Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first month with BB and I have to laugh at their shipping. First the tracking showed it picked up in Mt Juliet, about 5 miles from where I live, then it went to Elizabethtown New Jersey, I guess to go visit some snow. Now it's in Atlanta....which is 4 hours south of me, so they had to drive it through Nashville to get there. I'm just giggling that my box is traveling all over the east coast. Wonder where the next stop will be  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of caudalie at all. Has anyone read the reviews on beautypedia? Poor product ingredients and high prices.
I do like their overnight detox oil. Paula's Choice (which beautypedia is affiliated with) does just discount some things just because it might be an irritant to some skin types. I can understand a warning that it might not be suitable for all skin types (what is?) but I do take what she states with a grain or two of salt and research at other places as well (such as truth in aging)

Last edited by a moderator:
Birchbox is having another 40% off sale, but this time it seems that it's not only for Aces, but for everyone. It's the Hibernate in Style Sale and seems to be mostly jewelry, teas, wallets and apparel: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/hibernate-in-style?limit=all

Thanks for pushing me over my no more spending this month Birchbox  -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you so much for posting this @@graquarius!  I have wanted the Kate Spade purse since I saw it:

Kate Spade Saturday The Weekender Tote

ColorSteel Blue/Lagoon 4IRU0255-9341 $175.00Benefit Cosmetics Puff Off!6020040622151 $29.00

Spend $35, get a free Mystery Sample Pack58231 $10.00

Subtotal $214.00 Shipping & Handling$0.00Discount (VIP Free Shipping, Hibernate in Style 40% Off Discount, HIBERNATE, Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase)-$80.00400 reward points-$40.00

Grand Total$94.00

So excited to get this order!!!

I do like their overnight detox oil. Paula's Choice (which beautypedia is affiliated with) does just discount some things just because it might be an irritant to some skin types. I can understand a warning that it might not be suitable for all skin types (what is?) but I do take what she states with a grain or two of salt and research at other places as well (such as truth in aging)
 I used to check out beautypedia more but then decided to just try out things myself. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> It's nice to know about ingredients but sometimes things work out for me that might not have the best value ingredient wise. If using a product makes me feel good and the results on me are ok then I'm good with it regardless what some "experts" might say. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> It's a great resource though but I'm with you about taking some things she says with a grain of salt.

Thank you so much for posting this @@graquarius!  I have wanted the Kate Spade purse since I saw it:

Kate Spade Saturday The Weekender Tote

ColorSteel Blue/Lagoon 4IRU0255-9341 $175.00Benefit Cosmetics Puff Off!6020040622151 $29.00

Spend $35, get a free Mystery Sample Pack58231 $10.00

Subtotal $214.00 Shipping & Handling$0.00Discount (VIP Free Shipping, Hibernate in Style 40% Off Discount, HIBERNATE, Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase)-$80.00400 reward points-$40.00

Grand Total$94.00

So excited to get this order!!!
Ooh! Nice order! Congrats! I need to check out that tote now. This darn no buy and seeing these awesome hauls is killing me. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

My HP Hello sample was spilled all over the inside of my box. I hesitate to email them because I really don't want a replacement of this box, it was kind of crappy.
I emailed regarding an opened and spilled product and they are sending me a replacement box that is a little different. 3/5 are new samples - which I was able to review for points.

So you may get new items that you love :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Birchbox is having another 40% off sale, but this time it seems that it's not only for Aces, but for everyone. It's the Hibernate in Style Sale and seems to be mostly jewelry, teas, wallets and apparel: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/hibernate-in-style?limit=all

Thanks for pushing me over my no more spending this month Birchbox  -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for sharing or I would have missed this! I'd been eyeing that Jonathan Adler Santorini dish for months, and decided to get one of his POP candles and tea cup too! Plus more tea which is always a good thing.

I get an error message every time I try to order. Tells me to try again later. It's later... Still not working.

I just checked too. Their site doesn't seem to be working. It says temporarily unavailable.

Does anyone know where the Box button (where you can see and review your box) went? Mine has been missing and it's missing from my mom's account as well. When I log in all I see is Shop, Magazine, and Gift. Is this happening to anyone else? I noticed it last month.

Does anyone know where the Box button (where you can see and review your box) went? Mine has been missing and it's missing from my mom's account as well. When I log in all I see is Shop, Magazine, and Gift. Is this happening to anyone else? I noticed it last month.
That happened to me for a few weeks. I changed browsers. I can't recall exactly what CS said, but it had something to do with support issues in one browser. If you are using IE, try Firefox or Chrome.

I had this same problem a few days ago. My cart would show but then when I tried to find it later, I couldn't see the button for the cart. So weird that the cart would come and go like that. Browser issue would make sense. I was using Firefox.

I guess it took me too long to check my email, because it looks like I can't put the Kate Spade weekender tote in my cart. That is the one item I have been saving my points for all these months. Waaaaaaahhh!

On the bright side, I now have $90 worth of points to spend on something else and I am happy that some of you got a wonderful bargain on it.

I must admit, I am hoping someone gets it, hates it and returns it. By then I will have $100 in points and I will pay full price for the darn thing, if it restocks, lol.

Latest posts

Back