Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone said to store it vertically and upside down to keep it from drying out. I get the vertical part but not sure what would be considered upside down. Tip pointing up? :hehe:   Finally a use for this emoticon.
Tip pointing down.  And if it starts to seem dry, pull the tip out with a pair of tweezers, turn it around, and stick it back in the other way.  

What color is it?
Eyeco is black.

I have not actually tried anything in my boxes, but the sizes of the samples are more generous than I was expecting. The eyeco looks full size. The obliphica/hairkop is not a ketchup packet but a cute little purple .5 ounce vial. The marcelle is 1.7 ounces and says "paraben free" on the label. 

Hate to say it, but I think it's partly because of the way things happen here...one person posts a genuinely nice interaction with a customer service rep who gave them points or a new box, and then a bunch of other people complain that they didn't get the same and run off to email Birchbox trying to get the same.  Unfortunately this sometimes results in the generous customer service rep getting reprimanded and/or new policies being put in place about such things :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (at least, it does in other similar places I've worked.)

Here I was hoping to see some apology BB points haha. Seems they've become stingy with their points lately 
I really really love the Rent the Runway box!  Good products, generous sizes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this is my first month with Birchbox so not sure if this is typical....but my box was sitting in Mt Juliet for about 4 days, and now it says its in Elizabethport NJ. Um.... I am literally 5 miles away from Mt Juliet, why on earth would they then ship it by way of New Jersey?  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    I just find that too funny. I can't wait to see what city it hits next  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok this is my first month with Birchbox so not sure if this is typical....but my box was sitting in Mt Juliet for about 4 days, and now it says its in Elizabethport NJ. Um.... I am literally 5 miles away from Mt Juliet, why on earth would they then ship it by way of New Jersey?  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    I just find that too funny. I can't wait to see what city it hits next  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't think it is typical, mine usually shows some sort of update along the way within a few days. I can't imagine why they would detour yours, so hopefully it is just a glitch. I do think that it often takes a few days for my box to actually start moving after they say it was sent.

Mine says that is is still in Mt Juliet...and has since the 4th! I am getting a little bit antsy. I am not sure if it is slow because I ordered an add on (this is the first time I have done that) or if it is stuck somewhere or is moving but not being scanned along the way. I am hoping for that last option. Hope both of ours come very soon! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It happens to me every month.  My box starts out in Mt. Juliet, makes it's way all the way over to Elizabethport, NJ, and then comes back to Chicago.  Makes no sense, but that's how it's been these past 5 months, every month!

sometimes mine goes from TN to IN, then to me, this month mine went to NJ as well lol it just depends. but i have always disliked DHL lol

Well, the Caudalie sample I got was literally empty. I turned out the lights and checked with a penlight. The Clean sample was open and spilled, and the eye gel has less than one application in the tub. I feel a bit mislead/cheated; I emailed CS, so hopefully they come up with some sort of resolution. Womp womp. 

Non sequitur: Happy Galentine's Day, everyone!

Edit/Update: Wow, Aces status really does result in fast responses. CS sent a generic email that said they will try to ship a replacement box or send "compensation" (I assume points) if a box can't be sent. They didn't address any of the issues I listed, but that's fine as I assume they are busy (and it is Friday). Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the Caudalie sample I got was literally empty. I turned out the lights and checked with a penlight. The Clean sample was open and spilled, and the eye gel has less than one application in the tub. I feel a bit mislead/cheated; I emailed CS, so hopefully they come up with some sort of resolution. Womp womp. 

Non sequitur: Happy Galentine's Day, everyone!
I've emailed CS about getting jipped with Caudalie before and they gave me what seemed to be a super generic "In case you get another Caudalie complaint" answer. I hate getting Caudalie.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've emailed CS about getting jipped with Caudalie before and they gave me what seemed to be a super generic "In case you get another Caudalie complaint" answer. I hate getting Caudalie.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'd seen posts about the samples being really low, but when I picked this one up it felt weightless. I was actually shocked when I backlit the tube in the bathroom. I imagine this is a Caudalie prep issue since it is ongoing with the brand. Maybe BB should stop partnering with them if this keeps happening.

My HP Hello sample was spilled all over the inside of my box. I hesitate to email them because I really don't want a replacement of this box, it was kind of crappy.

My HP Hello sample was spilled all over the inside of my box. I hesitate to email them because I really don't want a replacement of this box, it was kind of crappy.
I'd still email if only so that it might improve quality control/packing in the future. I hate (loathe with a passion) perfume samples, so I have no investment in a replacement, but adding the whole complaint to their records could theoretically improve shipment conditions or packing in the future. 

I'm not a fan of caudalie at all. Has anyone read the reviews on beautypedia? Poor product ingredients and high prices.

I read in a few posts back that someone was worried there would be parabens in the Marcelle makeup remover. I just got my box today and there are no parabens in the list of ingredients for it.

Also, not sure you if already know this, but there is no scientific evidence that parabens are directly linked to cancer. I try to avoid it too since it is a preservative, and I don't think it's necessary, but I also think it's important not to believe everything you hear without doing proper research. I feel like the whole 'no parabens' thing is a great way for companies to market to people's fears.

Sounds like your box may be the long-lost-sibling if my first Glossybox. In addition behind-the-scenes/ admin issues (billing mistakes) my box arrived w/ the perfume entirely spilled & the product I was most excited about (lip tar) missing altogether!

Anyway, I would def still email CS...for the issues already mentioned above but also so you have a record of the problematic box in case you have additional issues in the near future. Hopefully not if course, but if so it would be much better to have already let them know than to later mention it as an ongoing issue. not sure I'm being particularly articulate in what I'm saying but hopefully you get my jist

I'm not a fan of caudalie at all. Has anyone read the reviews on beautypedia? Poor product ingredients and high prices.
LOVE beautypedia! Somehow I only discovered it - as well as Paula's Choice - several months ago & now I can't imagine surviving without the great info/ resources they provide! Just last night I was using their ingredient dictionary to create my own analysis/ rating of a julep product that they haven't reviewed. I feel SO much more equipped & educated re: my skin care choices/ purchases. Have you watched any of their live chats on YouTube? That's actually how I initially found them & then I couldn't stop watching. I never would have believed it but their chats, despite being mostly about skincare, are actually entertaining! If you haven't seen them I highly recommend checking them out; I'm not sure when the actual live time is as I've only watched them recorded after-the-fact but they're all available on PC's YouTube channel & there are also shorter clips/ out takes of highlights/ takeaways as well as a time/ topic log in the description box of the hour-long chats so you can zero-in on what is pertinent to you if you don't want (or have the time to) watch in its entirety.

After lots of research I actually made my first order w/ them just a few weeks ago. Before ordering I was super impressed w/ how great they were about answering a few questions I had (via email & phone). And despite shipping being free I placed my order on a Tues evening & had my delivery in hand before noon on Fri (& I live on the opposite side of the country from where they're located).

Thus far I've been really impressed w/ the products I purchased & already am figuring out what I'll order next. Mostly I just wanted to say hi to a fellow BP fan but just in case you're you've never ordered from them & are looking to do so let me know if you'd like my code for $10 off your first order.

LOVE beautypedia! Somehow I only discovered it - as well as Paula's Choice - several months ago & now I can't imagine surviving without the great info/ resources they provide! Just last night I was using their ingredient dictionary to create my own analysis/ rating of a julep product that they haven't reviewed. I feel SO much more equipped & educated re: my skin care choices/ purchases. Have you watched any of their live chats on YouTube? That's actually how I initially found them & then I couldn't stop watching. I never would have believed it but their chats, despite being mostly about skincare, are actually entertaining! If you haven't seen them I highly recommend checking them out; I'm not sure when the actual live time is as I've only watched them recorded after-the-fact but they're all available on PC's YouTube channel & there are also shorter clips/ out takes of highlights/ takeaways as well as a time/ topic log in the description box of the hour-long chats so you can zero-in on what is pertinent to you if you don't want (or have the time to) watch in its entirety.

After lots of research I actually made my first order w/ them just a few weeks ago. Before ordering I was super impressed w/ how great they were about answering a few questions I had (via email & phone). And despite shipping being free I placed my order on a Tues evening & had my delivery in hand before noon on Fri (& I live on the opposite side of the country from where they're located).

Thus far I've been really impressed w/ the products I purchased & already am figuring out what I'll order next. Mostly I just wanted to say hi to a fellow BP fan but just in case you're you've never ordered from them & are looking to do so let me know if you'd like my code for $10 off your first order.
I also just found PC and BP about a month ago. I read up on nearly all brands I was familiar with and also learned a ton. I just made my first PC product purchase recently and love the quality. A good friend of mine is a marykay seller and wanted me to attend a party. I used the site to see what products were actually worth paying for. So handy!

I didn't know about the videos. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back