Birchbox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really looking forward to the January box simply because I've been so icktastic that I am cranky about my December boxes simply because I look at them and think about how sick I was when they arrived! I fully realize it's a ridiculous thing, but that association is still there.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't think I'll ever cancel Birchbox tbh. Even though I'm not always happy with the samples, the points system makes up for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree! I've gotten a few full sized items I never would've spent the money on with points! 

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Agreed! Always amazed at all the stuff I'm able get with discount codes/points. 
smile.gif

I know! I'm a points hoarder and I've finally gotten to $50 in points and part of me wants to spend it, but the hoarder in me wants to save, save, save until I get a code emailed to me!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I honestly think that's why most people stay! I mean, you get approximately 50 points per box, which is $5 in the shop. So you pay $10 for samples shipped to your door (we always forget about the cost of shipping!) and a $5 credit for their online store. Honestly, even when I have less than stellar samples I don't cancel because it's not just about the samples, it's the whole service all-together. They're a genuine sampling service, where their main goal is to send people products from brands that we haven't tried/have wanted to try etc, and then give us credit so that we can buy full sizes of the items we sample. For all the complaints and harassment they get on their facebook, you would think people forget what they actually signed up for!
Sooooo true. I just used my 13 month anniversary code to get a $70 bottle of perfume and box of chocolate for free! It's the main reason I didn't qualify for VIB with Sephora, this year. They have some nice deluxe samples, sometimes, but they would never let me "earn" a free full sized bottle of perfume. That, and my beauty IQ has gone way up since I subscribed. I feel like my makeup and hair look 100% better than they did before, because I've found what works best for my skin, hair, and makeup.

December's box was kind of boring, for me, so I am really looking forward to January spoilers. That eyeshadow spoiler looked really dark.

Definitely hoping for a great January box as I really didn't like anything in my December box and did a full box trade. XD

I liked my December box pretty well. I liked that I got one make-up item, one lotion type item (did not like the scent on that, but that was okay), chocolate, a skin care item (exfoliant), and a hair care item I could actually use. I am not crazy about getting most hair care, but the dry shampoo I could use. Here are a few things on my wishlist:

- lip scrub

- face scrub (like the sugar scrub type)

- a yummy/food scented lotion/hand cream

- a glitter nail topcoat

- a creme nail polish

- a berry lip color

- a yummy/food scented perfume (if I must get perfume, I like these scents)

- a face mask

- a hair mask

- a 100% Pure make-up item, or really anything from them

Any of those would be great for me. This will be my third month with BB so I might be asking for things they do not do, but those are still things I would like ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm so excited for the January box!  I have had some hits and misses with BB over the last year but they every box so far has had at least one awesome item.  For last month it was the huge sea salt spray, love it!  I'm hoping there is something glittery for the new year.  Maybe a gold glitter eyeliner?  

So excited for this month! Give me all the skincare. 

Depending on how January goes, I may end up becoming a part of the 2-box group by gifting a 3-month subscription to my other account, I have just been digging Birchbox and it's points system so much over the last few months that it is tempting me every day. 

Quote: Originally Posted by jocedun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So excited for this month! Give me all the skincare. 

Depending on how January goes, I may end up becoming a part of the 2-box group by gifting a 3-month subscription to my other account, I have just been digging Birchbox and it's points system so much over the last few months that it is tempting me every day. 
Absolutely!  My extra three month sub ends after January and I'm thinking of using points to do another one.  BB really has me hooked.  

I just upgraded to a year sub with the yearly99 code! Merry Christmas to me! I figure its $99 plus I got 99 points (aka $10 in credits) for upgrading which technically makes it $89 plus an average of $5 a month in points/credits. That makes it $29 for 12 months of fabulousness shipped to my door. What is that? A little over $2 a box? Yes, please.

Quote: Originally Posted by LizGeary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bb posted this on Instagram!! Eye shadow?? Here is what the post said...

Has anyone been able to find a link to the spoiler the first 15 saw? I'm psyched. Gray eyeshadow is a staple for me, and I love trying new colors and formulations.I hope it's a shadow pencil.

Birchbox is the one subscription that I will never (barring extreme poverty) get rid of! I am very happy to be starting another year with them. I will be happy with pretty much everything, but things I do not want: lip gloss, salt spray, hair spray. I wonder if that glitch in the app has been fixed yet? I hope not!!

Back