Birchbox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by inlustro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ah, ok so I've still got half a year to wait. Thanks for the info, I'll be stalking the liter sale this summer!
Thanks for asking, I had forgotten about it, and now I have it marked on my new calendar.

Speaking of Amika, I would love a sample of the Blow Up spray, or hairspray, in my January box. I'd also love to sample the juice beauty lipsticks. Or anything else, pretty much, from Juice Beauty. And that lipgloss sample they were sending out, the dark one, I don't recall what brand.

My wishlist includes: ~Lotion!! (Any recommendations for keratosis pilaris? Nothing I have ever tried has made any improvement.) ~Leave-in conditioner! ~Moisturizer (my juice beauty just ran out :icon_cry: ) basically anything mositurizing..lol i'll accept any makeup, and anything sparkly as well. :icon_chee
I heard the product "KP Duty" works. I haven't given it a try because it's pricey though. I saw it at ulta and sephora!

Updates, please! *waves*

Hello, Dear MuT Ladies!

Happy New Year! 
wizard.gif
 <---------- kk this *could* be a sparkler and a party hat ... right? LOL

I heard the product "KP Duty" works. I haven't given it a try because it's pricey though. I saw it at ulta and sephora!
Darn!!! Wish I read this sooner!! I literally just left ulta.

I've tried the kp duty and it works well...it's a bit pricey but the jar goes a long way :)

Quote: Originally Posted by TippyAG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, jouer crackers are on sale for $12 now!
I thought that $16 was way too much for that, but now since I have 100 points I really want to get it and only spend $2! So tempting.. but I really want to save my points... decisions decisions.

I thought that $16 was way too much for that, but now since I have 100 points I really want to get it and only spend $2! So tempting.. but I really want to save my points... decisions decisions.
The struggle is real.

My wishlist includes: ~Lotion!! (Any recommendations for keratosis pilaris? Nothing I have ever tried has made any improvement.) ~Leave-in conditioner! ~Moisturizer (my juice beauty just ran out :icon_cry: ) basically anything mositurizing..lol i'll accept any makeup, and anything sparkly as well. :icon_chee
I use Avene Akerat and La Roche Posay Iso Urea Body Milk. They're both cheaper than KP Duty and works really well.

Thanks for all the KP suggestions!! With the hubby going out after work and the baby and MIL in bed... Tonight I have dedicated to: ME TIME! :-D Mud Mask: CHECK! Pedicure: CHECK! Movie/Eye Candy: CHECK! Thor... Yummy! (; Manicure: In Progress

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hand cream season continues, so I'll throw my vote over there! A leave-in conditioner would be great, too. This is going to be my last two-box month because I need to pare down all of the *stuff* in my apartment, and my secondary Birchbox needs to go.

Same- except I'm up to my eyeballs in hand cream right now!  Birchbox sent me a replacement box because one of my boxes disappeared into the abyss of my post office, but then it finally was delivered to my apartment.. the second one came with the same hand cream a few days later!  Not complaining but so many extras!  I also got a TON of makeup for Christmas.. I have to stop buying makeup at all.  Have to have to have to.

Im in the same boat, I have gotten so many lotions in the past 2 years I just cant keep up with all of them. I keep saying I need to stop buying makeup but I cant stop.

Quote: Originally Posted by Autym Henderson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  While this isn't a post about January's box I had to share my BB freebies - purchased all with points!

Nice haul!

I was just thinking it would be great to get a box of new brands for the new year.  That would be a great way to check out new companies and fit the whole theme idea. 

I totally agree, LadyK! I would love to try some new brands and kick off the new year by shaking up my skincare or makeup routine.

OK had a bit of a fiasco this month.
so the top left was the box I was supposed to get. The bottom is what they sent me. So I emailed them and they said they would send me a replacement. I just looked today and my box changed to the picture on the right! I guess that's what my replacement will contain ? Anyone know if these items are good?

Quote: Originally Posted by outdoorbarbie92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK had a bit of a fiasco this month. so the top left was the box I was supposed to get. The bottom is what they sent me. So I emailed them and they said they would send me a replacement. I just looked today and my box changed to the picture on the right! I guess that's what my replacement will contain ? Anyone know if these items are good?
Yes yes yes!  I received the box pictured on the right (except I got foil packets instead of a deluxe size of the Nelson J) and it is my favorite birchbox yet.  I have been subscribed for over a year.  That serum is the first one I have tried that didn't irritate my skin, the lip pencil in soft nude is gorgeous and simple without being too pale/washed out on me and the candle smells fantastic.

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just upgraded to a year sub with the yearly99 code! Merry Christmas to me! I figure its $99 plus I got 99 points (aka $10 in credits) for upgrading which technically makes it $89 plus an average of $5 a month in points/credits. That makes it $29 for 12 months of fabulousness shipped to my door. What is that? A little over $2 a box? Yes, please.
I'm sooo close to subbing for BB, and if this code works for newcomers, I am so there. Does it work for newbies? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back