Birchbox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by kotoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm sooo close to subbing for BB, and if this code works for newcomers, I am so there. Does it work for newbies? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I couldn't get it to work.  But let me know if you do... I'm trying to get an annual one too. I tried 3 months last year (it was ok). Happy to use a new email address and it will be a new address as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I couldn't get it to work.  But let me know if you do... I'm trying to get an annual one too. I tried 3 months last year (it was ok). Happy to use a new email address and it will be a new address as well.
Womp womp, didn't even notice the wait period of 2 weeks. I'll try it if I get the chance... I just signed up now.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know what you are talking about! I definitely bought Amika hair mask in this sale and posted about it on here. It was the Beauty Brands Liter Sale this summer...July I believe? The big tubs of it were about $12. It's an amazing deal. If I recall it's an annual thing.
Is this on Birchbox??? OMG I am excited to save up points now. 

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is this on Birchbox??? OMG I am excited to save up points now. 
No, this is the Beauty Brands Liter Sale! (beautybrands.com)

Okay, because I'm a nutjob, I went ahead and started prowling through box links.  They've got place holders and some semi-populated bags up to 19 at this point (we know this will change).  I compiled some of the products we're seeing so far.

The Inika eyeshadow is nice but I am seriously SO overloaded with eyeshadow right now.  

Inika Mineral Eyeshadow Reviver Clothing Deodorant Swipes Viva La Juicy Juicy Couture Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Benetint Klorane Dry Shampoo Ahmad Tea Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm Paula's Choice RESIST Antioxidant Serum Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Cream Camille Beckman Body Butter Nelson J Argan Oil Non Foaming Shampoo Whish 3 Wishes Body Butter Nelson J Argan Oil Healing Mask 100% Pure Body Cream 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara Liz Earle Starter Kit Toni & Guy Shampoo & Conditioner for Damaged Hair Toni & Guy Heat Protection Mist Dr. Jart+ Premium BB SPF 45

There are only a couple of fully populated boxes and god I want box 6 SO badly!   https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/january-2014/january-2014-bb6   I want that Ruby Wing Nail Polish and the Liz Earle kit.   Box 11 is pretty good, too.  But I know I'm out on it since I've already gotten the Dr. Jart (which I fell in love with and ended up buying the full size of) and Dr. Lipp (which I didn't like at first but then adored as a cuticle balm).   https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/january-2014/january-2014-bb11   I'd take box 12, too.    https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/january-2014/january-2014-bb12

Looking at those spoilers and browsing the box pages I am def more excited for this month after a so so December box!

im hoping to try beauty protector or perfect 10 in my birchbox this month. Ive heard great things about it and my hair could use some help 
smilehappyyes.gif

Really excited about this month... especially one of the spoilers! 

Quote: Originally Posted by outdoorbarbie92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK had a bit of a fiasco this month. so the top left was the box I was supposed to get. The bottom is what they sent me. So I emailed them and they said they would send me a replacement. I just looked today and my box changed to the picture on the right! I guess that's what my replacement will contain ? Anyone know if these items are good?

I got that box and seriously enjoyed everything except the shampoo. I loved the candle and can't wait to give it as a gift in the future.

im hoping to try beauty protector or perfect 10 in my birchbox this month. Ive heard great things about it and my hair could use some help  :smilehappyyes:
I got the Beauty Protector detangler in my first box last month and it's the one item I bought a full size of. I love everything about it, I hope it's in your box!

Quote: Originally Posted by LizGeary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bb posted this on Instagram!! Eye shadow?? Here is what the post said...

looks interesting. I wonder what nail polish they're wearing is this picture by the way, looks really pretty.

Some of those items look interesting.  This is definitely making me optimistic for January.  

Now that the holidays are (almost!) over, I'm super excited for my Birchbox this month!  Haha I barely looked at mine (aside from wolfing down the fortune cookie!) in Dec, but I know it will be a vital part of my "It's cold AND I can't shop anymore!" winter let-down.  I absolutely loved my January 2013 box and I'm hoping this one will be just as great! 

Along vaguely similar lines, my cold is pretty much gone, and I'm practically not coughing (thanks to allergies, I always have a cough, but this is almost at the usual just-allergies-and-not-anything-to-worry-about level), but I was sick for so much of December that I barely looked at my boxes because I didn't want to associate any good stuff with the ick.  Even now, though, I keep looking at the box contents and thinking, "Meh."  I'm definitely hoping for some good stuff in January!  I'm specifically crossing my fingers and hoping that they send stila out.  It doesn't matter what they send or even whether I get it.  I just want free shipping on stila stuff!  The cap on one of my favorite smudge sticks cracked, and now it's unusable.

I'll probably get whatever lip product they send out since they love to send those to me.  I just hope it's not a warm color, a red, or a plumping product.

Along vaguely similar lines, my cold is pretty much gone, and I'm practically not coughing (thanks to allergies, I always have a cough, but this is almost at the usual just-allergies-and-not-anything-to-worry-about level), but I was sick for so much of December that I barely looked at my boxes because I didn't want to associate any good stuff with the ick.  Even now, though, I keep looking at the box contents and thinking, "Meh."  I'm definitely hoping for some good stuff in January!  I'm specifically crossing my fingers and hoping that they send stila out.  It doesn't matter what they send or even whether I get it.  I just want free shipping on stila stuff!  The cap on one of my favorite smudge sticks cracked, and now it's unusable. I'll probably get whatever lip product they send out since they love to send those to me.  I just hope it's not a warm color, a red, or a plumping product.
Send all the plumping products my way! I have almost no top lip. Lol. If I put on plumping products, it's at least kinda there. Lmao.

I got a gift sub. coming this month. Has anyone gotten a welcome box recently? What was in it?

I got a gift sub. coming this month. Has anyone gotten a welcome box recently? What was in it?
The one I'm seeing on IG lately has the beauty protector shampoo and conditioner, benetint, a sparkly polish, and a full sized Ghiradelli chocolate bar

This is what I got in my Welcome Box in November, although I'm sure they change it up fairly frequently:

Bain de Terre macadamia oil NOURISHING CONDITIONER
Bain de Terre macadamia oil NOURISHING SHAMPOO
Evologie® Stay Clear Cream
Supergoop!® City Sunscreen Serum
theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac

*Edited because I didn't like how the post looked... haha.

I gifted 2 subs in December and they both got: Beauty Protecter Spray, Laqa Lip pencil-ring of fire, Chauo chocolate, Harvey Prince Hello and a Color Club nail polish in Dark and Stormy.  Boxes I wish I would have got.  Lol

Back