Birchbox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hand cream season continues, so I'll throw my vote over there! A leave-in conditioner would be great, too. This is going to be my last two-box month because I need to pare down all of the *stuff* in my apartment, and my secondary Birchbox needs to go.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hand cream season continues, so I'll throw my vote over there! A leave-in conditioner would be great, too. This is going to be my last two-box month because I need to pare down all of the *stuff* in my apartment, and my secondary Birchbox needs to go.

Same- except I'm up to my eyeballs in hand cream right now!  Birchbox sent me a replacement box because one of my boxes disappeared into the abyss of my post office, but then it finally was delivered to my apartment.. the second one came with the same hand cream a few days later!  Not complaining but so many extras!  I also got a TON of makeup for Christmas.. I have to stop buying makeup at all.  Have to have to have to.

I have to vote "no" for hand creams. I struggle with eczema, only on my hands, and I have one lotion that works and doesn't irritate my already sensitive hands. I wish I could use other hand creams because some of them smell so amazing, but anything scented irritates my hands. Oh well. I would love a leave in conditioner. I seem to go through them very fast. I would love an eye cream or a face moisturizer, even though I just purchased myself a philosophy eye cream. I always like to try new ones.

Wishlist for Birchbox - Face mask - Eye Cream - Hand cream - Mascara - Berry colored lip gloss

Ugh, mascara. If they send it, I get it -- but my eyes are too twitchy for me to wear it. Whenever something touches my eyelashes, my eyelids flip out like they're Venus flytraps. I probably have a dozen unopened tubes right now thanks to subs.

Quote: Originally Posted by Autym Henderson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  While this isn't a post about January's box I had to share my BB freebies - purchased all with points!

Wow!  You go girl!  I just used up my points too.  Finally got the Dr. Jart BB cream I've been lusting after.  Merry Christmas!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristen121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I would love to get hand cream and hair oil in my January box.
I definitely wouldn't argue with another Amika hair oil sample, especially if it's the huge "travel size" one I got last time.

I'd like cuticle oil or maybe a J.R. Watkins hand & cuticle salve, foot repair salve - or any J.R. Watkins sample they may want to throw my way, honestly.  The Clark's Botanicals lip balm (or any good lip balm) might be nice too.

I'm hoping for anything from TheBalm...their samples are so freaking adorable! I wouldn't mind a body scrub or an awesome shaving cream...I think I'm stocked on hand cream for the winter. I'd also love to get some of those mini MAKE eye shadow samples.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm hoping for anything from TheBalm...their samples are so freaking adorable! I wouldn't mind a body scrub or an awesome shaving cream...I think I'm stocked on hand cream for the winter. I'd also love to get some of those mini MAKE eye shadow samples.
I would love a body scrub.  I have so many face scrubs now but nothing for the body.  

My wishlist includes:

~Lotion!! (Any recommendations for keratosis pilaris? Nothing I have ever tried has made any improvement.)

~Leave-in conditioner!

~Moisturizer (my juice beauty just ran out
icon_cry.gif
)

basically anything mositurizing..lol i'll accept any makeup, and anything sparkly as well.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I tried the Amika Hair Mask/conditioner and I LOVE it! I recall a few months ago there being some mention on here of a HUGE sale on large-size bottles of this stuff. Someone was saying they wait for these sales to stock up. Does anyone recall the details? How much, how often, etc. TIA!

I was just looking through BB's new items. I hope they send me a sample of the Ruby Wing color changing nail polish because actually I'm a kid stuck in an adult's body.

My wishlist includes: ~Lotion!! (Any recommendations for keratosis pilaris? Nothing I have ever tried has made any improvement.) ~Leave-in conditioner! ~Moisturizer (my juice beauty just ran out :icon_cry: ) basically anything mositurizing..lol i'll accept any makeup, and anything sparkly as well. :icon_chee
I have keratosis piliaris. The only thing I've found that works well is 100% coconut oil. I buy if from the grocery store and it's cheaper than the natural beauty products even though it's the same thing. It's solid at room temperature so I put the jar in the shower with me to soften up. I put it on the affected areas after cleansing and then let the heat work it in a bit. After awhile I just quickly rinse off the excess and that's it. Btw with mine, I noticed exfoliating makes it worse. Even with just one of those pouf things.

Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have keratosis piliaris. The only thing I've found that works well is 100% coconut oil. I buy if from the grocery store and it's cheaper than the natural beauty products even though it's the same thing. It's solid at room temperature so I put the jar in the shower with me to soften up. I put it on the affected areas after cleansing and then let the heat work it in a bit. After awhile I just quickly rinse off the excess and that's it. Btw with mine, I noticed exfoliating makes it worse. Even with just one of those pouf things.

I've noticed the same thing about exfoliating... Gave that up a long time ago, well except for my calves when I shave my legs. My KP affects nearly my entire body. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> A derm once prescribed me a salicylic acid (ointment? or something like that) and a topical retinoid cream to try... but they were both expensive and I would prefer less harsh chemicals. I didn't see the point of treating it with chemicals that would irritate my skin, it's already bad enough and as soon as the treatment stopped the KP would be back.

Might have to pick up some coconut oil on the next shopping trip...Thanks for the suggestion. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So you put it on while you are in the shower? and let it soak in while you shower? Like while you shampoo your hair or something?

Quote: Originally Posted by TippyAG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My wishlist includes:

~Lotion!! (Any recommendations for keratosis pilaris? Nothing I have ever tried has made any improvement.)

~Leave-in conditioner!

~Moisturizer (my juice beauty just ran out
icon_cry.gif
)

basically anything mositurizing..lol i'll accept any makeup, and anything sparkly as well.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

When I had this as a kid, the dermatologist told me to use a body lotion with lactic acid in it, specifically, AmLactin.  There are other brands with it I'm sure these days.

I tried the Amika Hair Mask/conditioner and I LOVE it! I recall a few months ago there being some mention on here of a HUGE sale on large-size bottles of this stuff. Someone was saying they wait for these sales to stock up. Does anyone recall the details? How much, how often, etc. TIA!
I know what you are talking about! I definitely bought Amika hair mask in this sale and posted about it on here. It was the Beauty Brands Liter Sale this summer...July I believe? The big tubs of it were about $12. It's an amazing deal. If I recall it's an annual thing.

Ah, ok so I've still got half a year to wait. Thanks for the info, I'll be stalking the liter sale this summer!

I've noticed the same thing about exfoliating... Gave that up a long time ago, well except for my calves when I shave my legs. My KP affects nearly my entire body. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> A derm once prescribed me a salicylic acid (ointment? or something like that) and a topical retinoid cream to try... but they were both expensive and I would prefer less harsh chemicals. I didn't see the point of treating it with chemicals that would irritate my skin, it's already bad enough and as soon as the treatment stopped the KP would be back. Might have to pick up some coconut oil on the next shopping trip...Thanks for the suggestion. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So you put it on while you are in the shower? and let it soak in while you shower? Like while you shampoo your hair or something?
I'm also a total fan of more natural products! I put the jar in the shower to warm it up otherwise it's pretty much solid. Lol. The shower heat warms it to a softer consistency. I put it on while I do my hair and whatnot then rinse later. I get it really bad on my thighs, around my knees, and on the sides of my hips.

Back