Birchbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Birchbox usually consistent with their shipping?? I'm new to beauty subs in general, but it seems like they all tend to ship at random times..
i'd say so, i get a tracking on or around the 10th of every month. of course, with any company that's doing a lot of business, there are going to be exceptions to the rule who fall through the cracks. but i think their CS does a good job of taking care of it.

Is Birchbox usually consistent with their shipping?? I'm new to beauty subs in general, but it seems like they all tend to ship at random times..
Birchboxes also ship by the 10th (in theory). If yours doesn't, I think they give you points to make up for it. Your box contents will be revelaed by the 10th even if you haven't received it yet

Oh, Awesome! I was wondering if they posted a pic of the box with contents once shipped!! So, it's similar to Sample Society, then??

Oh, Awesome! I was wondering if they posted a pic of the box with contents once shipped!! So, it's similar to Sample Society, then??
Box content pages go up on the 10th of the month. Some boxes will have arrived by the time the pages are active.

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting... I've never seen the show, but I am going to law school. Do they have female attorneys on the show? Also, are we sure this isn't just for the men's boxes? Oh nvm, this site says the women's box will be a "partially-themed Suits box:" http://adage.com/article/media/usa-s-suits-birchbox-themed-box/242072/
Ok, I'm highly skeptical... What, exactly, is a "partial-theme"?  I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the spoiler video for this month, but right now seems like a might-be-great-might-be-insanely-bad. 

(Of course, I'm hoping for awesomeness!)

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I'm highly skeptical... What, exactly, is a "partial-theme"?  I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the spoiler video for this month, but right now seems like a might-be-great-might-be-insanely-bad. 

(Of course, I'm hoping for awesomeness!)
Yeah the whole choosing of the phrase "partial-theme" is giving me bad vibes.

I'm completely unfamiliar with the show (no tv = don't really pay attention to the vast majority of shows), but I noticed one interesting part of that _Ad Age_ article:

Ms. Beauchamp said Birchbox would welcome other TV partnerships and is interested in expanding into other categories such as movies.
_Grace of Monaco_ has fascinating possibilities, although we're more likely to end up with something like _Girl Most Likely_.

Hmm.. I enjoy the show, but am having a hard time picturing what they're going to feature. . Maybe a classic red polish or nude? I could see a face cream.. something luxe. Merp. Drawing a blank now. I could definItely see a man's box easily. .

Updates time!
yey.gif
<------ Happy Update Dance!

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know anything about SUITS but I always love collab boxes!!
Yesss!! Bring on the collab boxes! (And please no more last minute fallouts with nail polish.)

6.gif

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Merp. I am not a fan of the show!
Same here.

This is going to be my last BB for a few months since I'm moving, I hope its awesome :)

I've never seen Suits but collab boxes are always exciting! Can't wait for spoilers!

Hmm.. I enjoy the show, but am having a hard time picturing what they're going to feature. . Maybe a classic red polish or nude? I could see a face cream.. something luxe. Merp. Drawing a blank now. I could definItely see a man's box easily. .
This might be why for women's it's only a partial theme for the month.

I'm so meh about TV collaborations-- I think collabs are just a way for Birchbox to make money off someone else's advertising budget, and to get publicity for themselves.  I didn't think the Gossip Girl box was particularly stylish, it was just the same sort of stuff as normal with a different sleeve on the box.

I'd bit my tongue if there was a Mad Men box though.  I always need more winged liner.

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so meh about TV collaborations-- I think collabs are just a way for Birchbox to make money off someone else's advertising budget, and to get publicity for themselves.  I didn't think the Gossip Girl box was particularly stylish, it was just the same sort of stuff as normal with a different sleeve on the box.

I'd bit my tongue if there was a Mad Men box though.  I always need more winged liner.
I would love a Mad Men box!

Back