Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your wedding! @ How did it go?  I remember reading the debacle of the missing KS necklace you had intended for your sister/MOH.

@ you look gorgeous!! Congratulations :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :)

Oh my gosh loving your wedding pic!!!! congrats!

@, congratulations!!
Thank you ladies!

I really wanted my big sis and I to have matching necklaces, but we all know how that panned out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I upcycled my birch boxes and I gave them 4-5 high end samples from the bergdorf goodman glossy box, bobbi brown, smash box, and birch box.  my bridesmaids loved them. boy was i relieved, lol

So what happens if you use WOMENSHEALTH100 if I literally just used BBJETBLUE? Would I end up with 2 july boxes or it would just be like prepaying for august. I guess I will try and wait the promo code out to happen after shipping for july is over.. I want to take advantage, but not exploit the system.

Does anyone know when the bbjetblue code expires?
This! And now I'm wondering about WomensHealth100 as well.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think the only way you can really guarantee you get a July box is if you wait until July 1st. 

They usually have a deadline around the 21st or so, but I know in the last few months people have subscribed as late as the 31st and STILL got that months box. 

Unless it's a sub that you got a June box on & just cancelled. Then you can re-open it any time & you'll get a July box. They won't send you two Junes on the same account. 
Thank you! I re-opened an account on the 21st and nothing has happened with it yet, I'm hoping I get July with it.

super stoked about this box. especially those foot wipes. anybody in CA knows how grody feet can get in sandals when you wear them 24/7 

IMG_20140624_234707.jpg

please excuse the potato blackberry photo, my ipod and ipad are dead atm.

also uh, the new mally packaging is to die for. glitter ombre yes please! 

I used a full tube of this and have another old white version in my stash, so I can finally open that one. 

I make a point to not have 2 of the same mascaras unused at one time.

You don't have to wait. I've done the dance in about a minute in one session, usually as soon as I've done my feedback reviews on the account.

As far as gift cards, we flip our points over to gift cards. Some people might have actual gifts, but I think most of us are using points-purchased cards.
I just re-subbed to Birchbox; my first box was awful. How do you flip points over to gift cards?

super stoked about this box. especially those foot wipes. anybody in CA knows how grody feet can get in sandals when you wear them 24/7 

IMG_20140624_234707.jpg

please excuse the potato blackberry photo, my ipod and ipad are dead atm.

also uh, the new mally packaging is to die for. glitter ombre yes please! 

I used a full tube of this and have another old white version in my stash, so I can finally open that one. 

I make a point to not have 2 of the same mascaras unused at one time.
aren't those foot wipes great??  I love them - I walk at lunchtime and these really help afterwards!

I just re-subbed to Birchbox; my first box was awful. How do you flip points over to gift cards?
Go to this page & give yourself a gift card (it's electronic):

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/gift/index/ecard/

You can do $10, $50, or whatever. If you have 200 points, do two $10 cards. 300 points=three $10 cards. 

When you're done filling in the information it will let you add the card to your cart. 

When you're all set & get to the payment step of the checkout process, click the checkbox saying you want to use your points. 

Hopefully that makes sense. If not, let me know. 

We should probably add this to the FAQs as it's asked pretty often! 

Ok. I typed up some info for the FAQs on points & gift cards. Does this make sense to all of you Birchbox pros? I tend to ramble (obviously) and I've been at work for 9 hours so I'm a little fried.  :blink:

Q. How do Birchbox points work? 

You earn 10 points for each item you review from your box, so each month you should earn anywhere between 40 and 70 points on your account. You can also earn points by purchasing full sized items in the Birchbox shop! You get one point for every dollar spent (NOTE: If you use gift cards or points to pay for all/part of your purchase, you will not receive points for that portion). Occasionally Birchbox will also give you points for issues with boxes or shipping. Points expire 365 days from the date you receive them. Every 100 points you accumulate equals $10 to spend in the shop.

You must spend points in increments of 100. For example, if you have 300 points and your purchase comes to $26, you'll have to use all 300 points. You can't choose to just spend 200 & pay the $6. You want to make sure you get your total as close to the number of points you have as possible. If you have 300 points and your total comes to exactly $20, you'll use 200 points and have 100 left over. 

When you're looking at your cart, you will not see a field to indicate that you want to use points. You'll need to hit 'Checkout' first. When you get to the 'payment' area, there should be a box you can check to use your points on the order. 

Q. How can I turn my points into gift cards? 

Since Birchbox points expire after 365 days, many of our members choose to convert them to gift cards (electronic). 
To give yourself a gift card, go here: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/gift/index/ecard/. Fill in your name & the email address for the account you're sending the points from. Then fill in your name and the email address for the account you're sending the points to. You can use gift cards on ANY account, so it doesn't really matter when e-mail address you choose for these. 

Next, choose the amount. If the amount you want isn't on the list, you'll just have to gift yourself multiple gift cards (300 points=3 $10 cards, 400 points=4 $10 gift cards). You can leave the date as is. 

Confirm the information you've entered and add the gift card to your cart! If you need more than one gift cart, repeat this process until you have all the cards you want. Then go to your cart & checkout. When you get to the 'payment' area, there should be a box you can check to use your points on the order. 

The electronic gift card will be sent to you via e-mail. Sometimes it's immediate and sometimes it takes a few hours. If you want to use a gift card on an order, just enter the card number into the 'gift card' field and hit apply. You can use multiple gift cards on the same order and you can use a combination of points and gift cards on the same order. 

Latest posts

Back