Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the earliest I can re-open a sub and guarantee it is for July instead of June?
I think the only way you can really guarantee you get a July box is if you wait until July 1st. 

They usually have a deadline around the 21st or so, but I know in the last few months people have subscribed as late as the 31st and STILL got that months box. 

Unless it's a sub that you got a June box on & just cancelled. Then you can re-open it any time & you'll get a July box. They won't send you two Junes on the same account. 

I'm thinking that maybe since they're having this pick a product thing that maybe the boxes are all identical. The only other way I could see this working is if the boxes are decided by what you choose, so if you pick nail polish A then your box would be picked from a certain set of numbers. Like the boxes are all put together and ready and when you make your pick it sets your profile to get a box with that polish in it.

With everyone wanting the Ruffian nail polish I can foresee a lot of unhappy people stuck with the lip color!

I'm thinking that maybe since they're having this pick a product thing that maybe the boxes are all identical. The only other way I could see this working is if the boxes are decided by what you choose, so if you pick nail polish A then your box would be picked from a certain set of numbers. Like the boxes are all put together and ready and when you make your pick it sets your profile to get a box with that polish in it.

With everyone wanting the Ruffian nail polish I can foresee a lot of unhappy people stuck with the lip color!
I have a feeling that this might happen, which is totally unfortunate. And they better send all of the e-mails out at the same time so that people don't feel excluded, or have their sample of choice run out.

This is mostly my concern because of that fact that birchbox just can't seem to get there act together since the warehouse move from h.e. double hockey stick.

I've been checking my email like every hour to see if they'll send the email....

ETA I just noticed that it says "buff" above my profile pic and I was confused...I'm not buff and I didn't put that there...then I realized that it was to replace the "advanced member" descriptor that was there before  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure whether I want the nail polish or the lip stain. Right now I'm leaning towards the lip stain.

I have both lip stains, so I'll go for the polishes. I have three accounts, so I hope I'm able to get different polishes on each before they run out.

I love that BB has hand models with the polishes so I can get a better idea of the polish colors....

Except now that I've seen them all, I NEED THEM ALL... (There might be a 3rd account made this month)

I've been checking my email like every hour to see if they'll send the email....

ETA I just noticed that it says "buff" above my profile pic and I was confused...I'm not buff and I didn't put that there...then I realized that it was to replace the "advanced member" descriptor that was there before  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ohh, I am an "Aficionado"!

I am so excited for another Ruffian polish!  I love the formula of them.  I'm thinking I need Relic in my life, I'm not a fan of the other 2 though.

We changed the default titles! Buff / Aficionado / Obsessed or whatever are the default "titles" in your profile and are related to your number of posts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . If you want to change it, just go to your profile settings.

I changed mine to "glasses" because I couldn't think of anything else :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Received my Suki exfoliate foaming cleanser sample today but the lid was off and the sample is completely dried out. Is this supposed to be dry?

ETA: Just realized this is the July thread, but if anyone knows the answer, I would appreciate it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my Suki exfoliate foaming cleanser sample today but the lid was off and the sample is completely dried out. Is this supposed to be dry?

ETA: Just realized this is the July thread, but if anyone knows the answer, I would appreciate it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have one from a few months ago and it should be kind of damp. Not soaking wet, but some moisture.

We changed the default titles! Buff / Aficionado / Obsessed or whatever are the default "titles" in your profile and are related to your number of posts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . If you want to change it, just go to your profile settings.

I changed mine to "glasses" because I couldn't think of anything else :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
i just changed mine too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back