Birchbox June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to have to make two posts but I tried five times and couldn't get both pics on the last post. It does settle a bit, but there is a lot of product in that little jar. It's 1 Fl. Oz.

It's definitely sealed 
icon_eek.gif
And it looks SO full! Ok, that's it...I'm off to order the Suki from Ariva!! Thanks so much for posting!!!

Sorry to have to make two posts but I tried five times and couldn't get both pics on the last post. It does settle a bit, but there is a lot of product in that little jar. It's 1 Fl. Oz.  
Definitely want to try this!! Thank you!

Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Suki scrub I ordered from ariva.com came in today. It does smell good, can't wait to try it.

And it's an ounce, right? That is a pretty good size. Was it full inside, or half full or...? I am VERY tempted to get this, now!

Originally Posted by basementsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This morning I dropped my Cargo blush from my May box and it broke all over my bathroom floor!
icon_cry.gif

So bummed about it. Managed to salvage some, but I don't know if I'll try and put it all back together since it DID wind up on my dirty bathroom floor...
Michelle Phan has a YouTube video called 'How to fix broken makeup' where she repairs a broken blush by adding a little rubbing alcohol into the pan, chopping up the blush pieces until it makes a smooth paste, and then letting it dry.  This might be your chance to try it out.  Cute video, too.

Tried out the Suki sample today and I really liked it! It wasn't super gritty unfortunately, but when I rinsed it off my face was literally squeaky clean. Not sure if it will dry out my face, but I have pretty oily skin so that would actually be welcome. I also used my repeat of Amika and I forgot how much I love that stuff. I wish it wasn't so expensive!

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Suki scrub I ordered from ariva.com came in today. It does smell good, can't wait to try it.

And it's an ounce, right? That is a pretty good size. Was it full inside, or half full or...? I am VERY tempted to get this, now!

Yes, it's an ounce. It is full, there is a little space on the side where it settled as you can on the right side. There's a lot of product in there.

To me, it smells like those Lemonhead lemon drops :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was yours sealed?
It was sealed but not very well.  It's obvious that the product had dried and oxidized to some extent, but it does still reconstitute. It works well, but I am not the Suki fan everyone else seems to be.  The smell is more like floor cleaner to me and the scrubbing particles are somewhat rough and jagged, which isn't that great for your skin.  It does a pretty good job, but there are definitely much better scrubs for the money.  I received the full size because of getting the Haute look bag, but I wouldn't buy it on it's own again.

Here is another pic from the side. There is a small space where it settled.

Awesome. Seems better packed than the ones from BB. I thought it smelled like Fruit Loops. hehe

Yay! I just ordered the same one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> did your come with the 5 samples you picked?

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Michelle Phan has a YouTube video called 'How to fix broken makeup' where she repairs a broken blush by adding a little rubbing alcohol into the pan, chopping up the blush pieces until it makes a smooth paste, and then letting it dry.  This might be your chance to try it out.  Cute video, too.
Thanks! I remember tips for reconstructing broken make up were going around on last month's BB thread here since SO many of the Cargo brushes showed up broken, but salvageable. Only thing holding me back is the fact that it broke on my bathroom floor, which I haven't cleaned for weeks!
icon_eek.gif
I've been traveling a lot! Bathroom floor cleaning was NOT on the top of my pre-trip list!
icon_lol.gif

I just got back from vacation and got my two BB's!! (one I accidentally ordered and one was a free one since the first one said it was being sent back to BB).
I LOVE the suki. my face gt burnt and started to peel awkwardly and the suki totally cleared ALL of my problems, the flakes and black heads are almost completely gone! The samples are great sized, too! The Reign in Spain is more peachy than I expected (thought its be more pinkish) but its pretty and two coates of it look pretty even. I only sprayed a little bit of the dry shampoo on my hair but it made the little patch feel sooo smooth and smells good too. but the Mirenesse is eh. The pink is okay but that awkward gold glitter in it just makes it look so odd. not sure I can pull it off! Overall I'm pumped about this box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by BeautyLoverIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! I just ordered the same one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> did your come with the 5 samples you picked?

Yes! And two of them were deluxe sized. They ship quickly also.

Tried out the Suki sample today and I really liked it! It wasn't super gritty unfortunately, but when I rinsed it off my face was literally squeaky clean. Not sure if it will dry out my face, but I have pretty oily skin so that would actually be welcome. I also used my repeat of Amika and I forgot how much I love that stuff. I wish it wasn't so expensive!
I have really oily skin and the suki didn't dry out my face. it felt amazingly clean though. But I'm in the south where the humidity just kicked in so that's a contributing factor to the oiliness.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those who loved the Origins Mask it is a 100 point perk at Sephora
I just went on a Sephora shopping spree, so I definatly think I'll be getting this! I love my sample of it, and it is always nice to have a back up :)

My replacement Suki scrub arrived today from BB and its COMPLETELY full and has a lot less oil in it - its much lighter colored. Maybe the half full batch had a bad sugar to oil ratio that was screwing things up?

Polar opposite of my first jar, so if you're getting half full jars its definitely worth it to say something. I also noticed there was a little inspected sticker on the bottom - not sure if that was on BB's end or Suki. My first jar didnt have that.

Back