Birchbox June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out, I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling the first week in June (going to Florida for a show) is it sad that I'm upset I'll be super far behind on reading this thread and finding out all the spoilers??
sadyes.gif

This makes me want to buy something in the shop in June then!  I may get the Make makeup remover.  I have to wait till June to earn 15 points to get my $10 off!  Also need to follow up with BB about my emails.....I am signed up for them but never get them.  I am not sure if they send them less frequently or if I am still not getting them.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I came across this on instagram.

I will probably be away when they start to ship out June.  I'll be on my honeymoon and hopefully will have this box delivered when I restart my mail!

Have fun on your honeymoon!  It will be a nice little something to come home to!

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will probably be away when they start to ship out June.  I'll be on my honeymoon and hopefully will have this box delivered when I restart my mail!

Yay June!!!! and congrats JimmyJazz! Hope your honeymoon is amazing! My poor hubby and I were sick with the swine flu for the entirety of ours lol

Hope you have a nice BB to come home to. Enjoy your honeymoon.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay June!!!! and congrats JimmyJazz! Hope your honeymoon is amazing! My poor hubby and I were sick with the swine flu for the entirety of ours lol
Sorry to hear you guys were sick on your honeymoon, maybe a second one is in order lol. We went on a cruise and I was seasick the first full day at sea thankfully I was able to get medicine on the boat.

Thanks Ladies.  
yay.gif

It is one of my fears: being sick on the honeymoon - I payed for the entire trip and it wasn't cheap!  I agree, Ches- you need to have a second one!

Jay - that's why I decided that my honeymoon wouldn't be the first time on a cruise ship.  I have a family that has weak bellies. Did the medication make you sleepy though?

I know how that feels. My husband and I waited 7 years to have a weekend all to ourselves with no kids, and we ended up with food poisoning.

That freaking swine flu--I felt like such an idiot the whole month I was ill with it (exacerbated asthma) because they had actually offered the vaccine for free at my college but I was too lazy to stand in line for it.  My first time visiting London I spent 3 days in my hotel room with strep throat.  My mother says that people get sick on vacation from 1. the plane and 2. the stress lowers your immune system.  I think she's on to something.

Thanks Ladies.  
yay.gif

It is one of my fears: being sick on the honeymoon - I payed for the entire trip and it wasn't cheap!  I agree, Ches- you need to have a second one!

Jay - that's why I decided that my honeymoon wouldn't be the first time on a cruise ship.  I have a family that has weak bellies. Did the medication make you sleepy though?
It was my first time on a cruise, the medication didn't make me sleepy its weird but I made me hungrier. Oh and I almost forgot I also got sick after having a bad pina colada at a restaurant in one of the ports. Despite all that  I loved going on a cruise  it was my favorite vacation to date.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know how that feels. My husband and I waited 7 years to have a weekend all to ourselves with no kids, and we ended up with food poisoning.

Sorry to hear that, I guess you cant always plan for everything.

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That freaking swine flu--I felt like such an idiot the whole month I was ill with it (exacerbated asthma) because they had actually offered the vaccine for free at my college but I was too lazy to stand in line for it.  My first time visiting London I spent 3 days in my hotel room with strep throat.  My mother says that people get sick on vacation from 1. the plane and 2. the stress lowers your immune system.  I think she's on to something.

I've heard that too, usually if I travel in the spring I take my allergy meds because I have horrible seasonal allergies.

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We actually got sick cause half our wedding party was quite sick with the swine flu....I was like why didn't you just tell me! I would have let everyone go home and I certainly wouldn't have gotten in close for pics and stuff lol

Dang your family and friends must have been hard core!  They were like "We can't miss the wedding."  Hope you will be able to take a trip in the future someplace fab and not be sick!

We actually got sick cause half our wedding party was quite sick with the swine flu....I was like why didn't you just tell me! I would have let everyone go home and I certainly wouldn't have gotten in close for pics and stuff lol

Originally Posted by Antidentite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what's the deal with Color Club polishes? What's so special about them? I recieved a sample of that in rose gold back in Dec. It was the worst polish ever. It may have worked great for others great. I use bonder polish, basecoat, color polish two coats, sealant top coat and quick dry top coat and it lasted at least 5 to 6 days with Zoya, OPI, Sephora OPI, Lippmann, Illamasqua, and Essie.
I like Color Club,  I received a green color last summer that was really pretty that lasted a week.  I've since purchased full sized sets at Ross, 7 or 8 polishes for $8.  I wouldn't pay $8 a bottle probably but its not bad polish.  Birchbox probably gets them free so they're pimping them out.  I think Ruby Wing actually has a really bad consistency and chips quickly.  

I agree about the Ruby Wing. I painted one nail on Saturday since my sister got the polish in her box, and I really wanted to see if it changed color.  Well it did, but by the end of the day half of the polish flaked off my nail.  Given, I didn't use base or top coats, but I was surprised how quickly it came off considering how thin the polish was on my nail. I am a "picker" and as soon as a nail chips, I consider it open season to peel all the polish off of my nails.  I was thinking that since it is a thin polish, I wouldn't be able to peel it off and it would stay on for a while. 

Also, I'm pretty excited to see the Suki foaming cleanser possibly being in the boxes, I really like it! I actually JUST placed a Birchbox order for it before checking the forum.  I know you shouldn't eat your face cleansing products, and I don't, but I licked my lips after cleaning my face with the cleanser and it tasted good!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dang your family and friends must have been hard core!  They were like "We can't miss the wedding."  Hope you will be able to take a trip in the future someplace fab and not be sick!
Oh lordy, it was a crazy mess of a wedding lol! I learned one thing the hard way...this is going to sound sooo snobby, but it's the truth. It's YOUR day, don't let anyone tell you what to do or how to do things...they'll have their day and they'll have their time to choose what they want.

Then it turns out the girl who was the sickest of my bridesmaids (and just to note, I had NO idea anyone was sick!) ended up being a backstabbing you know what a few years later!

Gah, crazy!

But yes, hubby and I are going to go somewhere fabulous for our 5th anniversary! (2014)...no sure where yet...I'm totally be up for Disneyland and Universal Studios! lol

Aww that sucks that someone you thought was a good egg turned out to be a bad one!  And the sickest to boot!  And I agree it is your day and shame on whoever tried to tell you otherwise!  I hope you have a faubulous 5 year trip and do it your way!  We went to Vegas for 5 years (also where we went for honeymoon) and did a vow renewal.  It was fun!

Where are the BB spoilers?  More spoliers!

Oh lordy, it was a crazy mess of a wedding lol! I learned one thing the hard way...this is going to sound sooo snobby, but it's the truth. It's YOUR day, don't let anyone tell you what to do or how to do things...they'll have their day and they'll have their time to choose what they want.

Then it turns out the girl who was the sickest of my bridesmaids (and just to note, I had NO idea anyone was sick!) ended up being a backstabbing you know what a few years later!

Gah, crazy!

But yes, hubby and I are going to go somewhere fabulous for our 5th anniversary! (2014)...no sure where yet...I'm totally be up for Disneyland and Universal Studios! lol

I always see tons of color club nail polishes in the little girls section at TJ Maxx. I thought it was a brand geared toward children?
I saw some Color Club sets at my TJ Maxx the other day too! One was in a very childish looking box and was a set of 6 art polishes I think for about $10. The other was just a normal set of a few colors under $10. I don't find Color Club to be fancy and I hated the formula of Wild Cactus!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww that sucks that someone you thought was a good egg turned out to be a bad one!  And the sickest to boot!  And I agree it is your day and shame on whoever tried to tell you otherwise!  I hope you have a faubulous 5 year trip and do it your way!  We went to Vegas for 5 years (also where we went for honeymoon) and did a vow renewal.  It was fun!

Where are the BB spoilers?  More spoliers!
Oooo, that does sound fun! I've never been to Vegas!

Back