Birchbox June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing I'll get the Macadamia mask, a beauty blender & a chuao chocolate pod - since i just ordered full sizes of all three of those with my points :p

In all seriousness, I really want to get the beauty protector spray so hopefully they send that out again this month, I have so much hair stuff from past sub boxes & the allure beauty box that I didn't want to buy it full sized just yet but I really really want to try it out. I'd also love to see a good night face cream, it's one of the few things I haven't gotten a sample of yet in any of my boxes. 

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm guessing I'll get the Macadamia mask, a beauty blender & a chuao chocolate pod - since i just ordered full sizes of all three of those with my points :p

In all seriousness, I really want to get the beauty protector spray so hopefully they send that out again this month, I have so much hair stuff from past sub boxes & the allure beauty box that I didn't want to buy it full sized just yet but I really really want to try it out. I'd also love to see a good night face cream, it's one of the few things I haven't gotten a sample of yet in any of my boxes. 
I tried using chuao pods to round out and order and they were out of stock
icon_sad.gif
 couldn't find any thing else I NEEDED to bring my order up to 25.00 to get my pick two

Cari - I got the BP spray without trying it and it is now a HG hair product for me.  It gets my knots out, helps me when I straighten my hair out, smells good, adds a lil' shine to my hair...it does a lot as you can see.  I say go for it!  A little bit of the stuff really goes a long way.

I'm another Beauty Protector convert! I usually can't use anything in my hair because it's so fine, but this stuff is great!

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm another Beauty Protector convert! I usually can't use anything in my hair because it's so fine, but this stuff is great!
iagree.gif
 I bought it last time it was being given in BBs, after reading all the reviews on here. It does wonders for my hair and the hubby loves the smell.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All this vacation talk (even with illness) has me wanting to be in St. Lucia already! 
We went to St. Lucia and I LOVE LOVE LOVED it.  However (and I am NOT trying to be a Debbie Downer, just want to give you a heads up) - we were robbed by the hotel staff (Sandals Grande St. Lucian) - stuff taken right out of our hotel room, including my video camera with every video of our daughter's first 6 months of life (shotgun wedding, holla).  So please lock your stuff up.  The super shady thing was that it happened when we were out on an all day boat tour of the island.  The hotel has you let them know what trips you sign up for, so our room was conveniently robbed the one day they knew we weren't going to be there all day.  Ugh, it makes me sick just remembering it.  So yeah - BEAUTIFUL island, but keep your valuables safe.  

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We went to St. Lucia and I LOVE LOVE LOVED it.  However (and I am NOT trying to be a Debbie Downer, just want to give you a heads up) - we were robbed by the hotel staff (Sandals Grande St. Lucian) - stuff taken right out of our hotel room, including my video camera with every video of our daughter's first 6 months of life (shotgun wedding, holla).  So please lock your stuff up.  The super shady thing was that it happened when we were out on an all day boat tour of the island.  The hotel has you let them know what trips you sign up for, so our room was conveniently robbed the one day they knew we weren't going to be there all day.  Ugh, it makes me sick just remembering it.  So yeah - BEAUTIFUL island, but keep your valuables safe.  
How awful for you!! We have thought of staying at Sandals before. Thanks so much for the heads up!

Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All this vacation talk (even with illness) has me wanting to be in St. Lucia already! 

Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience at the hotel.

OMG that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear that! That'll definitely put the biggest damper on what's supposed to be a relaxing, enjoyable, amazing trip!

The worst robbery I had (and really it was partially my fault) was on the Carnival Cruise ship. They had a vault in the room and I stored a very nice bracelet (mid-quality diamonds and topaz) and my wallet in there while I would roam the ship. Well, a family member was very sick the last day and we quickly packed and tried to leave the ship as fast as possible. In my rush I forgot to open the vault and retrieve my items, and by the time we realized, two hours had already gone by, so we rushed back and of course, the bracelet was magically missing, but someone (I have no clue how) found my wallet (NOT in the vault) and yes all of my cash was missing too. I didn't have any credit or debit cards with me at the time, thank goodness, but it was a few hundred in cash. Bummer lol...like I said, partially my fault.
doh.gif
Even so, it's just so sad how people can be so thieving and dishonest. Once in starbucks I noticed a lady dropped her credit card when she was rushing out the door to leave, with drink in hand, so I jumped up, picked up the card and ran out the door to give it to her....barely made it in time, she was already driving off, but I yelled out and she heard me. I came back inside and a random dude said: "Whoa, I can't believe you just did that." I said: "Uh. Why not?" "Well, jeez, window of opportunity." It really made me ill to hear that.

What's the world coming to! Crazy! lol

Oh my gosh! I couldn't even imagine being robbed on vacation. I'm sorry that happened to you! What is meant to be a peaceful time should never be turned into a stressful time. The worst robbery in my life, my brother and I were little kids 2 and 7. We went to my grandparents for Christmas Eve with our family, when we got home all of our stuff was gone. I guess the robbers were still grabbing stuff from our backyard/alley area as the cops were taking statements. It was suspected that it was our neighbors from down the block. Who steals two children's Christmas like that?! I cannot believe how ballsy some people are. Seems like our world is just becoming more greed fueled and in turn leads to more robberies.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cari - I got the BP spray without trying it and it is now a HG hair product for me.  It gets my knots out, helps me when I straighten my hair out, smells good, adds a lil' shine to my hair...it does a lot as you can see.  I say go for it!  A little bit of the stuff really goes a long way.
So so tempting. 

It's definitely at the top of my list for my next points shopping spree, but I may just have to get it sooner - especially if they don't send it out again in future boxes. 

Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh gosh that's horrible :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so sorry that happened to you! 

So so tempting. 

It's definitely at the top of my list for my next points shopping spree, but I may just have to get it sooner - especially if they don't send it out again in future boxes. 
I jumped on the band wagon tonight and got the beauty protector without trying it. It seems everyone on here loves it so I'm hoping for good things. I also picked up a pixi shadow stick I'm hoping it is similar to a MAC shade stick. 

So so tempting. 

I hope they do send the BP out in future boxes. I would love to try it just to see what all the hype is about. I would just splurge on the full size but I am hair product heavy right now between the Allure box and using the Big Sexy coupon at Ulta last month from the Ipsy bag.

Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I jumped on the band wagon tonight and got the beauty protector without trying it. It seems everyone on here loves it so I'm hoping for good things. I also picked up a pixi shadow stick I'm hoping it is similar to a MAC shade stick. 
I haven't tried MAC shade stick but I received a Pixi shadow stick in one of my boxes (one the rare makeup products I have received). I really enjoyed it! I love eyeshadow sticks. I use them mostly as an eyeliner.

I'm really hoping there is some of that Suki cleanser.  I'm just about out, but I never, like ever get the samples they talk about in their sneak peek vids.  I guess I'll just buy it with my points.  

Back