Birchbox June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hate Color Club! And every time I get it, I try to put that aside and try it, and every time, I am just as disappointed in it as I was before. The formula just sucks for me, streaky and chips within minutes. I know someone people have luck with wearing it with layers and layers of base and top coats and sealants, but I am not willing to put that much effort into my nails...a couple of layers is all I'm willing to commit to (and the brands I like, Zoya and OPI last for me for a bit without chipping like that).

I would love to get some more Zoya minis but I wish BB would quit with the Color Club...though if they want to send CC, I am a little interested in their holos...

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really hate Color Club! And every time I get it, I try to put that aside and try it, and every time, I am just as disappointed in it as I was before. The formula just sucks for me, streaky and chips within minutes. I know someone people have luck with wearing it with layers and layers of base and top coats and sealants, but I am not willing to put that much effort into my nails...a couple of layers is all I'm willing to commit to (and the brands I like, Zoya and OPI last for me for a bit without chipping like that).

I would love to get some more Zoya minis but I wish BB would quit with the Color Club...though if they want to send CC, I am a little interested in their holos...
THIS
smilehappyyes.gif

The Color Club holos are fantastic! Their overall formulas are hit or miss, but usually I get a few days. . If I'm not at work lol. Can't believe we're already discussing June and spoilers!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dang your family and friends must have been hard core!  They were like "We can't miss the wedding."  Hope you will be able to take a trip in the future someplace fab and not be sick!
Oh lordy, it was a crazy mess of a wedding lol! I learned one thing the hard way...this is going to sound sooo snobby, but it's the truth. It's YOUR day, don't let anyone tell you what to do or how to do things...they'll have their day and they'll have their time to choose what they want.

Then it turns out the girl who was the sickest of my bridesmaids (and just to note, I had NO idea anyone was sick!) ended up being a backstabbing you know what a few years later!

Gah, crazy!

But yes, hubby and I are going to go somewhere fabulous for our 5th anniversary! (2014)...no sure where yet...I'm totally be up for Disneyland and Universal Studios! lol

Sorry to hear that, sometimes you never truly know some people. Hopefully you guys will have an amazing 5th year anniversary trip! We went on a trip for our 5th and are planning to do the same cruise we did on our honeymoon for our 10th.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww that sucks that someone you thought was a good egg turned out to be a bad one!  And the sickest to boot!  And I agree it is your day and shame on whoever tried to tell you otherwise!  I hope you have a faubulous 5 year trip and do it your way!  We went to Vegas for 5 years (also where we went for honeymoon) and did a vow renewal.  It was fun!

Where are the BB spoilers?  More spoliers!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh lordy, it was a crazy mess of a wedding lol! I learned one thing the hard way...this is going to sound sooo snobby, but it's the truth. It's YOUR day, don't let anyone tell you what to do or how to do things...they'll have their day and they'll have their time to choose what they want.

Then it turns out the girl who was the sickest of my bridesmaids (and just to note, I had NO idea anyone was sick!) ended up being a backstabbing you know what a few years later!

Gah, crazy!

But yes, hubby and I are going to go somewhere fabulous for our 5th anniversary! (2014)...no sure where yet...I'm totally be up for Disneyland and Universal Studios! lol
Sounds like you guys had a great time! I want to do a vow renewal for our 10th.

All this vacation talk (even with illness) has me wanting to be in St. Lucia already! 

Just a random aside, I think it's hilarious people are jumping in and saying they want Ruby Wing while hating Color Club because they're by the same company XD

http://www.teenvogue.com/beauty/nails/2012-07/color-club-ruby-wing/?slide=1

Not interested in Ruby Wing (shatter was the last gimmicky trend I liked -- not counting duochrome), and most DEFINITELY not into CC. Would love mini zoyas though ;A;

Ahhh! I have a few Color Clubs on their way to me in a swap. I've never used them, figured I'd give them a shot. Now I'm worried after reading about them on here. I've seen them around at Burlington Coat Factory for $5 (I think) for 4. I had all the holos in my hand the other night but passed. Nail polish is the last thing I need now lol.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhh! I have a few Color Clubs on their way to me in a swap. I've never used them, figured I'd give them a shot. Now I'm worried after reading about them on here.

I've seen them around at Burlington Coat Factory for $5 (I think) for 4. I had all the holos in my hand the other night but passed. Nail polish is the last thing I need now lol.
I'm no scientist so I can't verify it, but it seems like nail polish reacts differently for people depending on either their environment or their body chemistry, or both. And a lot of brands are have hits and misses. I've mostly had great success with Color Club (I get most of them at TJ Maxx for fab prices), but Factory Girl was a nightmare for me. Zoya has always been a hit for me, but my friend says they always apply funny for her.

Color Club foils are great for me. Their creams tend to suck, but I tend to have that problem with *any* cream.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm no scientist so I can't verify it, but it seems like nail polish reacts differently for people depending on either their environment or their body chemistry, or both. And a lot of brands are have hits and misses. I've mostly had great success with Color Club (I get most of them at TJ Maxx for fab prices), but Factory Girl was a nightmare for me. Zoya has always been a hit for me, but my friend says they always apply funny for her.
Oh...I never thought of that. Zoya is always horrible for me! Everyone else likes it though...

Color Club is a great polish for nail art; not just polish itself on nails. Like flowers, line swirling, dots, etc.

I'm in a conundrum here. June will be my 3rd month and when I signed up, I also gifted myself a second sub. I've been happy with my boxes so far, but the sub I gifted myself has gotten much better stuff. I have the profiles set the same. June is my last month for the gift sub so I'm not sure what I should do. Most of my points are under my main sub. Hmm...

I'm in a conundrum here. June will be my 3rd month and when I signed up, I also gifted myself a second sub. I've been happy with my boxes so far, but the sub I gifted myself has gotten much better stuff. I have the profiles set the same. June is my last month for the gift sub so I'm not sure what I should do. Most of my points are under my main sub. Hmm...
Really? Even the same profile set, you get two different boxes? I got the 6 months gift sub from my hubby for Mother's Day gift. I set a different profile using my hubby's birthdate with a different year LOL. I'm supposed to get the welcome box this week. It shipped last week.

Really? Even the same profile set, you get two different boxes? I got the 6 months gift sub from my hubby for Mother's Day gift. I set a different profile using my hubby's birthdate with a different year LOL. I'm supposed to get the welcome box this week. It shipped last week.
Yep! When I set them up I didn't even think of setting them different. The welcome box was probably random, so I guess that doesn't count. May's was definitely different though. I guess 2 boxes isn't that much to go off of though. It's feels like I've gotten way more than that!

Im so sad I won't be getting BB for a while but I HAVE to stalk the threads so I can fantasize about the products I want haha!! (like I did before joining MUT)

Back