Birchbox June 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well darn, I wish I would have signed up when that Kate Spade necklace was offered! Get it girlllllls, buy y'all something fabulous!

Anyway, just checked my second account that I re-activated to use the BBJETBLUE code and it has already shipped and my box page updated! I AM SO EXCITE! This box is epic, suki exfoliating cleanser, harvey prince hello, Egyptian magic, Laqa lip lube (been lusting after this for almost two months now), davines OI, davines love shampoo, davines love conditioner! Is that like the most epic box or what?! Come to meeeee my pretties, I want to hold you and love you and make your wildest dreams come true!
I'm getting this box on the account I resubbed with th BBJETBLUE code too! I'm so excited. I already got the Davines trio and Egyptian Magic on my main account this month, but I love them all and I will use a second of all of them. I have also tried the suki and Hello before, but I loved them both and used both up and am so happy to get them again. The only new product for me is the Laqa lip lube. I really wanted to try it, and it looks like this box gets the coral shade, which is perfect for me. This is one of my favorite boxes ever! Plus, it's seven items, so points.

I just joined the multi-box club  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

I tried a couple of other subscription boxes, and just never felt like I got the value I get from Birchboxes. I've been looking and looking for another one to try, and none of them really appealed to me.  The Birchbox products are just so.....the only word I can think of is usable.  The stuff in other boxes is either too expensive, or things I won't use. And BB's point system is unbeatable.

So the only thing that seemed to make sense was to cancel my other subscription and set up a second BB account with a different profile.  It's funny, I'm as excited about getting a second Birchbox as I was about getting other subscription boxes. 

I'm hopeless..... :lol:

I just joined the multi-box club  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

I tried a couple of other subscription boxes, and just never felt like I got the value I get from Birchboxes. I've been looking and looking for another one to try, and none of them really appealed to me.  The Birchbox products are just so.....the only word I can think of is usable.  The stuff in other boxes is either too expensive, or things I won't use. And BB's point system is unbeatable.

So the only thing that seemed to make sense was to cancel my other subscription and set up a second BB account with a different profile.  It's funny, I'm as excited about getting a second Birchbox as I was about getting other subscription boxes. 

I'm hopeless..... :lol:
ONE OF US! ONE OF US!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've had three boxes for months now. Every month I tell myself I'm going back to two, or maybe one. But then they have these awesome codes & I end up resubscribing on all three lol

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've had three boxes for months now. Every month I tell myself I'm going back to two, or maybe one. But then they have these awesome codes & I end up resubscribing on all three lol
Last weekend (at least I *think* it was last weekend.  It might have been the weekend before), I canceled my second and third subs -- and then literally within minutes of canceling the third one, the latest 100-point code was posted on the forum!  I'm going to just start doing my reviews immediately and canceling those two, and then if a new code comes out, that the universe's way of saying it's okay to resub, and if there's *not* a new code, well, that's the universe's way of telling me to stay away, at least this time around.  I'm practicing restraint with just three boxes, though: At one point, I had *five*.  I just keep canceling and resubbing these two particular subs now (and leave the other two canceled) to make it easier to remember which ones are still active.

(My main sub is annual, so there's no canceling and resubbing there.)

Hey those of you who used the free skull candy ear buds.... when you added the code, did it add it to the discounts/promos part of your order summary?  Or did it just tell you it was applied in the green box along the top? 

I made one order on my kate spade necklace account, and it said it applied, but didn't show up anywhere else... 

I made a second order on my main account for the same ear buds, and it added it to my order summary part saying it was included. 

So now I don't know if the first order will have them or not?  I did Facebook them about it, but I thought I'd ask how it looked here too since a few of you used that promo.  

Some of the promos don't show in the summary but I've never had one not show, then do show on another account. :-\  

Hey those of you who used the free skull candy ear buds.... when you added the code, did it add it to the discounts/promos part of your order summary?  Or did it just tell you it was applied in the green box along the top? 

I made one order on my kate spade necklace account, and it said it applied, but didn't show up anywhere else... 

I made a second order on my main account for the same ear buds, and it added it to my order summary part saying it was included. 

So now I don't know if the first order will have them or not?  I did Facebook them about it, but I thought I'd ask how it looked here too since a few of you used that promo.  

Some of the promos don't show in the summary but I've never had one not show, then do show on another account. :-\  
On mine, it showed it in the discounts along with the free pick two and free shipping.

I decided to go with the headphones promo instead of using my 25% coupon code. I can always use headphones, and these look like they will be quite nice!

I try to limit myself to two boxes, but that code is so making me want a 3rd!  I keep telling myself that I need to cancel my Ipsy account, but until they put up a good points perk that I can cash in to cancel, I feel like I can't walk away.  So for now it's:

1 Ipsy

Main BB account (I only cancel/resub right away if a good points/product perk is released)

2nd BB account (always cancel each month after receiving, I can resub for the following month if a 100-point code is released)

Last year when they weren't doing all the perks, I stuck to one box and it took me about 7-8 months to save 600 points.

This year, with 2 boxes, a bunch of points perks, and several non-account-specific 20% off codes, I've already placed various orders for over $100, and have probably paid under $10 out of pocket.  Which is why I feel like I'll eventually have 3 Birchboxes!  It's the lure of the BB shop!

Addons for July - the BP dry shampoo looks interesting

ETA: I had those headphones about a year ago, got them so I could use the mic with my phone but it wasn't compatible.  And I found them to be uncomfortable.  The cord doesn't get tangled though, due to the design (flat vs. round) and they are a cute color. 

ETA 2: but I find all in-ear headphones to be uncomfortable  :p

july bb addon.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Those add-ons don't look that great to me, personally. You only save 4 on the one that I would get, the BP dry shampoo, which is a little less than if I bought it with a 20% off code.

And I've looked into that battery before, it has horrible reviews. If you want a really good external battery, go to amazon and look up Anker external batteries. I got a really great one for $45, and it lasts for 5-6 full phone charges instead of this one which I think was only 1 1/2 to 2 charges.

Yeah those add ons don't look to great to me either!  I recently got my first full size order from Birchbox!  I love all the tricks I'm learning from you ladies about points and such!  I still only have on subscription, I think my hubby would look at me strange if I had 2!

I have a question for those of you with more than one sub. Can you refer an account that already has an account but has just cancelled? Does that make sense? Lol like say I have 2 accounts with 2 different emails of course. Can I cancel one and send a referral link to that email address and get 50 points for subscribing with it again? Thanks and sorry if I'm not making any sense! Lol

Need opinions? Is it time to email birchbox? For my june box on one of my boxes, it still says "a box has been prepared for you" and is in Mount Juliet Tennasee. Has been like this since the 10th.

Would really really annoy me if it turns out theres a massive problem because my other sub I just had a massive fiasco with that one where it never updated and had to email twice to get a resolution. 

Need opinions? Is it time to email birchbox? For my june box on one of my boxes, it still says "a box has been prepared for you" and is in Mount Juliet Tennasee. Has been like this since the 10th.

Would really really annoy me if it turns out theres a massive problem because my other sub I just had a massive fiasco with that one where it never updated and had to email twice to get a resolution. 
Thirteen days with no change? It's past time to email Birchbox. 

I have a question for those of you with more than one sub. Can you refer an account that already has an account but has just cancelled? Does that make sense? Lol like say I have 2 accounts with 2 different emails of course. Can I cancel one and send a referral link to that email address and get 50 points for subscribing with it again? Thanks and sorry if I'm not making any sense! Lol
you can only refer completely new accounts, so you would need a a brand new email address. hope that helps!

Back