Birchbox June 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the $20 off code (would have preferred the necklace, but hey, I'm still getting jewelry!), and had $10 in points from the BB/Jetblue code, so... this happened. I've been wanting to start collecting the Alhambra vessels for awhile.  And at this point, I'm pretty insanely addicted to the Pick Twos.  So for $2?  Hellz yes.

Item Sku Qty Subtotal Skinny Black Diamond Swarovski Teardrop Stackable Ring Size Size 7 R48(G)C - BlkDiam - 7 1 $18.00 Rosanna Alhambra Medium Vessel 94903 1 $22.00 Mystery Sample Pack (free with $35+ order) 5823 1 $10.00 Subtotal $50.00 Shipping & Handling $0.00 Discount (VIP Free Shipping, 20% Off $35+ Product Orders, LETSGO20, Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase) -$18.00 100 reward points -$10.00 Gift Card (redacted) -$20.00 Grand Total $2.00
Ooooo, those vessels are really pretty! 

@ oh snap, that ring IS quite pretty!! May have just added it to my cart!!

*Edit, gahh, can't decide!! I really like the baguette ones too!! Also, a little worried about biggest size being 7!

DOUBLE EDIT - zomg, this Kitsch Chevron Bun Pin is so so cute

Last edited by a moderator:
@ oh snap, that ring IS quite pretty!! May have just added it to my cart!!

*Edit, gahh, can't decide!! I really like the baguette ones too!! Also, a little worried about biggest size being 7!

DOUBLE EDIT - zomg, this Kitsch Chevron Bun Pin is so so cute
I was this close to buying the bun pin, but I googled imaged it and it looked huge- like could be a crown huge. So probably not appropriate for my uber conservative office :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@LuckyMoon I will!  I looked at all the other Swarovski ones and there was just something about that combo of gold and smokey topaz that just made me think I'll be wearing it every day this fall!

ETA: Dang it, there's matching earrings.  I NEED THEM. I must complete the set, I gotta catch 'em all!

skinnystyle_teardropring-blackdiamond_900x900.jpg
skinnystyle_swarovski_roundearrings_blackdiamond_900x900.jpg
Man, that lavender makes me wish I wore jewelry!

(I may or may not have hundreds of dollars worth of Swarovski beads from years back when I made and wore jewelry.  Awwk!  Shiny!)

So I cancelled my second account because of necklace cancellation grudge but the jetblue code suckered me into resubscribing (I had 190 points; no way would I let 90 points go to waste).  I figured I'd get one of the 2 boxes with laqa that most of the other late subscribers are getting.  But I checked the app and I'm getting a completely different box.  Sad because it's not a 7 item box but good because decent sizes of stuff I wanted to try.

I'm getting box 2 https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/june-2014/june-2014-bb2 with:

-Evologie cleanser

-Cynthia Rowley lip stain

-Paula's Choice moisturizer with retinol

-Dr. Hauschka body wash

-Catherine Malandrino perfume

The skincare really fits my concerns with nice sizes going off the pic and the lip stain will be fun.  The body wash is a dupe with my main account and perfume is perfume but it's prob one of the best second boxes I could have gotten considering how nice my main box was.

Plus 160 points for 10$!  I am ready for the next LE box.

I felt the same way, but 20% off $60 is $12 and I think the headphones are worth at least that, if not more.. skullcandy headphones usually retail for around $20, and these have a mic as well, so i'd say they're probably worth $30. the box says the mic is only compatible with certain apple products, but it works great with my samsung note 3! 
Ooh I didn't realize it has a mic! That's a definite plus. I wonder if it'd work with my Galaxy S4.

So jealous of all these awesome June boxes I see other people getting. There were soooo many different things I wanted to try this month and instead I got 3 dupes of the ultimate punishment box: GIlchrist & Soames, Coola, perfume, shampoo/conditioner, with the only new and exciting thing being Vasanti Brighten Up.

Don't you get it, Birchbox? You sent me an awesome first box and I threw money at you buying full sizes of almost everything in it. You send me a bunch crap I don't want, I don't buy full sizes and I keep my money and just try desperately to swap to sample the stuff I'm actually interested in. Plus send me three of something and no matter how awesome it is, I don't need to buy more any time soon. /bitter rant

The skull candy promo code is a great one, my husband highjacked them and my phone I was listening to music on 30 minutes after I got them. We were quite impressed. His reaction is that if $50 earbuds are that good than he needs a pair of Bose earbuds sometime in the near future. Men!
Ugh, I want to use that promo the flower ones are seriously calling to me, but I seriously do not need anymore headphones. -____-

I literally have a pair of the new pink beats coming to me for my trip because my logic was "this pair is too big and won't travel well, and this pair is too small and earbuds hurt after a while":/ 

Okay, maybe everyone already knew this and I'm the last one to the party, but you don't even need to spend $60 to get the earbuds. The subtotal just has to be $60 so if you're spending $50 and getting a mystery pack, it works! Yay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This is exactly what I did when I first ordered :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> definitely makes it worth skipping the 20% off code. Actually, I think it was my first and only order using a code for a gwp instead of a percentage off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the $20 off code (would have preferred the necklace, but hey, I'm still getting jewelry!), and had $10 in points from the BB/Jetblue code, so... this happened. I've been wanting to start collecting the Alhambra vessels for awhile.  And at this point, I'm pretty insanely addicted to the Pick Twos.  So for $2?  Hellz yes.

Item Sku Qty Subtotal Skinny Black Diamond Swarovski Teardrop Stackable Ring Size Size 7 R48(G)C - BlkDiam - 7 1 $18.00 Rosanna Alhambra Medium Vessel 94903 1 $22.00 Mystery Sample Pack (free with $35+ order) 5823 1 $10.00 Subtotal $50.00 Shipping & Handling $0.00 Discount (VIP Free Shipping, 20% Off $35+ Product Orders, LETSGO20, Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase) -$18.00 100 reward points -$10.00 Gift Card (redacted) -$20.00 Grand Total $2.00
Ahhhh you just enabled me without knowing it! I have been wanting to try the Stila Stay All Day liner for quite awhile now and Birchbox happens to have the grey color that I'm most interested in. I have an anniversary code this month but I didn't really want anything else, and what good is Stila when I can't get a mystery sample pack.

BUT the ring, the pick two, and the eyeliner total $30.02 and I happened to have $30.01 in store credit. Destiny! I did end up going with the white opal though, mostly because I liked the idea of it being iridescent I guess. I considered the other one but I have a similarly colored ring that went missing recently and my heart is set on retrieving it.

This is exactly what I did when I first ordered :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> definitely makes it worth skipping the 20% off code. Actually, I think it was my first and only order using a code for a gwp instead of a percentage off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I did one before, for that iPhone case. I think that one ou had to be 35 though. Other than that, I refuse to buy an order without a 20% off code. And kind of off topic but not really, those spend 35, get 35 points code is crap.

So jealous of all these awesome June boxes I see other people getting. There were soooo many different things I wanted to try this month and instead I got 3 dupes of the ultimate punishment box: GIlchrist & Soames, Coola, perfume, shampoo/conditioner, with the only new and exciting thing being Vasanti Brighten Up.

Don't you get it, Birchbox? You sent me an awesome first box and I threw money at you buying full sizes of almost everything in it. You send me a bunch crap I don't want, I don't buy full sizes and I keep my money and just try desperately to swap to sample the stuff I'm actually interested in. Plus send me three of something and no matter how awesome it is, I don't need to buy more any time soon. /bitter rant
Did you unsub/resub with the same promo code on the three accounts?  I've noticed that people who use a particular promo code in a particular month tend to get the same box.  Three unsub/resubs + the same promo code on each = three of the same box.  And I think the box contents of the boxes from the promo codes are sadder than non-promo code boxes, so I'll only use the promo code if it's a good enough promo code that I won't care if I get a box of liquid liner and sunblock, like 100 points since 100 points for the promo + 10 points for the resub + 50 points for review = $16 (yes, I know I'll have to find another 40 points somewhere, but I usually have points left over from the last time I did this waiting for me to get enough to flip to a GC, so sometimes one month of unsub/resub ends up putting me over the edge for $20).

Did you unsub/resub with the same promo code on the three accounts?  I've noticed that people who use a particular promo code in a particular month tend to get the same box.  Three unsub/resubs + the same promo code on each = three of the same box.  And I think the box contents of the boxes from the promo codes are sadder than non-promo code boxes, so I'll only use the promo code if it's a good enough promo code that I won't care if I get a box of liquid liner and sunblock, like 100 points since 100 points for the promo + 10 points for the resub + 50 points for review = $16 (yes, I know I'll have to find another 40 points somewhere, but I usually have points left over from the last time I did this waiting for me to get enough to flip to a GC, so sometimes one month of unsub/resub ends up putting me over the edge for $20).
I didn't know that! Out of the dupes, one was my main account which I didn't use any codes for last month, one was a gift sub, and one I used a code on. Then I also used a 100 point code on my fourth account which was the slightly better non-dupe.

Has anybody seen any pictures or swatches of the Laqa lip lube in "the boss lady" (the nude color)? I love the formulation of my sample, but I can't rock the bright purple color.

Well darn, I wish I would have signed up when that Kate Spade necklace was offered! Get it girlllllls, buy y'all something fabulous!

Anyway, just checked my second account that I re-activated to use the BBJETBLUE code and it has already shipped and my box page updated! I AM SO EXCITE! This box is epic, suki exfoliating cleanser, harvey prince hello, Egyptian magic, Laqa lip lube (been lusting after this for almost two months now), davines OI, davines love shampoo, davines love conditioner! Is that like the most epic box or what?! Come to meeeee my pretties, I want to hold you and love you and make your wildest dreams come true!

Well darn, I wish I would have signed up when that Kate Spade necklace was offered! Get it girlllllls, buy y'all something fabulous!

Anyway, just checked my second account that I re-activated to use the BBJETBLUE code and it has already shipped and my box page updated! I AM SO EXCITE! This box is epic, suki exfoliating cleanser, harvey prince hello, Egyptian magic, Laqa lip lube (been lusting after this for almost two months now), davines OI, davines love shampoo, davines love conditioner! Is that like the most epic box or what?! Come to meeeee my pretties, I want to hold you and love you and make your wildest dreams come true!
I'm getting this same box except the Folle de Joie perfume instead of Harvey Prince! I'm so excited, my best box yet and with the BBJETBLUE resub code also. Psyched!!

Yup this was my first June box as well, total disappointment except the Vasanti. My box I'm getting with the resub code is waaaay better. Sorry you got screwed three times, ouch!

Back