Birchbox June 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the shawl because of that ultraviolet protection factor.
Yes! I always layer up to protect my skin from the sun during the summer, but most of the cardigans I own are way too hot for that. This would be perfect but I really cannot spend the money right now. UGH.

Yes! I always layer up to protect my skin from the sun during the summer, but most of the cardigans I own are way too hot for that. This would be perfect but I really cannot spend the money right now. UGH.
I wish the price was lower. I guess I will have to keep using my umbrella to help protect me. Have you ever tried the UV arm sleeves?

On the emergency kit page, it says "the necklace will be added to your order" lol

I think I'd rather not spend my money and see if it pops up as a freebie at some point.
hahaha

I did add the shawl because, as I get older, I am more worried about sun exposure.  I didn't have the benefit of all of the 'net (to educate me on sun damage and exposure) when I was in my 20's, so I pretty much hosed my skin then - it is starting to show as dark spots, not wrinkles, thankfully.  I wasn't even a sun worshiper, just was outside a lot, roller blading, biking, sailing...LA sun and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the price was lower. I guess I will have to keep using my umbrella to help protect me. Have you ever tried the UV arm sleeves?
Nope, never tried UV sleeves, which is why I was intrigued but apprehensive to pay $30. Maybe if I knew they worked well, I'd be willing to shell out the money.

I really want that shawl! But the price tag and birchbox warehouse issues are making me stay far away from the reserve button this time...

Wow, this add-on stuff is way more expensive than I thought it'd be! I think I'll pass for now. The shawl is cute, but I don't know if I'd pay $30 for it, especially from Birchbox with their shipping issues.

Thanks for the info, those don't really seem like good deals at all.

I would totally jump on the shawl at $20 (if they weren't having all of these issues already), but $30 is just too much.

eta: the shawls are normally $45 on the brand's website, but still.
No problem!!

hahaha

I did add the shawl because, as I get older, I am more worried about sun exposure.  I didn't have the benefit of all of the 'net (to educate me on sun damage and exposure) when I was in my 20's, so I pretty much hosed my skin then - it is starting to show as dark spots, not wrinkles, thankfully.  I wasn't even a sun worshiper, just was outside a lot, roller blading, biking, sailing...LA sun and all.
I didn't even think about the sun exposure. The UPF is pretty cool though!

Wow, this add-on stuff is way more expensive than I thought it'd be! I think I'll pass for now. The shawl is cute, but I don't know if I'd pay $30 for it, especially from Birchbox with their shipping issues.
I would gladly take all of those things, but I wouldn't pay that much for any of them.

This is going to sound way out there, but I've been more interested in birchbox's lifestyle type items more so than their beauty selections lately, to me, their curation has gotten flat, boring, and predictable. I would love to see them do a lifestyle type box, like popsugar style. I'd love a box with the whish, the shawl, and some deluxe samples (and/or that Ruffian summer polish).

Last edited by a moderator:
Agh! I love that shawl! I just discovered Uniqlo clothing which has UV protection built in. It's FABULOUS! I've loved everything I've bought so far.

Those minimergency kits are wonderful.  I was amazed at how much stuff they can stick in one little kit.  They are only $16 on the website though so if they are charging $20 as an add on it would be better to just order it separately.

Those minimergency kits are wonderful.  I was amazed at how much stuff they can stick in one little kit.  They are only $16 on the website though so if they are charging $20 as an add on it would be better to just order it separately.
the 20.00 had 5 more items and the bag is slightly bigger...

The thing I don't understand about the add-on items is, why are they not discounted more? Julep allows add-ons and the products are always discounted.

Here's a pretty similar emergency kit, although this one is $16 and says it has 17 items while the BB one has 22.

http://shop.pinchprovisions.com/chameleon-minimergency-kit-p76.aspx

The emergency kit will be an extra $20 and the shawl and Whish will each be $30.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/birchbox-plus

I kind of want the emergency kit but $20 and warehouse issues make it seem not very worth it.
I feel like the prices are just WAY too high. The shawl and the emergency kit would be tempting at a lower price. I've found that to be this case with most of the Birchbox plus offerings. Here's hoping @ is right and they give these with a code in a few weeks - I think I would open a second account for that shawl.... Too bad I would want it now before I go on vacation though... After my vacation I don't know if I will have much use for it for a while...

...I do wish I had received the email about the birchbox plus add on for the Gorjana studs though.... That's when they were only sending to select members.... I would have actually added those. I have them in gold and they are pretty much my go-to everyday studs. I could use them in silver, or even a back up pair.

I'm interested in trying the Whish but I'm done with birchbox plus. Hopefully they sample it soon.

The thing I don't understand about the add-on items is, why are they not discounted more? Julep allows add-ons and the products are always discounted.
the kit & whish aren't discounted more - that I do not understand one bit

the shawl is discounted by 15.00, so that isn't bad.  But nothing beats the Kate Spade necklace from last month (which I am STILL waiting on) - that was 25.00 off.

Latest posts

Back