Birchbox June 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@KayEss I'll give you a hint on the other word that has a filter:  It's a verb and a noun, and it's typically used in gendered or emasculating situations.
Those are the only two? I am curious to see what it changes to but if I'm wrong then it might be a little offensive.

I'm down to 3 subs for June. Two of mine are gift subs and good through November so those will be around for awhile. I cancelled my 3rd account after cashing out points tonight, but for now am keeping my 4th account open. I've really liked the boxes I've gotten on it so I may actually keep it going for another couple of months to see how that goes. Eventually I need to go back to one, maybe two boxes. Emphasis on eventually ;-) 

Used the Number 4 Shampoo & Conditioner from my box tonight and I am in love. My hair hasn't felt this awesome in years! 

Went to look at the full size on the website though and YIKES it's expensive :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Guess this will be something I need to save up points for! 
They're available for a little bit cheaper on Amazon, depending on the specific scent.

Used the Number 4 Shampoo & Conditioner from my box tonight and I am in love. My hair hasn't felt this awesome in years! 

Went to look at the full size on the website though and YIKES it's expensive :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Guess this will be something I need to save up points for! 
Yeah, I tried it because of the rave reviews here and this is like the only time I've seen a shampoo and conditioner make a difference in my hair.  But 34$ each!!!!  Def need some points + code for this.

I had to try the Number 4 shampoo & conditioner last night and it's definitely awesome! I just bought a whole bunch of new shampoo and conditioner since I had my hair colored, but I'm definitely going to add it to my "must buy when I run out of shampoo" list for sure. I NEVER get this much body in my hair without a ton of product and blow drying. All I did was use the shampoo & conditioner and throw it up in a bun like I usually do and woke up with beautiful volume and super soft hair. LOVE. 

Oh my gosh...so I mentioned yesterday one of my Birchbox packages was delayed by a train derailment. I ordered a Clarisonic, some shave cream, and a pick two on the 11th. I emailed them several days later to ask for an update. I told them that I hadn't received any shipment notifications and asked if my shipping was delayed. I asked them if an item was backordered and if that was the hold up.

Gina replied and told me that my package had indeed shipped and gave me a tracking number. This is the tracking number with the train thing. So then I get a shipping confirmation today (a full 13 days after I ordered) and it only lists the shave cream and pick two. What the heck?!

I am annoyed that:

a. My Clarisonic still hasn't shipped.

b. No one managed to tell me that it hadn't shipped (or why or when I could expect it), even when I specifically emailed in and asked if anything was backordered.

c. The Clarisonic is in stock and has been the whole time (as far as I know)

d. That the other two items are taking so long.

Gr. Birchbox, I love you, but please don't make this a regular thing.

Birchbox Plus June 2014 - Starting tomorrow you'll get to choose one or all three of these travel-themed items to ship with your June Birchbox: 1) Pinch Provisions Skinny Minimergency Kit; 2) Mott 50 UPF 50 Shawl; and 3) Whish Coconut Milk CC Body Cream.
10301178_10152233469916647_8889815276274528002_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are all good items but not sure I'd pay extra for them. I guess it depends how much they charge (especially curious about the price for all 3!).

It would be nice if they let you use points for these add-ons.

After last month I would absolutely not do BB Plus anytime in the near future.  
I don't understand why they keep overdoing themselves. They need to get one thing right before they try to expand and do it bigger. I don't understand what is going through the mind of whoever is running the show.

I have to admit that the little case for the emergency kit gives me the AWWK! SHINY!  But I *just* want the case.  I have a couple of those kits from PopSugar already.  And do I want it enough to deal with the warehouse?  Hell, no.

I've been looking at that emergency kit for a while now.  The shawl is nice as well.  But I still haven't gotten my kate spade necklace yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Why oh why are they doing this??

and considering that the green version of the mini emergency kit is sold out...huh.  ah, I see that they released a bit-bigger-than-previous mini one.

Here's a pretty similar emergency kit, although this one is $16 and says it has 17 items while the BB one has 22.

http://shop.pinchprovisions.com/chameleon-minimergency-kit-p76.aspx

The emergency kit will be an extra $20 and the shawl and Whish will each be $30.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/birchbox-plus

I kind of want the emergency kit but $20 and warehouse issues make it seem not very worth it.
 yeah, and you are only saving $4.00, which at least with the Spade necklace, it was a savings of 25.00

I like the shawl but they have a mistake on their page

Welcome to Birchbox Plus, a new (and fun!) way to add on-trend items to your monthly delivery. For just $20, you can add this survival kit to your June shipment. Reserve yours now.

yeah, and you are only saving $4.00, which at least with the Spade necklace, it was a savings of 25.00

I like the shawl but they have a mistake on their page

Welcome to Birchbox Plus, a new (and fun!) way to add on-trend items to your monthly delivery. For just $20, you can add this survival kit to your June shipment. Reserve yours now.
On the emergency kit page, it says "the necklace will be added to your order" lol

I think I'd rather not spend my money and see if it pops up as a freebie at some point.

Here's a pretty similar emergency kit, although this one is $16 and says it has 17 items while the BB one has 22.

http://shop.pinchprovisions.com/chameleon-minimergency-kit-p76.aspx

The emergency kit will be an extra $20 and the shawl and Whish will each be $30.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/birchbox-plus

I kind of want the emergency kit but $20 and warehouse issues make it seem not very worth it.
Thanks for the info, those don't really seem like good deals at all.

I would totally jump on the shawl at $20 (if they weren't having all of these issues already), but $30 is just too much.

eta: the shawls are normally $45 on the brand's website, but still.

Latest posts

Back