Birchbox June 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not surprised honestly. Orders taking weeks to ship, messed up tracking numbers, some boxes not updating/shipping until after the tenth, and then to see some people getting a present for being ACES on top of it.

I like to think that they're just sending them out in waves, but I kind of hope it isn't a different item completely, mostly because nothing alienates people more than giving someone something different than what you got.
Very true. I didn't think of it that way. I know I'd be ticked if I got a pouch and others got something better.

Also, when I was reading up on the program I saw that they'll give a gift for your aces anniversary.. That's a while away but I'm excited to see what that might be!

I'm not surprised honestly. Orders taking weeks to ship, messed up tracking numbers, some boxes not updating/shipping until after the tenth, and then to see some people getting a present for being ACES on top of it.

I like to think that they're just sending them out in waves, but I kind of hope it isn't a different item completely, mostly because nothing alienates people more than giving someone something different than what you got. 
Based on the reply I received from Birchbox (on Facebook) when I posted about getting the bag it sounds exactly like they are sending them out in batches and that all Aces will receive one. I don't understand why people automatically assume that if they didn't receive one yet that means they are not getting one at all?

Based on the reply I received from Birchbox (on Facebook) when I posted about getting the bag it sounds exactly like they are sending them out in batches and that all Aces will receive one. I don't understand why people automatically assume that if they didn't receive one yet that means they are not getting one at all?
They have said to customers: "Please know that we plan on sending our gifts of gratitude will go out on rolling basis to remaining ACES members. We think half of the fun is not knowing when or what you will receive. Sounds like your monthly box doesn’t it?"

The coyness could mean any number of things, which is why I said I like to think that everyone is getting the same item, just in waves.

They have said to customers: "Please know that we plan on sending our gifts of gratitude will go out on rolling basis to remaining ACES members. We think half of the fun is not knowing when or what you will receive. Sounds like your monthly box doesn’t it?"

The coyness could mean any number of things, which is why I said I like to think that everyone is getting the same item, just in waves.
Oh I wouldn't mind something other than the pouch, I don't even know what I would use it for. Except probably give it to my mom for her coupons. Then again anything else that I can think of that would be something similar I wouldn't want either. I do appreciate the gesture though, this ACES program is shaping up nicely even despite the warehouse issues. I'm in no rush to receive my stuff and if I get a bunch of sorry points out of it, I think I'd rather have that than my orders and boxes be "on time". 

Ooh, I love this new feature on the Birchbox site: you can see your points without having to log in again. 

Argh, can't post pics. Anyway, if you haven't logged out of the site, it's on top of the menu that pops up on the upper right when you hover over your name.

Ooh, I love this new feature on the Birchbox site: you can see your points without having to log in again.

Argh, can't post pics. Anyway, if you haven't logged out of the site, it's on top of the menu that pops up on the upper right when you hover over your name.
I agree I think it saves so much time!!

I'm wondering if this is going to make it harder or easier for me to hoard my points. I just reached 501 thanks to two 7 item boxes in a row and seeing them sitting there is making it mighty tempting to spend them! lol

Now to just receive my two May boxes, so I can pause my second account before getting charged for June! 
You might already know this, but you can review things before you get your box - you can pick the "have not tried this sample" option, tell it you haven't purchased, etc., without actually filling out the review section, and you still get the 10 points. And then you can cancel an account even when the box hasn't arrived, with no problems reviewing items or anything.

Of course, a better solution would be if they had shipped the boxes in a timely manner!

Hi Everyone ...I m new to birchbox...would love to sign up. I hoping there are some promo codes ...anyone could help me ?

Also what is this aces program ??

Thanks

Ketaki

I got this email - $5 for May box if anyone is interested!!

Looking to add a breath of fresh air (or a gust of it) to your look? There's never been a better time to rejoin Birchbox. Our "Freewheeling"-themed May box is packed with samples to shake up your beauty routine, and leave you feeling footloose and fancy-free. We're bringing that carefree, weekend-all-week approach to our (and your) wardrobe too, with an exclusive Kate Spade Saturday offer in our May box. Plus, for a limited time, get your next box for only $5 (that's half the usual price!) when you purchase a women's monthly subscription. Use code SUMMERSUB at checkout. But hurry—you only have

until 5/26!

Looking to add a breath of fresh air (or a gust of it) to your look? There's never been a better time to rejoin Birchbox. Our "Freewheeling"-themed May box is packed with samples to shake up your beauty routine, and leave you feeling footloose and fancy-free. We're bringing that carefree, weekend-all-week approach to our (and your) wardrobe too, with an exclusive Kate Spade Saturday offer in our May box. Plus, for a limited time, get your next box for only $5 (that's half the usual price!) when you purchase a women's monthly subscription. Use code SUMMERSUB at checkout. But hurry—you only have

until 5/26!
Tempting but I'd rather have a points code. I cancelled my other two accounts waiting for one. Come on Birchbox give us all the points.

until 5/26!
Thanks! I'm on monthly and I was on the fence about staying another month to see if those Ruffians pop up for June.  Might as well stay for $5 and then I'll have another $10 in points.  It let me cancel and then go right back in and sign back up with the code.

I was also worried about cancelling while the Aces gifts are going out.  Not sure if Aces members who aren't current subscribers will get anything, but I really like the pouch!

Last edited by a moderator:
My box was really good for May, so I hope the trend continues for June

I was also worried about cancelling while the Aces gifts are going out.  Not sure if Aces members who aren't current subscribers will get anything, but I really like the pouch!
I doubt that matters - you can technically become an Ace without ever subscribing, if you purchase $500 worth of items in the BB shop...I doubt anyone does that, but the Aces program is not tied to being a BB subscriber, just to accumulating 500 points in whatever way.

Hi Everyone ...I m new to birchbox...would love to sign up. I hoping there are some promo codes ...anyone could help me ?

Also what is this aces program ??

Thanks

Ketaki
@@Shauna999 posted a promo code to get a $5 first box.  Usually there are 100 point codes floating around too.  I only get one box, so I don't pay attention to them that much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

If you have any friends who get a Birchbox you can ask them for their referral code.  To be honest, I don't think it gets you anything, but it gets them 50 points, so pick your favorite person!

Aces is a new program that Birchbox launched recently.  If you get 500 points in a calendar year (which is fairly easy to do) you qualify.  It's essentially a VIP program that gives you some perks and apparently they'll send you little bonuses through the year. 

Hope that helps!!

Back