Birchbox Limited Edition: Precious Metals (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys talked me into it and I got it. I didn't realize that there was a code out there to take off 20% off so I used that and I had 60 dollars of birchbox points saved up. It was only $36.00 after that. Woohoo I joined the fun. Remembered to add the pick two.

Looking forward to the necklace and the palette!

I totally LOVE this box.  I feel like everything is tailor-made for me - but I may gift the necklace to my daughter - only to be shared back! Rose tea is my favorite - though I usually drink Tazo Rest.  And the makeup bag - how pretty is the soft gold leather? I never would have purchased earbuds that expensive - but will enjoy.  I got my box with the 20% code and 200 points plus the mystery pack for free -- for $76.  I don't think Popsugar will be able to top this for me this season!

Quote: Originally Posted by xciaobellax /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking about getting it. With the mobile20 code and my $40 in points it will only be $56. Plus a mystery pack.... It's pretty tempting.

^^ This is basically where I was ($30 in points, so $66 plus mystery pack).  Totally ordered it. Totally worth it.

Mine came in on Saturday.  I love it.  I should post pictures, but I suck.  

The headphones are gorgeous.  They are why I ordered, because I couldn't justify them normally, and I love them.  

The CR palette is perfect for green-eyed people, and the shadows are all really soft. Big fan.

I don't *really* need eyelash curlers since we got some in GB a month or two ago, but these are cuter.  

The necklace is prettier than I expected.  

The nailpolish I like more in person than I did in my google image search, so that's nice too!

The makeup bag is really nice.

I'm not a huge rose fan generally, so I may gift the tea.  

This box is SO incredible. The actual box itself is lovely and luxe and will be great storing something around my apartment.  The FF makeup bag is truly beautiful and high quality, and the cynthia rowley palette is beyond anything I could imagine. I thought I'd  be getting rid of it, but no way!! The colors are gorgeous and the palette itself is really pretty.  I think it's a great travel palette, especially for the upcoming holidays.  The lightest gold color would make a great highlighter, and the brown a great liner shadow. You're kid of covered.  Also surprising was the nail polish. I thought it was just silver glitter... but it's so much more complex than that. Gold and silver and so much more. 

I'm still going to sell the headphones -- I just can't justify them because I WILL lose them.  However, they are GORGEOUS. Basically jewelry that plays music.

i bought this makeup bag last week: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ted-baker-london-metallic-bow-large-cosmetics-case/3583902?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=255&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-undefined_1_B

i plan on returning it now:) this was my first purchase from birchbox--i actually have no idea what "mystery packs" are. i was in the market for headphones since my husband stole my beats. i will use everything except the tea and possibly the necklace.  i really think my popsugar hoilday box won't be able to compete with this box or the NM popsugar box. we'll see i guess! the makeup bag and headphones make this box totally wrth it for me. i'll have to pay attention to these birchbox LE boxes.

the rave reviews have me even more excited! the items in this box seemed really luxe and everything in it is things i need or would use, so i'm definitely going to ask for it for christmas. though i'm kinda mad because stupid me got my phone wet yesterday and now my headphone jack is broken, so no listening to music via headphones any time soon. thankfully i have insurance but i won't be able to do anything about it until after christmas when i actually have extra money.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  the rave reviews have me even more excited! the items in this box seemed really luxe and everything in it is things i need or would use, so i'm definitely going to ask for it for christmas. though i'm kinda mad because stupid me got my phone wet yesterday and now my headphone jack is broken, so no listening to music via headphones any time soon. thankfully i have insurance but i won't be able to do anything about it until after christmas when i actually have extra money.
Put your phone in uncooked rice atleast overnight!!  Works like a charm!

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Put your phone in uncooked rice atleast overnight!!  Works like a charm!
Unfortunately I think it might be too late since it happened yesterday morning and the damage has been done. My fiance didn't seem too optimistic about it being fixable aside from filing a claim, and he's does tech support for our carrier. I guess I'll just chalk it up as a lesson learned. I've had smartphones for years and this is the first time I've had insurance, and the first I've actually damaged a phone. I guess I could be worse off, overall.

I'm trying to rationalize this box with the 20% off code but it's still not jiving for me. Do I want it? YES! Is it worth $96 to me? Hmmm....

If only I had a point stash to make it a no brainer ... 

I got my box today and love it - except that I'm missing the necklace so I'm going to have to contact them about that. But I'm excited for the headphones - the group of guys that started Frends is a group of snowboarders I like, so it's cool to finally try their new headphones.

Quote: Originally Posted by LucysKeeper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

as a huge cat lover (in case you cant tell from my photo) I have to vote for cat tree
smile.gif

This choice went over quite well around here
biggrin.gif

Still REALLY wanting that necklace though.  And the eyeshadow.  And the lash curler.  And the tea....  I feel like they really did an amazing job putting this collection together.  I may try to hoard points this year so I am ready if they do something similar again.

Quote: Originally Posted by buhdderkupp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box today and love it - except that I'm missing the necklace so I'm going to have to contact them about that. But I'm excited for the headphones - the group of guys that started Frends is a group of snowboarders I like, so it's cool to finally try their new headphones.
Oh no, I hope they are able to replace it quickly! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Still REALLY wanting that necklace though.  And the eyeshadow.  And the lash curler.  And the tea....  I feel like they really did an amazing job putting this collection together.  I may try to hoard points this year so I am ready if they do something similar again.

Awww ... that was a good choice!! I love the kitty pictures. 
cat.gif

I hear you on wishing I'd been hoarding points. I wanted the necklace, lash curler, tea, and cosmetics bag. The earphones look beautiful but I really like the newer Apple earpods and I have two pairs of those already. Hmmm ....

this would of been awesome with that 50off code they had going, too bad didn't work!  Very Tempting and not enough points!!!
blink.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LucysKeeper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

as a huge cat lover (in case you cant tell from my photo) I have to vote for cat tree
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

So cute!

Oh no, I hope they are able to replace it quickly! 
I just got an email that they are sending me the missing necklace, and they added 100 BB points - they have excellent CS every time I contact them.

Quote: Originally Posted by SweetStuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  this would of been awesome with that 50off code they had going, too bad didn't work!  Very Tempting and not enough points!!!
blink.gif

I agree; I already ordered the PSMH SE Holiday box and I feel that's going to be my special box this year. I went a little wild and crazy with my Quarterly subscriptions so I think I've done enough self-gifting as it is!

Quote: Originally Posted by buhdderkupp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got an email that they are sending me the missing necklace, and they added 100 BB points - they have excellent CS every time I contact them.
I agree; their CS is excellent.

Has anyone with small ears tried the earbuds? I'm interested in the box, but am worried I won't be able to use them. My ears are tiny, so most earbuds won't stay in, atlhough I've found the newer default Apple ones are okish. 

Back