Birchbox Limited Edition: Precious Metals (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall: loved the headphones, lash curler, makeup bag, and nail polish. I may sell the necklace. Eyeshadow is bleh. The tea will go to a flower/tea loving co worker.

Quote: Originally Posted by BratzFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Overall: loved the headphones, lash curler, makeup bag, and nail polish. I may sell the necklace. Eyeshadow is bleh. The tea will go to a flower/tea loving co worker.
What was bleh about the eyeshadow if you don't mind me asking? quality or just the colors?

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What was bleh about the eyeshadow if you don't mind me asking? quality or just the colors?
Both. I usually wear Bobbi brown and NARs powder shadows--these were super fluffy in consistency, didn't really pop on my skin, and the colors were not unique.

For reference: top 6 are from the And God Created the Woman Nars palette, bottom 5 are Cynthia rowley. The Nars shadows have even more depth in person.
FYI: I'm walking around my place looking for better lighting and my husband is like "I married a crazy lady!" Lol #MakeupObsessed

I ALMOST bit the bullet, but talked myself out of it.  I really just want the headphones and the tea, but I can't talk myself into spending the money, or buying the products seperately lol.  

I just like the lifetime warranty on the headphones.  Skull candy has one but they aren't rose gold, and I have read some horror stories about trying to get them replaced and them never getting back to you, AFTER you already mailed them the broken ones so you can't even return them.

i got my first resub box today.and then got points, and then placed an order so i wouldn't lose my old points, and then found a code, and then placed another order! so basically i got snow day and precious metals and i'm psyched!!

Quote: Originally Posted by sweetietaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me with the necklace
Love the necklace!

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ahhhhhhhhh i love the necklace. every time i think 'I don't need this box" i see something else that makes me want it LOL
6.gif

After seeing all the pictures and hearing all the reviews, I went for it and bought the box. So excited!!!

I love everything but was hoping to get the earbuds or necklace in rose gold.  I like the gold too, but I thought rose would be nice for a change.  Is anyone interested in trading? 

I want to give props to tweezerman. I thought I just have tiny eyes because a lot of eyelash curlers dont seem to "work" on me. I have been using my japonesque individual lash curler (still recommend for precision curling!). My cynthia rowley has been pinching my skin because my face seems to be in the way. So I tried the curler skeptical and it is perfect. I did not pinch my skin at all.  I assumed it would be good because of tweezerman but props to them because they seemed to have designed the handle for people like me who seem to have small eyes or something. 

0.jpg

I liked your unboxing vid better than the one on Birchbox, sweetietaa!
claps.gif

I ordered it tonight with 400 points and the CYBER75 code so I would regain some points. I hate having no points especially at this time of year.  I can handle it for $80. I realllly like the rose-gold, but there aren't any in the shop so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather get silver than gold.

I like everything I'm seeing and may even try the tea!  Like you I'm wondering, how do you make it ?
coffee.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I liked your unboxing vid better than the one on Birchbox, sweetietaa!
claps.gif

I ordered it tonight with 400 points and the CYBER75 code so I would regain some points. I hate having no points especially at this time of year.  I can handle it for $80. I realllly like the rose-gold, but there aren't any in the shop so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather get silver than gold.

I like everything I'm seeing and may even try the tea!  Like you I'm wondering, how do you make it ?
coffee.gif

If you open the tin, there should be a little piece of paper with directions. 

0.jpg

You are just too adorable in this video!

So I was THRILLED that I got the rose gold items! Love the gorgeous eyelash curler! I think the colors in the palette are gorgeous! The make-up bag is gorgeous and feels wonderful! The essie nail polish is way better than I thought it would be. I was thinking about selling the headphones, not sure yet. The quality, look and sound is amazing from Frends. My biggest complaint is the chain to the necklace is SHORT!! Like choker length! Not flattering around my fat neck lol so I may have to get an extender. Overall this box is soooo worth it!! Glad I gifted it to myself!!

whoops the box sold out before i got the chance to buy one 
icon_cry.gif

i knew it was going to happen, i just didn't really have a good opportunity to get one, oh well.

Back