Birchbox Man: August Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see what is included in my boyfriend's box on the Birchbox website already. I'm new to this forum, how do people determine that the boxes are numbered and which number their box is? I've noticed this for both men and women's boxes, people will say things like "I'm getting box 7" or "He got box 23" - how do you determine what number your box is? Is there a list somewhere? Below is a picture of what my boyfriend got, pretty awesome box! I hope I do this spoiler thing correctly, I apologize in advance if I don't.

Looks like my bf is also getting box 4...i'm a little annoyed they sent a t-shirtMy bf is a bigger buy and there is no way its going to fit, so its wasted.  ugh

Edited to change spoiler color font!

I am also shocked by the shirt. My husband isn't large but likes his shirts to fit a certain way so he usually gets a large or XL and I am sure these shirts will come in a small or medium. Why send something so specific!?

Actually, if you click on the box it will bring up a hyper link that shows size. They are shipping in sizes from small to XXL. Guess who got the XXL? Joy. 

When you go to "box", and where it lists the boxes from the previous months. Click on the august one and it will look like this:

https://www.birchbox.com/men/box/august-2012/august12box4-xl

Or maybe box4-m or something :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lisabrake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what box do you click on?
Ooooh! Good find!!

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, if you click on the box it will bring up a hyper link that shows size. They are shipping in sizes from small to XXL. Guess who got the XXL? Joy. 

Oh the tab for "Men" click on "Box" and then scroll down to the box history and click on the pic of the "August Box". In the link up top, the very last characters will be the size, IE: s, m, l, xl, xxl.

I am interested in a shirt if people get sizes they can't use or don't want. My husband wears a Medium! Send me a PM if you are interested in trading for something!

Awsome! I am so excited to see that the box images are up! I love knowing what hes going to get before he does hehe Off to log into his account and take a look. A little worried about the T-shirt as well, he usually wears a XXL, hes 6'3 220lbs and the biggest size option available in the mens "beauty profile" questionnaire was XL. Hopefully it will fit, at least as an undershirt lol When filling out his profile, I was thinking that they would never really send out shirts but looks like I was wrong!!

OK, just looked at his box items and heres whats listed:

marvisclassic_300x300.jpg

Marvis Classic Mint Toothpaste
Ships Free

At least theres more than 4 products!​
Im hoping that the shampoo and conditioner are NOT foil packets!!! The Kerastase from last month was a great sample size (ahem, once they finally sent the right ones out that is) Im hoping that the Kiehl's shave cream will be a decent size sample! I doubt anything else will be full size though since theyve includeda t-shirt! Except for the CO Bigelow lip balmThat would be such a dissapointment if it was a mini! Speaking of the CO Bigelow lip, anyone else thinking they might end up stealing their hubby of boyfriend's? I am!! Hahaha​
 ​
EDIT:
THANK YOU GLAMOURDOLLEYES!!! I should have read your post more carefully before posting my last reply! I just used the method of clicking on the August box in the box history section and it looks like he will be getting size XXL! YAY! Now I dont have to worry :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess i was wrong when I said the biggest size option in the profile was XL.

Hey everyone, Nathan here

I am in my 4th birchbox and personally happy to get different products.

I am slated to get a XL shirt, in process of losing weight right now so I just have 1 less shirt to buy since I am in a XXL

I have discovered new products that I love and even got a full size as a birthday gift (hydroplane shave gel)

Last month was a little disappointed with the organizer and ear bud holder (difficult to get straight after being folded up)

I am excited for this month, been wanting to try the toothpaste and lipbalm

So, unless everyone here just had a weird stroke of luck, it doesn't look like there are actually 10 different boxes this month—everyone's here has been the same (as is my boyfriend's). I like this box much better than last month's though.

Thanks for the t-shirt tip. I was so paranoid my super skinny BF was going to get an XXL or something, haha.

My husband's box is different.  I'm just not sure how to post it.  Is there a list of boxes somewhere?

My husband is getting box 9 but there is no size at the end of his URL. I think he will like it a lot!

Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awsome! I am so excited to see that the box images are up! I love knowing what hes going to get before he does hehe Off to log into his account and take a look. A little worried about the T-shirt as well, he usually wears a XXL, hes 6'3 220lbs and the biggest size option available in the mens "beauty profile" questionnaire was XL. Hopefully it will fit, at least as an undershirt lol When filling out his profile, I was thinking that they would never really send out shirts but looks like I was wrong!!
Mine is 6'6 230 and they're sending an XXL so hopefully you'll get the same! **Fingers Crossed**

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like my bf is also getting box 4...i'm a little annoyed they sent a t-shirtMy bf is a bigger buy and there is no way its going to fit, so its wasted.  ugh

Edited to change spoiler color font!
Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am also shocked by the shirt. My husband isn't large but likes his shirts to fit a certain way so he usually gets a large or XL and I am sure these shirts will come in a small or medium. Why send something so specific!?
My boyfriend actually got to pick a clothing size when he completed his profile, so hopefully they will send the shirts in the size he indicated in his profile. Did your boyfriend/husband fill out their profiles?

I filled it out for him yes, I just didn't think they would get so personalized. I mean for the girls box you tell them you want nail polish and that you're 16 and they send you anti aging cream. I think it's awesome that the men are getting things that they love because men are more of a "like it or cancel" type shopper. The girls are always like "oh this month was a dud, next month will be better". At least that is how I am. LOL

And then I get dud after dud after dud but I always hold out.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My boyfriend actually got to pick a clothing size when he completed his profile, so hopefully they will send the shirts in the size he indicated in his profile. Did your boyfriend/husband fill out their profiles?

Back