Birchbox Man: August Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got different thing that card had listed why don't the people that package these boxes pay attention unhappy
frown.gif
Definitely call AND email them. The customer service reps will give you two diff answers. 1) There was a misprint on the card and you received the correct item, and 2) So sorry, we'll send you the correct item. 

Good luck!

The shampoo/conditioner is a pretty good size, there is a lot in there. My husband has short hair so it would last him a month or so but the foil packets are a pain. At least they didn't get tubes with nothing in them.

And the shirts seem pretty hipster to me. Shorter sleeves than normal and longer in the back then the front. No logo or anything. My husband wasn't into it too much, hes pretty picky about his shirts.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The shampoo/conditioner is a pretty good size, there is a lot in there. My husband has short hair so it would last him a month or so but the foil packets are a pain. At least they didn't get tubes with nothing in them.

And the shirts seem pretty hipster to me. Shorter sleeves than normal and longer in the back then the front. No logo or anything. My husband wasn't into it too much, hes pretty picky about his shirts.
The name of the shirt is the "Brando Tee." The reason it's cut like that is because of Marlon Brando's  character in A Streetcar Named Desire.

So, yeah it is pretty hipster. Lol.
wink.gif

Yes, Brando was a hottie. Time hasn't been good to him, huh?

CrabbyMrJ loves his Brando T-Shirt in the muddy gray color.

He's a big guy, and worried that the XL in his box would fit like an "Extra-Medium", but it did not. It fits well, and he can wear it under a sport coat. I like the sleeves. They kind of tip up, so he reminisces of the time we didn't have LilCrabbyJ when he used to smoke. Rolling his iPhone in his sleeve just isn't the same, I guess. The T-shirt is super soft, BUT, he's so worried it won't be soft once he puts it in the wash. So CrabbyMrJ hasn't washed it and is now sitting in a heap on our dresser for the week. Argh. It's making me super crabby just thinking about it.

As for the products, he likes the lipbalm. The rest is meh: Oribe shampoo and conditioner, Kiehl's shave cream and Marvis toothpaste. But he's going to be away for a week on business so everything will be useful and he won't have to worry about TSA.

It's a win, I guess. Every month, I bug him about when I should cancel, but he doesn't want to. I guess he likes it once again.

where do you complete the profile or how do you change it or look to see what you entered?

Can you gift a men's box and bypass waiting for an invite?

If I purchase the box under my email, can I review and get points towards my account?  Or will it be a seperate account, if you gather what I mean?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellaine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I purchase the box under my email, can I review and get points towards my account?  Or will it be a seperate account, if you gather what I mean?
I do think you still need an invite--but I'm not positive on that.  However, I signed up for the BBM "waiting list" probably 3 times before I actually subbed my bf, and each time I got the "a spot is available for you" email within 24-48 hours.

Whether the BBM box is attached to your account would depend on a few things, namely who it's for and if you/they are ok with "sharing" an account.  My BBW and my bf's BBM are both hooked to my email so I do get his points (and in reverse I guess he gets mine, but he never wants anything).  I also had to do his profile for him, because he would never take the time to do so....or even if he did, I'd probably have to give him the answers anyways :) .  However, if the box is not for someone related/super close to you, who you wouldn't mind having access to your points, I wouldn't recommend signing the gift account up under your account.  Also, I'm not sure if two boxes under the same account would ship to different addresses --  that seems destined for glitches.

Originally Posted by Hellaine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gift subscriptions do not get wait-listed and you don't need an invite for a gift sub, BUT I am not sure if you can gift a BBM sub to your own existing BBW account, I would give it a shot or call them and ask though! (emails can take days to get answered) I have my BF's BBM attached to my account (we were on the wait list for the launch box so I never needed to gift him one) and all the points from his and my boxes get added together. 

Back