Birchbox Man: October 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your Birchbox Man delivery is on its way. October's assortment is designed to shake up your routine—behind the bar, in your closet, and elsewhere. This month, let's keep them guessing.

Wow, whiskey stones and a jigger...........he and I are both on day day 43 of our sobriety. Thanks Birchbox.
That sucks, but congrats to both of you!  That's awesome!

i did not care for the watch. the shampoo and conditioner that ashleyanner is getting is great stuff for the hair.

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like they have some items listed under the October box page...

https://www.birchbox.com/men/october2012-box-1

Edited to add...

And it looks like there will be 15 different boxes?
15 boxes but box 8 is redirecting to box 9.

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are there a bunch of different men's boxes, like there are women's?
Yes.

So my hubby is getting Box 4. This is his sixth and possibly final month.

Birchbox Jigger - Large

Oribe Crème for Style

Teroforma Whisky Stones®

Cartier Déclaration

BORGHESE Fango Delicato

American Crew The Essentials Travel Kit

Your Birchbox Man delivery is on its way. October's assortment is designed to shake up your routine—behind the bar, in your closet, and elsewhere. This month, let's keep them guessing.

Wow, whiskey stones and a jigger...........he and I are both on day day 43 of our sobriety. Thanks Birchbox.
Congrats to you both...but if you are wanting to sell or trade them, PM me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Congrats to the both of you!

The whiskey stones also work great if you drink iced tea or any cold beverage, I think the name is because they were originally used in whiskey.  As to the jigger, I have no good suggestions other than those flavored syrups used in espresso beverages and italian sodas.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats to the both of you!

The whiskey stones also work great if you drink iced tea or any cold beverage, I think the name is because they were originally used in whiskey.  As to the jigger, I have no good suggestions other than those flavored syrups used in espresso beverages and italian sodas.
Thanks! I might use them in my diet dr pepper lol!

Super excited that my husband is getting whiskey stones in his box! I've always thought about purchasing him a set, but I didn't know if he'd use them/like them. Now he can try them out. =D

Invite came today!!!  First one's shipping on the 6th, and hubby's birthday is the 3rd.  =(  Well, he'll just get a card that tells him a gift is on the way!  YaY!  Glad we don't have to wait until next month!

When do they normally charge for men's?  The 1st, like the women's?  ~Edit - never mind.  Just found the FAQ and it says the 15th.  =)

Boyfranz is box #12. I was so miffed about not getting the watch a few months back, now I'm like "NOOO, the WATCH?!" Honestly though, he would never use the whiskey stones (I would) or the jigger (Again, I would). So instead of pouting because I can't raid his box like I normally do, I'll be happy that he gets his watch. Hell, let's be real, I'll probably end up thieving that, too. I love my, ahem, HIS Birchbox Man sub!

Plus side, with the points from reviewing the 7 items, I bumped my points up to over 400 and spent the $40 on the Jouer Matte Tint and Juicy Couture perfume rollerball duo. Plus I was sent a 20% off code for a full-size order (sure you all got it, but if not it's 20foryou) so my total was $10.40! Love it!

Did anyone else get 8 items?! If anyone got the tie and wants to trade for the whiskey stones, let me know! I'm also interested in trading the pre shave oil and jigger for other items or tie or combination of both. Pretty solid box.

Items I want(in order of importance)

tie

american crew travel kit

Kiehl's creme de corps

any moisturizers/face washes

or if anyone still has those boxers laying around, that would be awesome!

Originally Posted by emmakey9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Boyfranz is box #12. I was so miffed about not getting the watch a few months back, now I'm like "NOOO, the WATCH?!" Honestly though, he would never use the whiskey stones (I would) or the jigger (Again, I would). So instead of pouting because I can't raid his box like I normally do, I'll be happy that he gets his watch. Hell, let's be real, I'll probably end up thieving that, too. I love my, ahem, HIS Birchbox Man sub!

Plus side, with the points from reviewing the 7 items, I bumped my points up to over 400 and spent the $40 on the Jouer Matte Tint and Juicy Couture perfume rollerball duo. Plus I was sent a 20% off code for a full-size order (sure you all got it, but if not it's 20foryou) so my total was $10.40! Love it!
hmmm just gave me an idea, lol. I'm going to subscribe to bbman for a few months to put together my bf's Xmas present cheaply and that way I can keep everything he wouldn't want. Is that bad?? That's probably bad, lol. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmmm just gave me an idea, lol. I'm going to subscribe to bbman for a few months to put together my bf's Xmas present cheaply and that way I can keep everything he wouldn't want. Is that bad?? That's probably bad, lol. 
Not. At. All. That's pretty much what I do anyway. I pay for his box which is my secret way of shutting him up about all of my subs! He's happy, I'm happy!

Is anyone else having an issue with their tracking # not updating? It's like the Birchbox (woman) fiasco all over again.

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone else having an issue with their tracking # not updating? It's like the Birchbox (woman) fiasco all over again.
Yup.  It usually updates within a day after receiving the email.  I wonder if they pulled the "Hey we shipped it today (not really, we're just sending you this email because we think it'll make you happy...we're actually shipping it two days from now.)"

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is working both on UPS and USPS.

came on just to see if anyone else was having issue with tracking code. It should have been active by now since I got the email on the 25th

Yeah mine still hasn't updated from the 25th so I'm highly doubtful it shipped. Although, with my Birchbox this month, it took nearly 10 days for mine to update and when it finally did, my BB was sitting in my mail box.

Just got this email Apologies from Birchbox Hi, Unfortunately, there was a slight delay in shipping your October Birchbox Man. It's on its way to you now and should be tracking shortly. We're sorry for the inconvenience and we have added 100 Birchbox Points to your account. Remember, 100 points equals $10 toward any full-size product in the Birchbox Shop.

Back