Birchbox Man: October 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone who has gotten the "apology" email, has the date shown up for when its going to be shipped?

HEE!  I just went to the BB Man page, and there was a link that made me laugh:

From our blog

4.gif
  I'm easily amused...

Originally Posted by nathant78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

anyone who has gotten the "apology" email, has the date shown up for when its going to be shipped?
Yep...it shipped out on the 29th and has a delivery date of the 5th.

Hubs signed up today...the thing at checkout said his first will be shipped on the 13th.  But then in the same email it says that the boxes ship by the 25th.  So...I'm confused.  Will he get this month's box or next month's?  What a weird date, too.  The 13th is a  Saturday.  
11dh.gif

I think the one that'll ship by the 13th is the October box, and then you'll be charged again in the middle of the month and the November one will ship on-or-about the 25th.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hubs signed up today...the thing at checkout said his first will be shipped on the 13th.  But then in the same email it says that the boxes ship by the 25th.  So...I'm confused.  Will he get this month's box or next month's?  What a weird date, too.  The 13th is a  Saturday.  
11dh.gif
That's odd. The men boxes ship out by the 25th so if one is shipped to him during the month of October it would be for the November box. I wonder if there was a glitch in the automated response because the 13th is usually when the women's boxes are shipped (well between the 10th and 15th)

I got my invite last week. It said my box will ship on the 6th.  Then Monday I got the "has shipped" email and yesterday I got the apology-that-your-Oct-box-is-late email.  *Shrug*

So odd! Ever since BB launched BBM they have had so many problems. I applaud them for launching a subscription for men but it should have been a separate site.

Ok, speaking of odd. Since I'm STILL awake I was cleaning up my email when I saw the email from BBM about my hubby's box. I already knew it was "delayed" and that I was issued 100 points for it but I clicked on the link to see the status of the box and lo and behold this message:

Results for 9102##################

Tracking information for this piece is unavailable at this time. Tracking may take 24-48 hours after your mail piece has shipped. Please check back at a later time for additional information.

If tracking is unavailable after 3 days, please contact your shipper.
The apology email came last Friday which means that the tracking should have updated by Monday and no later than by today. It's highly possible it will update sometime later today but in my experience if the tracking info is not updated then the box was never mailed.

What in the world is going on with Birchbox and Birchbox Man? My faith in them is becoming shaken due to all the recent problems. I still love them but I have to admit they are no longer #1 in my book of favorite subscriptions - points system or no points system. These last three months have knocked them down a few pegs in my book.

He got them and doesn't like them, so you're more than welcome to them! He did open the stones and touch them (he wasn't sure what they are) but I think they can be washed? lol If you're interested, just send me a PM :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yay! just let me know!

Ummm, I got an Apologies from Birchbox email right after I emailed to ask what is going on with the shipping. I received the shipping info email on the 25th and when you click the link to check the status on the original email it says:
Tracking information for this piece is unavailable at this time. Tracking may take 24-48 hours after your mail piece has shipped. Please check back at a later time for additional information.

If tracking is unavailable after 3 days, please contact your shipper.

What is going on with BBMan lately?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's odd. The men boxes ship out by the 25th so if one is shipped to him during the month of October it would be for the November box. I wonder if there was a glitch in the automated response because the 13th is usually when the women's boxes are shipped (well between the 10th and 15th)
Right?  I thought it was odd.  But it totally says:

Quote: Men's Monthly Rebillable Subscription Shipping:
October 13, 2012

I sent them an email for clarification.  I figured I was getting the November, but now I don't know.  Either way he'll be happy.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He got them and doesn't like them, so you're more than welcome to them! He did open the stones and touch them (he wasn't sure what they are) but I think they can be washed? lol If you're interested, just send me a PM :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

can I ask, how many stones came in the package? Was it a full size (9 stones) ?

Thanks.

Hubs signed up today...the thing at checkout said his first will be shipped on the 13th.  But then in the same email it says that the boxes ship by the 25th.  So...I'm confused.  Will he get this month's box or next month's?  What a weird date, too.  The 13th is a  Saturday.  :11dh:
It'll be the october box because the november boxes dont ship till 11/25. I've had to suspend our BBM a few times and pick it up a week or two later after suspending it, and it gives me a shipping date a week or two into the following month, but it's always the box contents that had just shipped to every one. I also inadvertantly score 20 extra points by cancelling and signing back up.

If any of your boyfriends/husbands/brothers receive the Art of Shaving pre-shave oil in sandalwood and aren't interested in it, I'd love to trade you for it! My boyfriend loves the sandalwood scent and could always use a tiny one for traveling. My trade list is in my signature — thanks!

My patience is quickly running out.  Almost a week and the tracking hasnt updated, and I just tried to call and got their voicemail.  I would have left a message but I have NEVER gotten a call back when I leave them a message.  My husband asks everyday where it is, and I just keep saying  "I have no idea"  What is going on with them?  Hope the women's box isnt this much of a fiasco.

i think my boyfriend is secretly obsessed with bbm. yesterday he came home and asked where his box is.

Originally Posted by cosmia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think my boyfriend is secretly obsessed with bbm. yesterday he came home and asked where his box is.

i pout when i see no update on the package.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It'll be the october box because the november boxes dont ship till 11/25. I've had to suspend our BBM a few times and pick it up a week or two later after suspending it, and it gives me a shipping date a week or two into the following month, but it's always the box contents that had just shipped to every one. I also inadvertantly score 20 extra points by cancelling and signing back up.
You're right!  I had emailed them early this morning to clarify and they emailed to say that he would be getting an October box.  

Now to wait...with anticipation...and a slight dread because if he gets that watch?  This will be his only month.  I can guarantee.  LOL!  He's a watch collector (like as in Breitling, Rolex, Orient, and some German company that I can't remember) so if he got a plastic watch in the mail, that would frost his watch face.  

He is a big, big fan of shaving...he has about a crapton or maybe a holycrapton of shaving stuff with more arriving every day.  And he orders stuff from Dubai and all over...so shaving stuff would be cool to see in the boxes.  

It'll still be fun to see no matter what (for me) because he'll either be all, "WOOHOO!" or be annoyed and pissy....both of which are amusing.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back