Birchbox Man: October 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sad.  (  =(  <-- see?)  Signed hubby up on 9/24 and it told me his first box would ship on the 6th.  On 10/1 I got the "sorry we didn't ship when we said!  You get 100 points!" email, which confused me.  Until now, because I still have a tracking number, but no shipping info.  Guess they didn't include me in that 100 points by mistake; his box will be late!  But I wonder how late.

mines suppose to be here on Oct 6th. today is Oct 8th. It was in Jersey on the 6th, not in TN

Originally Posted by nathant78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mines suppose to be here on Oct 6th. today is Oct 8th. It was in Jersey on the 6th, not in TN
So was mine. I am in Arizona and my box is in New Jersey. At this point its just laughable. I wasn't one of the ones that received an OOPS here is 100 points email. I didn't get the email until after I emailed and asked where my box was.

If anyone has a Caskers gift code from the Oct. box that they will not be using, I will be eternally grateful to take it off your hands! PM me!

YaY!  I updated!  Apparently it was received by the post office on Sunday(?) and will be delivered Thursday.  I'm hopeful!!! 
w00t.gif

Finally got my BF's box and UGH! Unfortunately the stinky shave oil opened and got on EVERYTHING. And when I say everything, I mean everything. It even got inside the Whiskey Stones. I emailed them already and I know its not BB fault but good lawd! Hope the rest of you guys get your boxes in one piece.

This was the hubby's last box. His came today and it was missing the cologne and body wash. He got the jigger and the Whiskey stones - which he'll never use - along with a styling cream (he's currently bald since he shaved his hair) and the Borhese active mud (which I already have). Essentially everything that actually came is a dud for him. He would have liked the body wash (he showers after a work out at the gym) and possibly the cologne. I'll probably buy him the body wash but not through Birchbox.

The more time passes the more convinced I am that Birchbox and Birchbox Man should be two different sites and shouldn't be using the same customer service or shipped from the same warehouse. It seems that since BBM was launched BBW has gone downhill quickly.

I think this is my BF's last box too. He actually has loved every single box and he drinks whiskey so the stones and jigger are perfect. But the shipping really turned me off. *sigh*

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was the hubby's last box. His came today and it was missing the cologne and body wash. He got the jigger and the Whiskey stones - which he'll never use - along with a styling cream (he's currently bald since he shaved his hair) and the Borhese active mud (which I already have). Essentially everything that actually came is a dud for him. He would have liked the body wash (he showers after a work out at the gym) and possibly the cologne. I'll probably buy him the body wash but not through Birchbox.

The more time passes the more convinced I am that Birchbox and Birchbox Man should be two different sites and shouldn't be using the same customer service or shipped from the same warehouse. It seems that since BBM was launched BBW has gone downhill quickly.

I have no sign of any life in my bbm account. I was billed for October but no shipping. Ugh. Is there any other guy subscription box?

Does anyone have an idea of what may be in the men's welcome box? Trying to decide if I should gift hubby a sub, or just add it onto my account....

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sad.  (  =(  <-- see?)  Signed hubby up on 9/24 and it told me his first box would ship on the 6th.  On 10/1 I got the "sorry we didn't ship when we said!  You get 100 points!" email, which confused me.  Until now, because I still have a tracking number, but no shipping info.  Guess they didn't include me in that 100 points by mistake; his box will be late!  But I wonder how late.
Hubby's box came today, so I'm very pleased with that.  But then, I also got another "apologies" email.  This one said they accidentally sent an extra box, at no charge, so either give it to a friend or keep the extra product with their compliments.  Well, hubby made out this month!  Plus I got a bunch of extra points.  Not too bad!  (Wonder if the second box is the same as the first...)

Finally got an email back about my BF's box. I might or might not get a box according to them. But they also said I would get "properly compensated" if I don't get one.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine still has not shipped.  Nothing.  I'm about to write a strongly worded email.  heh
Earlier in this thread you posted that his box was due for shipping on the 13th. Today is only the 12th so of course it wouldn't be shipped yet. I also got a similar message when I subscribed for my own birchbox and my boyfriends birchbox man. 

i liked my BBM this month, except the cologne is way overpowering of a smell. I did like that it was a spray and not the typical take cap off stick in mouth, realize its cologne and spit it out kinda situation.

used the whiskey stones last night and did enjoy a bourbon with no ice watering the drink.

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Earlier in this thread you posted that his box was due for shipping on the 13th. Today is only the 12th so of course it wouldn't be shipped yet. I also got a similar message when I subscribed for my own birchbox and my boyfriends birchbox man. 
Ahh!  You're right!  I was thinking it was the 10th!  I just rechecked my email.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

ARGH.  I got an email (I didn't email them yet since my email says it will ship October 13th) that says:

Apologies from Birchbox Man

Hi,

Thank you for subscribing to Birchbox Man. We're very glad to have you on board. Your first box—the November box—will ship by October 25th. You can expect an email with confirmation of shipment and a tracking number at that time. In anticipation of your first box's arrival, we recommend you visit our online magazine, The Guide, for grooming tips, style advice, and box spoilers.

Let us know if you have any questions at [email protected] or 877-487-7272 M-F 9-5.

Cheers,
Birchbox Man 

I've already been charged for October and got a clarification email that it would be the October box that would be shipping on October 13th.  So annoyed.

So hubby got the box with the whiskey stones, the jigger, and the $10 caskers gift card.   ....only problem is, he gave up alcohol 8 years ago!  We're considering canceling, but giving it one more month.  If anyone has other men's items you'd like to trade for these (other than the rumba watch or cord wrapper thing), let me know. 

GOOD GRAVY. I'm ready to cancel because this is so frustrating!  

Still no box, no shipping.  I got the email saying they were apologizing (for what, it didn't say) and that I would be getting the box in November and not October as I had already confirmed with customer service.  So, I emailed back and sent them the full exchange of emails...then I get an email back AGAIN saying that my women's box has been delivered on yesterday.  

So I've emailed them AGAIN.  This time highlighting/bolding/underlining the pertinent information and that I've already been charged TWICE and no have NO box, NO shipping, NO updated information on the page.  

Ugh...................................they need a different email to deal with men's boxes vs women's boxes...because this is starting to really piss me off.  If they had just read the FIRST email I sent, then I wouldn't have been so witchy in sending the bold/highlight/underlined one.  

idiot.gif

Latest posts

Back