Birchbox Man: The June boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone  received the shampoo replacement sample that they swore would be here by the 1st? I haven't :-(
Haven't received it yet. Just reread the email they sent on it, and they say they will "ship you the correct sample by June 1st.". So I think they were giving themselves till yesterday to get it out the door.

The popcorn in my Birchbox Man box had congealed into a Solid Mass when I opened my box. Of the 2 kernels I pried off the brick, the popcorn tasted disgusting (imagine bacon greased cracker jack with some cayenne after-taste). I wrote to complaining about the item melting and re-congealing in transport. Included was a note to NOT send me anymore of the popcorn as I found it revolting.

Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The popcorn in my Birchbox Man box had congealed into a Solid Mass when I opened my box. Of the 2 kernels I pried off the brick, the popcorn tasted disgusting (imagine bacon greased cracker jack with some cayenne after-taste).

I wrote to complaining about the item melting and re-congealing in transport. Included was a note to NOT send me anymore of the popcorn as I found it revolting.
Ewww... my husband thought he wanted that popcorn, but it just doesn't sound appetizing after reading your comment. 

My husband n I have not been overly excited with the man box. We will give it a few more months n c how it goes.

We did not get any additional info on the shampoo yet either. I'm still waiting for my dr kart bb replacement. I'm going to email them about the bb cream.

Ok so I was right! We did in fact receive the deluxe size Kerastase shampoo and the foil packet as well!!! Overall, he was pretty happy with his box.  He got the watch in blue which he likes, it fits his wrist, and although he wont be paying for and using the payment and ID features he will still use the watch for the time feature!! haha Also, we received the cologne sample which he really likes ( as do I ) and the eshu shave gel, which was a really impressive size! Like I said before, we will keep the sub for a 3rd month before deciding wether or not to cancel. Sorry to those who got the melted popcorn or the mini zirh :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xX

Michelle

Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The popcorn in my Birchbox Man box had congealed into a Solid Mass when I opened my box. Of the 2 kernels I pried off the brick, the popcorn tasted disgusting (imagine bacon greased cracker jack with some cayenne after-taste).

I wrote to complaining about the item melting and re-congealing in transport. Included was a note to NOT send me anymore of the popcorn as I found it revolting.
OMG EXACTLY! It was the WORST.Hubby didn't even eat half and I call him my garbage disposal (I am very picky about my food so he gets what I don't like). I cancelled the same day and told them EXACTLY why. I don't expect a response but I am relieved that I got my complaints off my chest and don't have to worry about paying for another box.

If anyone is interested in buying a white watch that my boyfriend doesn't want (he just has this thing against watches...he's one of those people who thinks they're evil...lol yeah, he's odd)...please message!!  We were going to put it on Ebay, but who knows when we'll get around to that.. lol.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone is interested in buying a white watch that my boyfriend doesn't want (he just has this thing against watches...he's one of those people who thinks they're evil...lol yeah, he's odd)...please message!!  We were going to put it on Ebay, but who knows when we'll get around to that.. lol.
Use our For Sale Items forums, you'll have better luck there.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/22537/for-sale-items-buy-items-swap-items-buy-sell-trade

We received a cleanser instead of the shave gel listed on our card and on the site...emailed CS :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So I finally heard back from customer service and surprise! It was a "typo". So apparently they meant to send 2 shaving products inthesame box.....lame!

Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I finally heard back from customer service and surprise! It was a "typo". So apparently they meant to send 2 shaving products inthesame box.....lame!
I spoke to one CSR by phone who told me it was a typo, another CSR emailed me and apologized for the mix up, and said they sent out the correct sample. So I got two conflicting stories on that matter.

What's the feedback going on with BBMan like? Father's day is coming up and I thought of getting some gift subs for family members...Is it playing out well or should I just stick to buying gifts again lol?

Granted it's only been five days since Birchbox Man said they'll mail out the correct samples but has anyone received an email from them with a tracking #?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Granted it's only been five days since Birchbox Man said they'll mail out the correct samples but has anyone received an email from them with a tracking #?
I received an email at 10am on Friday 6/1 saying they would send my shave gel sample 'asap'...no other communication as of yet for that or the shampoo.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's the feedback going on with BBMan like? Father's day is coming up and I thought of getting some gift subs for family members...Is it playing out well or should I just stick to buying gifts again lol?
Uhm it's kinda hit and miss.

My husband LOVED last month's box and we actually have ordered 2 items from it.

This month was a flop and he hasn't even used the stuff from this box.

Next month is going to be our deciding month, I always give 3 months. So We'll see.

I think I'll just lurk around and see what happens....then maybe purchase some gift subs later..or not lol. Thanks for the feedback!

Originally Posted by crazymomma10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uhm it's kinda hit and miss.
My husband LOVED last month's box and we actually have ordered 2 items from it.
This month was a flop and he hasn't even used the stuff from this box.
Next month is going to be our deciding month, I always give 3 months. So We'll see.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received an email at 10am on Friday 6/1 saying they would send my shave gel sample 'asap'...no other communication as of yet for that or the shampoo.

Ditto. I've emailed info and not Paulina about it since I want to see what the random reply will be. lol I'll email Paulina about it later as well.

Has anyone gotten the correct size of shampoo yet? My husband has been trying the foil packet and loves it. I went to get him a full size but they're sold out and then I remembered the email about them sending out the correct size.

Same here, no replacement shampoo sample. I'm kinda bummed since they said all replacements would be sent by 5/1/12. 

Latest posts

Back