Birchbox Man: The June boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF Birchbox?! Foil packets instead of sample bottles like in the pic? And they only NOW noticed it? What happened to quality control? I really think the BBM was a bad decision to bring after all since most of the problem with both BB and BBM occured with them launching BBM. Time to ditch it in favor of a quarterly box.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WTF Birchbox?! Foil packets instead of sample bottles like in the pic? And they only NOW noticed it? What happened to quality control? I really think the BBM was a bad decision to bring after all since most of the problem with both BB and BBM occured with them launching BBM. Time to ditch it in favor of a quarterly box.
I received an email about 6 or 7 days ago about the shampoo packet mix-up and posted it here. 

Hey there,You may have noticed your June box has a sample of Kérastase Shampoo that is a bit, er, smaller than you would expect from Birchbox Man. Due to a warehouse mixup we mistakenly sent you this packet instead of the larger, trial-size sample we intended to include and Kérastase wanted you to have! This type of error is unacceptable and we will be taking immediate action to fix it. We will ship you the correct sample by June 1st.We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you,Birchbox Man

Well it's nice they addressed it but still what in the world is going on with Birchbox? Too much too soon?

I am just curious how they were packaged up and boxed with the foil packets.  Do they not have some sort of QC or approval process on things that are sent to their distributor?  I am assuming they don't do it in house.

My boyfriend actually loved the watch, since he's outdoorsy and it would definitely come in handy. When I tried to activate it for him, I saw that there was a fee to actually use the watch! I was rather put off about that. Why include something that he are going to have to pay to get any use out of? I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts on that!

Just got Hubby's box.

We got the watch in White, I like it but we'll see what he thinks when he gets home.
I LOVE
lovelovee.gif
the smell of the cologne sample (I may buy it for him with my points)
We were just talking about how he needed sunscreen and we got some YAY!
biggrin.gif

Then the shave gel, well we will see, he just shaved yesterday but he'll need some in 2 days or so, we'll see.

Overall I think we'll give it another month. He liked 2 out of the 4 things last month and I think he'll enjoy at least 2 out of this one. Guess we'll see what next month brings.

Well his came in the mail today. I don't think it's worth 10 much less 20. The popcorn was AWFUL the bacon is like over-salted chunks of ham. Annoyed over the foil packet sample. Annoyed that he got ANOTHER cologne sample and the shave gel is not anything new I've seen ZIRH around everywhere. I waited to tell him what the other extra was until he decided if he liked his box he was apathetic about it at best but he was very annoyed that he didn't get a watch because he would have used it. Overall I'm not happy and will be canceling. I was really hoping for something more especially at $20 but I guess we are not the right demographic.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. I'm impressed with what the hubby got. The Eshu Shave Gel is full size.
Are you kidding me?!? We got .23 Fl OZ of Zirh. Didn't you guys also get the watch?

Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you kidding me?!? We got .23 Fl OZ of Zirh. Didn't you guys also get the watch?
Grr.... what inequality... full size product and $35 watch, vs. $12 of playing cards and micro-sample... c'mon Birchbox.

Nope I don't, he is on location for 30 days at a time, So I open it then show  him on skype :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> he doesn't like the watch so we'll just hang on to it for a gift in the future.

The hubby's shave gel was full size, the shampoo is foil but still his box is valued at over $60. If they do send out replacements for the shampoo then the value will go up.

First box came yesterday.  Overall he was excited about it, but I didn't tell him what he didn't get. It would have been nice to get the watch as I think my son would have really like it! Oh well.

On the plus side, the Eshu moisturiser is a generous sample being close to full size (it might be full size, I didn't look too hard). He liked the smell and it will last him through the summer at least, so that's nice!

Question:  I signed him up for a monthly sub through my own referal link... can I gift him a 3 month sub and still get the points for it?

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I figure your box got the shave gel my box should have had, and my box got the cleanser your box should have had. Because, you're right, they wouldn't (or shouldn't) have put two shave gels in one box. But all they told me was it was a typo and didn't offer to send me the correctly stated sample. 
Update: I had emailed customer service about the Anthony Logistics Shave Gel/Cleanser sample mix-up after the box arrived last Saturday 5/26. When I called several days ago, I asked them about it again and they told me what I posted here, that it was a mix-up with the items listed on the card, AND the wrong item was listed online under box contents, but that I had received the correct sample. I had decided to cancel anyway, so I let it go at that. Today I received a reply to the email I sent last weekend:

Hi Sarah (& John), Thanks so much for being in touch and I can't apologize enough for my delayed response--we have had a very high volume of emails this past week. I'm so sorry to hear about mix up! We have one remaining replacement and it is all yours- we'll ship it out as soon as possible. Have a great weekend! Best, Ally

So was it a mix-up on the card, or a mix-up in packing? I can't stand it when two CS Reps say two conflicting things! 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update: I had emailed customer service about the Anthony Logistics Shave Gel/Cleanser sample mix-up after the box arrived last Saturday 5/26. When I called several days ago, I asked them about it again and they told me what I posted here, that it was a mix-up with the items listed on the card, AND the wrong item was listed online under box contents, but that I had received the correct sample. I had decided to cancel anyway, so I let it go at that. Today I received a reply to the email I sent last weekend:

Hi Sarah (& John), Thanks so much for being in touch and I can't apologize enough for my delayed response--we have had a very high volume of emails this past week. I'm so sorry to hear about mix up! We have one remaining replacement and it is all yours- we'll ship it out as soon as possible. Have a great weekend! Best, Ally

So was it a mix-up on the card, or a mix-up in packing? I can't stand it when two CS Reps say two conflicting things! 
And that line about one remaining replacement sounds like horse manure too.

All this BS that our cards AND online box are wrong and NOT another accidental Birch Box switcheroo, is making me really mad, as is their conflicting CS and Customer Service in general lately. My boyfriend's box was supposed to have the Anthony Logistics face wash yet he received the shave gel ALONG with the Eshu shave gel. The real kicker is he received shave gel in last month's box too when his profile specifically says he has a beard. All three will last over a year with his amount of mild shape ups . I emailed them Sunday asking for the correct sample as points we don't want in this case. Guess what? Still no response. Yes Sunday was a weekend and Monday a holiday, but it has now been 4 full days as per their 4 day response policy and still norhing. I work during call hours and when i have called on my lunch break, i get voicemail. Birch box is having more and more issues in a row then i could ever imagine possible. I will be livid if they tell me that this was a typo and no Cleanser will be sent to us as it should have, ESPECIALLY since one person was already advised they would. Ughhhhhh what's next? Sending women men boxes and saying it was purposeful? Come on!

So, we are having an issue with BB man this month too!

His account is showing his box contents but we still havent received a shipping confirmation! I called birchbox wednesday, left a message, and got a call back and voicemail today saying that "we are so sorry, the tracking information looks like it hasnt updated since the 25th, will be shipping a new box as soon as possible and you will receive a confirmation e-mail soon" My guess is there was never tracking info to begin with because his box was never shipped at all!!

I am hoping that one, he will receive the correct box contents and two, that because his is being sent AFTER they just "happened to realize" they sent out foil packets of the shampoo (Wheres the QC people? are they subcontracting another conpany to pack and ship the products or something!?), his will include the "intented" deluze size sample...hmm wishful thinking? lol

xX

Latest posts

Back