Birchbox Man: The June boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same. I'm getting really annoyed with the difference in value in all Birchboxes (men and women). They were my favorite sub for a LONG time but I think I will be canceling soon.
But some people are posting that they are happy they aren't getting the watch or that their SO will never wear it.  So while it may be valued higher, some might get more actual value out of playing cards and popcorn.  My H will use either so I am not picky on which box he gets.

I'm not saying that everyone should get the same thing. I paid the same $20 that everyone else did, yet my "extra" is worth barely $20 while those watches are worth $35. They got almost double what mine is worth and that upsets me.

Hubby is getting:

Rumba watch

Anthony Logistics facial cleanser

John Varvatos USA cologne

ESHU Moisturizer 
Hope he likes it.  Not sure why some boxes have the watch and others do not.  I think I remember choosing athletic and sunscreen when filling out hubby's profile.  So seems like a pretty good fit for him.  Maybe BB is looking at profiles? 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. I would be pissed if stupid playing cards came in or the notebooks.
LOL, my husband would love those notebooks.  He's always talking about and taking field notes!

Wow the tracking # updated so quickly...that's a 1st.

his box weight is 1.113 est. delivery for the 29th 

I already peeked and he is getting another face cleanser which is lame since he got one last month...that might make him want to unsub.

but I saw they added the Dude No.1 Beard Oil to their site.  I bought this for him two years ago and he gets a new bottle every year...he loves that to death.  If your man has a burly beard that is a great thing to give him.

I'm not saying that everyone should get the same thing. I paid the same $20 that everyone else did, yet my "extra" is worth barely $20 while those watches are worth $35. They got almost double what mine is worth and that upsets me.
According to the website, my hubby's playing cards are only $6 and the popcorn $5.50... so that's $11.50 of "extra" versus a $35 watch.....really, Birchbox, come on!  I really love the variety and trying new products via Birchbox, but the box value discrepancies are driving me crazy!

I thought someone said they got 2 boxes of playing cards. If it is only one then yes 11.50.

I thought someone said they got 2 boxes of playing cards. If it is only one then yes 11.50.

Ah.. ok, yes.closer to the $20 with 2 boxes of cards..but I'm guessing my hubs would rather have multiple bags of the popcorn than the playing cards, of which we already have numerous boxes....at least the popcorn would get "used"... lol

Yup, I'm not happy. At this point I would have rather bought him a game for $40. I was really hoping they'd knock this out of the ballpark for $20 a month but I'm not feeling it. I hope others are happy with theirs but at this point I think I'm done with BBMan and if my BBWoman sucks this month I'm done with BB period.

No, I totally understand. I think this will be our last month with BBMan too. I don't get why the boxes cannot be at least equal in value. Last month was not good at all.

Yup, I'm not happy. At this point I would have rather bought him a game for $40. I was really hoping they'd knock this out of the ballpark for $20 a month but I'm not feeling it. I hope others are happy with theirs but at this point I think I'm done with BBMan and if my BBWoman sucks this month I'm done with BB period.

Updated the first post. All six boxes are now listed. I have a feeling those getting boxes 1 or 5 are going to be PISSED.

So I'm trying to leave feedback for the Man items and keep getting this message "The logged in customer does not match the feedback form Customer Id" 

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I'm trying to leave feedback for the Man items and keep getting this message "The logged in customer does not match the feedback form Customer Id" 

Any ideas?
I was getting the same. I figured I would give it 2-3 days and try again. Then call if it kept happening.

my BF got his box today.  He received box #3 but instead of the Anthony's Cleanser he received the shave gel so two shave gels in the box.  I think I will be emailing customer service about the mix up.  and he was very confused about the watch.

Originally Posted by MKCurio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my BF got his box today.  He received box #3 but instead of the Anthony's Cleanser he received the shave gel so two shave gels in the box.  I think I will be emailing customer service about the mix up.  and he was very confused about the watch.
Are there instructions on how the watch works? According to the "box' my husband is to get a watch and we have no idea how it works (besides telling time).

http://www.rumbatime.com/shop-the-collections/vandam-go.html

Basically these watches also have a contactless payment chip built in which means you can load your credit card info and use the watch as a smart pass. Ever seen at the gas station or some stores where you can pass your credit card over the scanner and it'll automatically pay for something? That's what this watch does. I think American Express was the first company that had the smart pass cards.

http://www.gadget.com/2011/12/02/rumbatime-vandam-go-watch/ People wear watches to basically know the time. But with people getting more technology-savvy, people would want more from a watch than just to tell the time. While there are many wristwatches today that do just that, it helps having such gadgets with much more variety to choose from. Variety is really something that the new RumbaTime VanDam Go Watch offers.

The RumbaTime VanDam Go Watch provides the features of a typical wristwatch- telling the time, date as well as having an alarm. But it also does more than just that. It is actually designed to provide other features such as a Contactless Payment Card and an active Emergency Response Profile.

The RumbaTime VanDam Go Watch provides users to set up a VITA service account for cashless payment by using a secure ID card that can be inserted into the watch. The ID also contains information about your emergency contacts, health condition as well as other related information that can be scanned by emergency first responders in case you get into an accident. The RumbaTime VanDam Go Watch is available at RumbaTime for US$35. It does not include the VITA service straight out, which requires setting up an account and an annual service payment of US$20 to enjoy the contactless payment and secure ID features.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/lifestyle/rumbatime-vandam-go-wristwatch-is-a-trendy-timepiece-and-credit-card/ If you're looking to clean out your wallet or purse and streamline your shopping experience, check out Rumbatime's Vandam Go wristwatch, a versatile timepiece that is both credit card and emergency contact information all-in-one.

New York-based watch design studio Rumbatime has created a new timepiece that incorporates elements of a wristwatch, a credit card, and emergency response profile. Dubbed the Vandam Go, the stylish watch features a familiar looking digital watch inferface that includes the time, date, light, alarm, and stopwatch functions.

The strap of the watch is comprised of silicone and is water resistant, which is good because it also houses a contactless credit card payment chip and medical response VITAnumber. We’re all about style and function, so it’s nice having a timepiece that does more than just inform us about how we late we are.

In fact, one of the things we like most about the Vandam Go, besides its simple and stylish design, is its ability to streamline the check-out process whenever we purchase anything in-person. Once you activate the watch, the contact payment chip that fits inside the band can be inserted opposite the digital face. All one has to do then is activate it and simply wave the watch at a digital receiver at the point of sale, it’s that easy. No fumbling with your purse or wallet is required.

And for some added piece of mind, if any emergency were to befall the wearer of the Vandam Go, the bands personalized VITAnumber is printed below the contactless payment chip. By dialing the toll-free number next to the VITAnumber, emergency medical personnel are able to access not only the health conditions of the wearer, but emergency contacts as well. We can’t help but think this would be great for kids who don’t generally carry official forms of identification — and for $35, that seems like a steal.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/lifestyle/rumbatime-vandam-go-wristwatch-is-a-trendy-timepiece-and-credit-card/#ixzz1w0nlvrrA

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any ideas?

Now the 20% off code they put in his box gives me this message: Coupon code "welcome20" is not valid.
Sigh.

Just got the Birchbox Man today, and although it said we were to get the anthony logistics shave gel, we received the cleanser instead (pretty nice sample size though!)  Other items in the box included the Varvatos cologne, the Kerastase shampoo packet, and the VanDam Go Watch (in a white color).  My boyfriend is not a fan of watches so the watch is a big dud for him (he said he absolutely hated the design).  Watches are really a personal style preference and while we're grateful Birchbox threw in a $35 watch in a $20 sample box, I just feel like the items should be kept more neutral to a person's taste and style.  I guess we're going to try to put the watch on Ebay, but I just wish they gave us a black color as white seems a bit of a harder bid than a black one. We're giving it just one more month, and if they don't wow us with the next box, we're definitely unsubscribing.

Back