Birchbox Man

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, these videos are why I'm thankful for birchbox man:

"The kind of product you might get from a wealthy relative for Christmas that you only use a few times, but you're glad that you have it." lol

Originally Posted by miss6aby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh! when you get a minute could you post your socks? That sounds like a pretty cool combo. Im thinking about doing one more month whether he wants to or not. LOL.

Then he'll have enough points to get the Tatcha blotting papers. lol he used all mine! So he asked if he could get his own. 
 Here they are...   The lines are more of an orange and purple.  But as long as he likes them...

haha oh my gosh those guys are too funny.

its got sand in it or something, its exfoliating, wait why do i know that?

Its funny that they are so interested in the smells. More so than the actual product.

Originally Posted by jlvb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here they are...   The lines are more of an orange and purple.  But as long as he likes them...
Oh yaaa. I like those! So my bf tried the khiels and he loves it! Also said the facial cleanser is PRETTY COOL! so he said just one more month...lol But he still thinks the first box was not worth it. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha oh my gosh those guys are too funny.

its got sand in it or something, its exfoliating, wait why do i know that?

Its funny that they are so interested in the smells. More so than the actual product.
That's because men like to smell things... like their own burps. lol

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol, these videos are why I'm thankful for birchbox man:

"The kind of product you might get from a wealthy relative for Christmas that you only use a few times, but you're glad that you have it." lol
LOL I'm seriously loving the Manhauls channel!  I'm a huge fan of Eleventhgorgeous but their Husbands' channel is seriously cracking me up. 

Does anyone have an //empty// Birchbox man boxes that I can get off them. Happy to pay for shipping! If you're willing to part with them, please email me at stewart dot sarah at gmail dot com. Darn suckers look great for sorting Lego and stuff!

The BBM boxes are great. If you're crafty you can glue the boxes together to what ever height you want then decoupage or paint it.

Originally Posted by sillygirlsarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have an //empty// Birchbox man boxes that I can get off them. Happy to pay for shipping! If you're willing to part with them, please email me at stewart dot sarah at gmail dot com. Darn suckers look great for sorting Lego and stuff!
I want his storage box but he won't give it to me lol!!

My boyfriend didn't like the box =[ but I'm tempted to get it for another month. He hasn't used any of the products, which was pretty disappointing. (He got the box with the bar of soap and exfoliator) The only thing we both loved was the box itself, which I took from him >=]

So I'm going to open my boyfriend's box today when I get home. ​
(I signed him up and paid for it myself)​
It came to our brand new place which we havent quite moved into yet....​
So.. it has been sitting there since the 3rd! *gasp!​
Im nervous that he wont be into it, but im hoping he will use the shave gel at least...​
I think he will laugh at the socks.
rolleyes.gif
Anyways, I will let you guys know what he thinks!!!​
xX​

So, my boyfriend ended up getting:

1. Richer Poorer- burgundy striped socks
  2. Kiehl's- Ultimate Man Body Scrub Soap
  3. ZIRH- Shave Gel
  4. Billy Jealousy- LiquiSsand Exfoliating Facial Cleanser

Although I think the box is worth $20.00, (considering the socks are $13.00, i'd say the rest is worth $7.00 or more combined), I was definately expecting at least one-two more products like the regular BirchBox!  They need to step it up next month if they want me to keep him subscribed!

xX

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The BBM boxes are great. If you're crafty you can glue the boxes together to what ever height you want then decoupage or paint it.
Excellent idea for storage! Maybe ill keep him subscribed utill I have about 4 saved up to make a little product/jewelery box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

xX

Update: He wears the socks all the time, and is using the bar soap and sand cleanser until they run out. The cologne was smelly but I kept it for possible trades :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Overall, good but not great....awaiting box #2!

Just got the hubs box and had to open it. I think he will hate it. I am pretty disappointed. His socks are a horrible, ugly BRIGHT yellow that he will never wear. Honestly, it looks like when you don't drink enough water, but, fluorescent. I should have spent the money on something at sephora. And I hated my box this month too. I really feel like they always give me the cheapie box - but - that is for a different thread. Do you think bc I used my account to get this - that's why he got this box and will keep getting yucky boxes?

I am pretty sure all boxes got socks. There were only 2 boxes, everything was the same minus a shaving cream or a cologne.

Originally Posted by Tabasc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got the hubs box and had to open it. I think he will hate it. I am pretty disappointed. His socks are a horrible, ugly BRIGHT yellow that he will never wear. Honestly, it looks like when you don't drink enough water, but, fluorescent. I should have spent the money on something at sephora. And I hated my box this month too. I really feel like they always give me the cheapie box - but - that is for a different thread. Do you think bc I used my account to get this - that's why he got this box and will keep getting yucky boxes?

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am pretty sure all boxes got socks. There were only 2 boxes, everything was the same minus a shaving cream or a cologne.
Yeah, It would be nice if they would have a little more variety in the men's boxes, I mean at least like 5 different options considering their profile survery is a LOT more detailed than the women's profile.  I guess we will have to wait and see!

P.S. The b/f says he really likes the exfoliater and that the shave gel is alright.  He still has yet to wear the socks or use the soap.

xX

I was very underwhelmed and had higher hopes for this.  But when I brought home the funky socks my husband loved them and got tons of remarks and complements on them since they were weird and not traditionally what he would have picked.  So perfect Birchbox type experience.  Then I was showing him one of the funny unboxings from guys with their first Birchboxes and he said, "Wait, that was twenty bucks? Wow".  So I'm on the fence.  Probably keep it for a few more months to see what kind of other stuff they have in mind but it could be one of the ones to go since he doesn't really care and I seriously have to start cutting down on the amount of sample services I have, it's getting crazy!  I wonder if/when the boxes go up for previews on the site, is it the 25th?  I'm very curious as to what will be in the next box.

Back