Birchbox Man

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 3 month sub for my hubby.  I think he had fun opening it but wasn't too thrilled about the contents.  Wait...he was pretty happy with his funky green socks.  Anyway, I asked for feedback so I could post on BB and get points.  (The points actually added into my account.  Yay for me!)

This is what he said about the shave gel.  "Yuck!  The tube was so tiny I couldn't get enough on my face and it wouldn't lubricate well enough.  The shaving cream I have now works awesome and that's the reason Barb-o-sol shave cream has been in business for 100 years!"

LOL

Question: did the socks come in just one size (usually it is 10-13)? Was there an option in the profile for shoe size?

I briefly considered signing up my husband for BirchBox man. He would not have been able to wear the socks if they only come in regular size. I have to buy him extended size socks; he wears size 16 shoes. 

For $20 I think they need a couple more items in the box.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question: did the socks come in just one size (usually it is 10-13)? Was there an option in the profile for shoe size?

I briefly considered signing up my husband for BirchBox man. He would not have been able to wear the socks if they only come in regular size. I have to buy him extended size socks; he wears size 16 shoes. 

For $20 I think they need a couple more items in the box.
I believe they were just one size. When i filled out my husband's profile, I don't think there was anything on shoe size, just shirt size or overall body size (S, M, L, XL).

Agree. They can say it costs more to acquire men samples, but the 4 items haven't wowed me or my husband. One more month and then decision time.

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe they were just one size. When i filled out my husband's profile, I don't think there was anything on shoe size, just shirt size or overall body size (S, M, L, XL).

Agree. They can say it costs more to acquire men samples, but the 4 items haven't wowed me or my husband. One more month and then decision time.
Thanks for the info.

My hubby got his first birchbox this month. I signed him up as a surprise because he was always "jealous" when my beauty boxes came, lol. It's funny to me because he's not really into skincare and haircare. He's a guy's guy -- but loves cologne. That was his favorite part of the box -- perfume samples are always my least favorite thing.

We did this video together if you want to take a look! It was our first one together doing an OFFICIAL video, not a vlog, so it was hilarious to us lol.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was very underwhelmed and had higher hopes for this.  But when I brought home the funky socks my husband loved them and got tons of remarks and complements on them since they were weird and not traditionally what he would have picked.  So perfect Birchbox type experience.  Then I was showing him one of the funny unboxings from guys with their first Birchboxes and he said, "Wait, that was twenty bucks? Wow".  So I'm on the fence.  Probably keep it for a few more months to see what kind of other stuff they have in mind but it could be one of the ones to go since he doesn't really care and I seriously have to start cutting down on the amount of sample services I have, it's getting crazy!  I wonder if/when the boxes go up for previews on the site, is it the 25th?  I'm very curious as to what will be in the next box.
My hubby got his second box a couple days ago -- crazy fast. We were surprised by one of the items....interesting & cool, but not something he plans on using. 

Originally Posted by MsKimiKiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My hubby got his first birchbox this month. I signed him up as a surprise because he was always "jealous" when my beauty boxes came, lol. It's funny to me because he's not really into skincare and haircare. He's a guy's guy -- but loves cologne. That was his favorite part of the box -- perfume samples are always my least favorite thing.

We did this video together if you want to take a look! It was our first one together doing an OFFICIAL video, not a vlog, so it was hilarious to us lol.
I LOVE THIS VIDEO! I should totally do one with my man too. lol

The soap was not full-size. My bf loved it so much we bought the full size and its SO BIG AND THICK (that's what she said..) compared to what was in the box. Either way the travel size was awesome as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We did unsubscribed after the first month. I think the first month was actually better than the 2nd month in comparison of what my bf would have liked. Hopefully they can get Kerasate to participate in hair products that are not shampoo. That is what he is interested in. Also tatcha papers. LOL

I LOVE THIS VIDEO! I should totally do one with my man too. lol The soap was not full-size. My bf loved it so much we bought the full size and its SO BIG AND THICK (that's what she said..) compared to what was in the box. Either way the travel size was awesome as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We did unsubscribed after the first month. I think the first month was actually better than the 2nd month in comparison of what my bf would have liked. Hopefully they can get Kerasate to participate in hair products that are not shampoo. That is what he is interested in. Also tatcha papers. LOL
Aww thanks for watching doll! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks for letting me know that wasn't full size. I think that we assumed bc that's the size soap we are used to haha. I don't know if Aaron will want to keep it much longer but I hope they can pull in some more brands! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I LOVE THIS VIDEO! I should totally do one with my man too. lol The soap was not full-size. My bf loved it so much we bought the full size and its SO BIG AND THICK (that's what she said..) compared to what was in the box. Either way the travel size was awesome as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We did unsubscribed after the first month. I think the first month was actually better than the 2nd month in comparison of what my bf would have liked. Hopefully they can get Kerasate to participate in hair products that are not shampoo. That is what he is interested in. Also tatcha papers. LOL
I saw a sneak peak on FB of what might be in the next BBM box ... You should resubscribe ! I wish our BB had gadgets like BBM does.

Back