Birchbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my first box today. I'm actually shocked that the twistband ended up being my favorite item. I was excited for the Whish but there really wasn't a scent to it for me. I had convinced myself it would smell like Fruity Pebbles, darn high hopes.
The first time I used it, I thought the same thing because I only used a little of it. Then the second time I was like WOAH (I think i used more or something)...but I think it smells like sweet tarts. :) 

Soooo... I was thinking of giving my Whish Shave cream to the boyfriend for his face.  He loves blueberries, it's his favorite froyo.

Has anyone given their dude the Whish?

I like the way it smells, sorta gourmand foodie.  If they had a lotion I'd probably slather it on... can I slather this on? !!?!!  And just leave it on, I mean I never quite got shaving cream...  What is it?  Some sort of super-fluffy lotion or is it a super-stiff soap like stuff.

Any ingredient nerds out there?

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No box yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
wow and it's almost april, smh. you should get points from them now.

She is in Germany, it's take a while to get to her.

There is no way my husband would put that on his face hahaha. It leaves a gross film when you rinse it off. I can see razor burn happening. This reminds me I need to buy him more Jack Black...

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow and it's almost april, smh. you should get points from them now.
I wish, it takes a while because i'm in Germany. I was spoiled by February getting here in less than two weeks.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She is in Germany, it's take a while to get to her.
Funny thing is I made an order on the BB shop and it got here in  about a week. Sometimes things get here super fast other times it takes a month or more. The good thing is BB extended my deadline to leave reviews and get points.

Thanks!  Will not be 'blessing' boyfriend with the Whish.  The Jack Black does look good with the Aloe, Sage & Lavender...  
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I purchased my husband some for his Christmas stocking and he thought it was silly. Now he is addicted and understands why I love higher quality items. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Off topic but today I recieved the Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap that I nabbed via GrouponGoods. I am so excited to try it tonight. I don't think I've ever been so excited to wash my face! Thanks to the lovely ladies on this board for spreading the word on that deal. I had been eyeing it in the BB shop for quite some time... has anyone put the tip on the bottle to use and made a facial scrub out of it by adding a little sugar to a spoonful of the soap?

Originally Posted by jbird1175 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Off topic but today I recieved the Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap that I nabbed via GrouponGoods. I am so excited to try it tonight. I don't think I've ever been so excited to wash my face! Thanks to the lovely ladies on this board for spreading the word on that deal. I had been eyeing it in the BB shop for quite some time... has anyone put the tip on the bottle to use and made a facial scrub out of it by adding a little sugar to a spoonful of the soap?
ahhh I'm so jelly :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I missed out on that promo cuz of the bf -.-' uuuuh the soap is pretty rough by itself, I wouldn't add sugar to it, but if you think your skin can take it, I say go for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ahhh I'm so jelly :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I missed out on that promo cuz of the bf -.-' uuuuh the soap is pretty rough by itself, I wouldn't add sugar to it, but if you think your skin can take it, I say go for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I used it (sans sugar) and I have to say my face feels squeaky clean and smooth. I sort of wish this product was in a tube though vs. a pump. From what I read, the cleanser is very thick and has a "tar - like" consistency. I didn't get that from the first pump - it was watery. I wound up unscrewing the pump to get the "true" product out.  

I used it (sans sugar) and I have to say my face feels squeaky clean and smooth. I sort of wish this product was in a tube though vs. a pump. From what I read, the cleanser is very thick and has a "tar - like" consistency. I didn't get that from the first pump - it was watery. I wound up unscrewing the pump to get the "true" product out.  
I left mine for 5 mins today cuz I'm sick and not feeling like washing my face twice, mmm mine is gel-like ish 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I left mine for 5 mins today cuz I'm sick and not feeling like washing my face twice, mmm mine is gel-like ish 
Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon.

I'm supposed to receive mine today...can't wait to try it!

Back