Birchbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh wow.  I hope that those usps workers are okay.  Did you contact bbx about this issue?
It was another semi that hit the USPS semi - then both caught fire - the interstate was shut down pretty much all day on that side and I think I read only one lane of the other side was open.  They are saying to still expect 20-30 minute delays in the morning (happened at around 6am this morning.)  BUT - I haven't seen any reports on the drivers so hopefully that's a good thing.

Nah - I've never had to contact BB about anything. Yet. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Even when my regular boxes were late, they were always on the ball with a credit or something for the trouble.

I'll give it a few more days, since it usually takes 7-8 days to get here normally, anyway.  

It just SEEMS longer for this one because I don't know what's in it! lol I hate that!!

Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was another semi that hit the USPS semi - then both caught fire - the interstate was shut down pretty much all day on that side and I think I read only one lane of the other side was open.  They are saying to still expect 20-30 minute delays in the morning (happened at around 6am this morning.)  BUT - I haven't seen any reports on the drivers so hopefully that's a good thing.

Nah - I've never had to contact BB about anything. Yet. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Even when my regular boxes were late, they were always on the ball with a credit or something for the trouble.

I'll give it a few more days, since it usually takes 7-8 days to get here normally, anyway.  

It just SEEMS longer for this one because I don't know what's in it! lol I hate that!!
Wow. That's crazy. re: fire

I hear you on that.  This is the first time in a while that I've been surprised.  I just asked their twitter to manually update my account so I can review for points.  I'm close to getting 100 points.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I experienced a purging period when I started using the Peter Thomas Roth acne products.  This was the first time my skin had done that, but the stuff I use now works so much better than anything I've used in the past.  I don't know how true it is, but I believe the claim.
Can I ask what you use now?

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Allegedly all the breaking out that happens from your skin purging all the impurities as older layers are coming up to the surface.

However, I have no idea if that is a legitimate claim, or some clever marketing spin by the clarisonic people. 
Depends, for some people its a purge. For others, like myself, it just doesn't work. I had mine for the full 3 months, used it at varying frequencies, waited for the breakouts to clear, and tried 3 different brush heads before I decided that people who say "oh you are just using the wrong brush head, clarisonic works for everyone" aren't always right.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Depends, for some people its a purge. For others, like myself, it just doesn't work. I had mine for the full 3 months, used it at varying frequencies, waited for the breakouts to clear, and tried 3 different brush heads before I decided that people who say "oh you are just using the wrong brush head, clarisonic works for everyone" aren't always right.
My skin was actually way better over the two week period when I was hiking in the mountains...far, far away from my clarisonic and only using a wet bandana to wipe the grime off of my face.

I've tried using it so many different ways.  Once a day...once every other...etc, different brush heads, different cleansers...I've yet to find the perfect combination that works for me.  There are still small breakouts on my face.  And, I think, a lot of it also depends on what you eat/drink.  I am a complete lover of all the foods that wreck havoc on your skin.  

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My skin was actually way better over the two week period when I was hiking in the mountains...far, far away from my clarisonic and only using a wet bandana to wipe the grime off of my face.

I've tried using it so many different ways.  Once a day...once every other...etc, different brush heads, different cleansers...I've yet to find the perfect combination that works for me.  There are still small breakouts on my face.  And, I think, a lot of it also depends on what you eat/drink.  I am a complete lover of all the foods that wreck havoc on your skin.  
Yes nutrition plays a much larger role in your skins appearance, than the tool you use to clean your skin.  

Originally Posted by MrsMeow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my second BB (gifted 3 months to myself earlier this month).  My welcome box had Juicy Couture La La, a purple twistband headband, Whish shaving cream, an emery board, Make makeup remover, and Make lipstick (can't remember the color...dark red?).  I am so weird...I gifted myself a sub and am already regretting it a bit because I have so many darn samples!  I may have to make up a box to give to my SIL.  Or create a trade list.
This is the box I got today too! I am actually really excited about the headband and make products! For me, it was a very good box. 

Pretty bummed. My first box contains the nail strips (hate hate hate nail strips), twistband (I'll use it but won't reach for it that much), Whish (only thing I'm excited about), the acne serum stuff (might use it but probably won't), and of course the file which always come in handy!

My bb was mostly skin care stuff but it's probably better cause I have a lot of makeup and the blemish serum (forget which brand it is) came in handy (and works btw).  I also got the bb glow sample and it's nice.  Happy with my box.  Really love the Nick Chavez color shampoo!

Originally Posted by JLR594 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been subscribed to BB since August and am surprised that there are only four boxes I should not be receiving due to duplicates.  There are also twelve boxes that I shouldn't be getting due to those boxes including products that are the total opposite of my profile.  But we all know how that goes ;-)  I'd hope to get a box that includes six items since I only got a five item box last month.  But I already know my box is a lighter weight. 

Anyway, I am very disappointed to see that they are not sampling Hot Mama at all this month.  I never got it and really wanted to try it.  I have wrote to theBalm before to ask for a sample of Stainiac and never got a response not even a no from them so I'm discouraged about writing to them again to ask for a sample of the Hot Mama.  I wonder if BB will ever sample Hot Mama or Stainiac again?

I really hope I don't get Benetint in my box because I have already tried it and am not a fan.  It doesn't seem to blend well at all.  Maybe I should mix it in something to make it more blendable but don't know what I should use to do that.

I'm scared to look at which box I'm actually getting.  I will in a bit, though.
Just a note - I received Staniac in one of my early boxes and was NOT impressed.  Didn't blend or sit on my skin well at all and I have normal skin.

I ordered the sample of the blemish stuff directly from the company earlier this week and its here already! The samples are .23 oz each, very nice. It was easy to control the pump so that it only dispensed a little bit of product. Just applied it!

I ordered the sample of the blemish stuff directly from the company earlier this week and its here already! The samples are .23 oz each, very nice. It was easy to control the pump so that it only dispensed a little bit of product. Just applied it!
Did you order the free trial ? I don't think that's the normal sample size I think that's the travel size. But if that's what they're shipping I don't mind- I just ordered it!

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice!
five.gif
I know I was impressed because I got a shipping notice just a couple of hours after I ordered the samples. Can't wait to try, let us know how you like it .

What's everyone's opinion on the blemish serum? I've been using it for awhile, since I got it in my glossy box last month. It's effective for getting ride of any pimples I've had. I get the occasional pimple.. Nothing too serious. However I was hoping for better results with lightening dark spots. Since I have two decent sized samples I probably won't repurchase atleast for a long time. Anyone have any suggestions for a dark spot treatment? I have two spots on my cheek that I can't seem to lighten to where I feel I don't need to wear concealer.

Originally Posted by JLR594 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been subscribed to BB since August and am surprised that there are only four boxes I should not be receiving due to duplicates.  There are also twelve boxes that I shouldn't be getting due to those boxes including products that are the total opposite of my profile.  But we all know how that goes ;-)  I'd hope to get a box that includes six items since I only got a five item box last month.  But I already know my box is a lighter weight. 

Anyway, I am very disappointed to see that they are not sampling Hot Mama at all this month.  I never got it and really wanted to try it.  I have wrote to theBalm before to ask for a sample of Stainiac and never got a response not even a no from them so I'm discouraged about writing to them again to ask for a sample of the Hot Mama.  I wonder if BB will ever sample Hot Mama or Stainiac again?

I really hope I don't get Benetint in my box because I have already tried it and am not a fan.  It doesn't seem to blend well at all.  Maybe I should mix it in something to make it more blendable but don't know what I should use to do that.

I'm scared to look at which box I'm actually getting.  I will in a bit, though.
I have Stainiac and find that Benetint and Posietint last way longer and blend better.  If you're using Benetint as a cheek stain, I find it easier to apply with my fingers - I put a swipe on my middle finger and use my middle and ring fingers to blend it into my cheeks.  I have to use about twice as much as I use on my lips, but it blends very nicely for me.  I'm sure Birchbox will sample Hot Mama again, but I've been waiting for a Stainiac sample since September.  I have Prom Queen and want to try Homecoming Queen.  I don't know why though.  I can't get it to last longer than 4 or 5 hours on my lips - and that's without eating or drinking anything and, during those 4-5 hours, the color isn't too even.  When it starts to wear off, it looks like I'm only wearing poorly-applied lip liner.  I honestly wouldn't recommend Stainiac unless you're willing to reapply it and be super careful.  I guess I want to try Homecoming Queen (and maybe Beauty Queen) because I love lip stains and, like Pokemon, I "gotta catch 'em all."  Benetint and Posietint, on the other hand, last all day for me - with eating, drinking, etc.  I apply it around 6.30am and it still looks fantastic at 8pm.

I received Hot Mama in a trade.  I'm glad I didn't buy the full-sized one.  It's too warm and has a lot of gold shimmer.  It just doesn't work for me.  I'm sure Birchbox will send out more Hot Mama samples though.  It seems to be pretty popular.

Has Birchbox ever sent out Nars samples?  I've heard a lot about Orgasm and want to try it - just not enough to go to the mall and see if my local Sephora.

Did you order the free trial ? I don't think that's the normal sample size I think that's the travel size. But if that's what they're shipping I don't mind- I just ordered it!
Yes,the one where you pay just under three bucks for shipping.

Has Birchbox ever sent out Nars samples?  I've heard a lot about Orgasm and want to try it - just not enough to go to the mall and see if my local Sephora.
I got a sample of The Multiple in South Beach as well as Illuminator in Orgasm in my first few Birchboxes. But that was well over 2 years ago. I haven't seen any Nars samples since.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have Stainiac and find that Benetint and Posietint last way longer and blend better.  If you're using Benetint as a cheek stain, I find it easier to apply with my fingers - I put a swipe on my middle finger and use my middle and ring fingers to blend it into my cheeks.  I have to use about twice as much as I use on my lips, but it blends very nicely for me.  I'm sure Birchbox will sample Hot Mama again, but I've been waiting for a Stainiac sample since September.  I have Prom Queen and want to try Homecoming Queen.  I don't know why though.  I can't get it to last longer than 4 or 5 hours on my lips - and that's without eating or drinking anything and, during those 4-5 hours, the color isn't too even.  When it starts to wear off, it looks like I'm only wearing poorly-applied lip liner.  I honestly wouldn't recommend Stainiac unless you're willing to reapply it and be super careful.  I guess I want to try Homecoming Queen (and maybe Beauty Queen) because I love lip stains and, like Pokemon, I "gotta catch 'em all."  Benetint and Posietint, on the other hand, last all day for me - with eating, drinking, etc.  I apply it around 6.30am and it still looks fantastic at 8pm.

I received Hot Mama in a trade.  I'm glad I didn't buy the full-sized one.  It's too warm and has a lot of gold shimmer.  It just doesn't work for me.  I'm sure Birchbox will send out more Hot Mama samples though.  It seems to be pretty popular.

Orgasm is a pretty universally flattering shade and very popular, the price is pretty steep for blush but it's been my go to blush for years.  I think you'd be satisfied with it, I love NARS products.  Their eyeshadow base is also the best I've ever found.  The only samples of NARS I've seen have come from my Sephora online orders. 

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't rejoin until the 8th (my last pay day) so that's why my box was late.

I got the welcome box but it looked just like a March box.

It included the whish shaving cream (smells like flintstones vitamins for kids, lol), juicy couture la la (two juicy perfumes broke me out so far even though i like them =/), a mini make lipstick and eye makeup remover, a purple twistband, and the emery board. I'm very happy with this box.  If only they could update it so i can get points that would be nice because i'm about to do a benefit haul.
Got the same welcome box today for my gift sub. Yay! 

I cannot pull off that red lipstick, but I know someone who can.  I really like the eye makeup remover, too.

Now on to April!

Latest posts

Back