Birchbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE the St. Tropez, I literally ran out of my bottle yesterday, its one of the few products I consistently use and have to repurchase. I am debating getting the Dark one next seeing as this next bottle will cover summer.

It's wayyy cheaper than spray tanning and not going to kill me like tanning beds. 

I grew up in an area with lots of sun and I was tan all my life, now I'm pasty living in the overcast fog town of San Fran.

St. Tropez helps hide the pasty.
LOOOOOVE St.Tropez too! It is so natural looking. I am always shocked when i hear people, especially pale pasty people, complain about getting tanning products in their birchbox and say it doesn't fit their profile.... DUH its because you are pasty pale! Who do you think they are going to send it to, tan or dark skinned women?!  I think that most people who dislike self tanning products have used a bad one and turned orange and then it became a turnoff. If they tried a good one like St.Tropez they may think differently. Thats just my opinion...and for those of you who still disagree i completely understand, because no matter what anyone says I will NEVER be happy to get any sort fragrance/perfume in my birchbox, even if you tell me I am stinky & need it :)

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOOOOOVE St.Tropez too! It is so natural looking. I am always shocked when i hear people, especially pale pasty people, complain about getting tanning products in their birchbox and say it doesn't fit their profile.... DUH its because you are pasty pale! Who do you think they are going to send it to, tan or dark skinned women?!  I think that most people who dislike self tanning products have used a bad one and turned orange and then it became a turnoff. If they tried a good one like St.Tropez they may think differently. Thats just my opinion...and for those of you who still disagree i completely understand, because no matter what anyone says I will NEVER be happy to get any sort fragrance/perfume in my birchbox, even if you tell me I am stinky & need it :)
Its hard to explain to people that there are better and worse self tanners. St. Tropez is so green tinted that don't get the cheeto orange color like the cheep-o bottles. 

and yea, it kinda makes sense to send the tanning products to the lighter spectrum of skin tones :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm trying to hold out for a sephora promo code or something to order a new bottle, but I just ordered a north face fleece so there went pretty much all my extra spending money.

I'm on the pale and proud wagon, but that doesn't mean it upsets me to get self tanner in a box.  It might not be my favorite thing but I'm not insulted by it.  I ended up trying the Comodynes and liking it well enough, still not something I'd buy or use regularly (only when I'm the whitest person in a wedding and don't want to mess up the lighting with my reflection) but it worked and looked good.  Plenty of people love their freckles, does that mean they shouldn't send full coverage foundation?

My skin tone is olive and i don't like tanning... i recieved the Comodynes wipes last year and tried them out of curiousity on my feet and they ended up looking orange like cheetos!  I really hope i dont get anymore tanning samples!

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on the pale and proud wagon, but that doesn't mean it upsets me to get self tanner in a box.  It might not be my favorite thing but I'm not insulted by it.  I ended up trying the Comodynes and liking it well enough, still not something I'd buy or use regularly (only when I'm the whitest person in a wedding and don't want to mess up the lighting with my reflection) but it worked and looked good.  Plenty of people love their freckles, does that mean they shouldn't send full coverage foundation?
Feel the same way.

Anyone see makecolour's pic on Instagram tonight? Looks like they are in the March box!

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nooooooooo!!!! I try to keep an open mind about products, but self tanners are the number one product I would be happy if I never saw again. My last breakup with BB was spurred partially by getting several boxes of nearly all packets, and partially getting self tanners every month they were offered. Sigh....
I LOVE the St. Tropez, I literally ran out of my bottle yesterday, its one of the few products I consistently use and have to repurchase. I am debating getting the Dark one next seeing as this next bottle will cover summer.

It's wayyy cheaper than spray tanning and not going to kill me like tanning beds. 

I grew up in an area with lots of sun and I was tan all my life, now I'm pasty living in the overcast fog town of San Fran.

If by chance I get it, I'll keep you in mind! lol

I am pale and very pink toned, I am unable to tan, and I don't like the look of tan skin on me when I've tried self tanners in the past. I'm happy being pale, so self tanner is literally the one kind of sample that is truly useless to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dislike tanning products because I LIKE being pale. I have no interest in being tan, naturally or artificially. I am very pink toned and am unable to tan anyway, so even the slightest bit of bronzer or self tanner looks unnatural on me. 

It is truly the one kind of sample that is truly useless to me! And I've gotten them from BB several times, so it's obvious they don't approve of my pasty paleness, lol...but I like it!

I'll take all of your perfume samples and you can have my tanners. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dislike tanning products because I LIKE being pale. I have no interest in being tan, naturally or artificially. I am very pink toned and am unable to tan anyway, so even the slightest bit of bronzer or self tanner looks unnatural on me. 

It is truly the one kind of sample that is truly useless to me! And I've gotten them from BB several times, so it's obvious they don't approve of my pasty paleness, lol...but I like it!

I'll take all of your perfume samples and you can have my tanners. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
giiiiiirl... you and me both.  I've always been so incredibly pale, but skin cancer runs on BOTH sides of my family, so I'm not about to hop out there and start baking.  Every fake tanner I've ever tried makes me look like an Oompa Loompa on a Cheetos binge, so I just channel my inner Jane Austen and rock my alabaster skin.  

I'm so excited I found the Missha BB Cream.  42 SPF? Bring it.  Hopefully, I won't even need a separate "summer" foundation shade this year!

THIS LOOKS AWESOME. 
claps.gif

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone see makecolour's pic on Instagram tonight? Looks like they are in the March box!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

giiiiiirl... you and me both.  I've always been so incredibly pale, but skin cancer runs on BOTH sides of my family, so I'm not about to hop out there and start baking.  Every fake tanner I've ever tried makes me look like an Oompa Loompa on a Cheetos binge, so I just channel my inner Jane Austen and rock my alabaster skin.  

I'm so excited I found the Missha BB Cream.  42 SPF? Bring it.  Hopefully, I won't even need a separate "summer" foundation shade this year!
LMAO! That's awesome! I don't really ever need a fake tanner, well maybe when I'm up in NY. But when I'm back home I go to the beach at least once a month <3 I miss home 
icon_cry.gif
 Also I'm afraid to look like an Oompa Loompa too!

wow....... not everyone wants to look tan... i find pale skin beautiful i wish i could be even lighter than i am!

Its hard to explain to people that there are better and worse self tanners. St. Tropez is so green tinted that don't get the cheeto orange color like the cheep-o bottles. 

and yea, it kinda makes sense to send the tanning products to the lighter spectrum of skin tones :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm trying to hold out for a sephora promo code or something to order a new bottle, but I just ordered a north face fleece so there went pretty much all my extra spending money.

I just received my St. Tropez self tanner yesterday. It is the TSV on QVC March 12. The large 16.9 oz bronzing mousse with two mitts is about $60 with s&h & tax. They have it on three payments right now but I don't know if they will have them on the day they present it. The item number is A234660 for one shipment, or A234670 for auto delivery. There is one on Amazon I also want to try out called St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse in dark. The beauty bloggers give it great reviews.

Ahhh, my pale fair friends lol...I'm right there with you! I have a strong Irish heritage so I've got that peaches n cream pale complexion as well, and honestly, cant tan, wont tan, will never tan...it would just look bizarre on me! lol Luckily, my hubby just adores my fair skin and never wants me to tan. It wouldnt really matter if I received a tanning product though, I'd just give it to a friend :)

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I was trying to say about the St. Tropez, its literally the only one I have ever tried (and 10000 other glowing reviews back me up on this claim) that DOESN'T TURN YOU ORANGE. No matter how light you are, or dark it seriously looks bronzed. Now its a different story if you don't like your skin tanned, but for girls who can't tan because they turn pink and roast instead of tan, this can help you overcome that.

Also there is a lot of new research coming out saying that any amount of sun exposure you get as long as you never get burned doesn't affect your chances of getting cancer.. and Vitamin D is really good for you, plus it does wonders for people who have acne prone skin.

Thankfully my skin holds a suntan really really well, I can generally go months without losing the tan line... I still have one from one day out at the pool in Vegas in Sept. lol, I just like to boost it for events. 

but then again, every day or body kills off one cell that if left alone would cause cancer, so you are at risk for cancer every day regardless of exposure.

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly if I had to guess those are for Birchbox UK. 

also... 45 followers, really? I don't trust any brands legitimacy with under 10k followers minimum.

...yeah now that I think of it we don't usually get cool stuff like this and it probably is from Birchbox UK. 

I looooove weseebeauty's website from a design/art standpoint. I think everything on there is incredibly beautiful. I know they don't have many followers, but weseebeauty/MAKE is still fairly new (right? correct me if i'm wrong) and its not like, super well known or anything. The foundation's concept is micro-finance-y in nature. I think the concept/foundation/brand as a whole is such a wonderful idea and their makeup line intrigues me. That being said, yeah, I hope we see their stuff in our boxes 
frown.gif
 Their products look sooooo pretty and simple!

ETA: they're giving out free samples with orders. so tempting.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/beauty/2013/01/We-See-Beauty-Paving-the-Way-for-a-More-Beautiful-World

Sadly if I had to guess those are for Birchbox UK. 

also... 45 followers, really? I don't trust any brands legitimacy with under 10k followers minimum.

wow....... not everyone wants to look tan... i find pale skin beautiful i wish i could be even lighter than i am!
Yeah but you shouldn't be offended if they send you fake tanning stuff. They aren't telling you pale is bad, but a ton of women do want to be tan and I'm glad they are pushing the fake tan, so more women will try it over the really harmful methods.

Back