Birchbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sadly if I had to guess those are for Birchbox UK. 

also... 45 followers, really? I don't trust any brands legitimacy with under 10k followers minimum.
Starlooks only has 2,500 and they happen to be a awesome company. You could be missing some great stuff if you use a brands number of followers as a baseline for legitimacy.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Starlooks only has 2,500 and they happen to be a awesome company. You could be missing some great stuff if you use a brands number of followers as a baseline for legitimacy.
I agree. Besides, some companies are more aggressive about their social media presence than others, and this doesn't make them any more or less legitimate, just perhaps less well-known or branded, particularly among the younger more tech-friendly set. That being said....45 is pretty low. If an individual can easily top a company that's kind of a red flag.

It feels like there is some hate going on just because some people don't want a tanner in their boxes. 
icon_confused.gif
 (Maybe I am reading into it)

I'm one of those who don't want it. I'm not offended - that would be silly.  I would rather slather myself in high SPF and let my olive toned skin do what it normally does.  I don't like the baked look but I like that my skin warms up a bit after some sun.  I worked night shift for many years and even though I work in the day now - I'm inside from sun up to sun down.  I need my Vit. D! 
w00t.gif

I just don't like them, but I think it's great for those who can rock it.

Yup and jouer only has 1500, and they are big enough to be sold at (some) nordstroms

I know there's been a lot of talk about self tanning, but I wonder if the blue bottles are Moroccanoil? I just saw an Allure Instagram pic today and they showed a couple of bottles that reminded me of the preview of the Birchbox sneak peek vid. BB definitely seems to be on a hair/volume/curl kick lately...

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In a fb contest from birchbox. Mirenesse lip bomb in the background. Spoiler?
LOVE Mirenesse. A bit overpriced, but it's the ONLY brand I've tried that makes a lip gloss that is not sticky and gives a great color. I also love the lip bombs too!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOVE Mirenesse. A bit overpriced, but it's the ONLY brand I've tried that makes a lip gloss that is not sticky and gives a great color. I also love the lip bombs too!
I can see some people being upset if they send the same item Ipsy has sent before. I wouldnt mind getting one since I wasn't subscribed to Ipsy when they were sent out.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see some people being upset if they send the same item Ipsy has sent before. I wouldnt mind getting one since I wasn't subscribed to Ipsy when they were sent out.
Meh, it would be pretty lame to complain about a repeat from ANOTHER sub service lol. I'm sure the Facebook mob will though. And probably angrily witch that Birchbox is copying Ipsy or something.

Ehhhh...yeah....dupe samples are sent through diff sub services all the time. That's just the particular company getting their name out there in various boxes. Wouldn't bother me.

That's what trade lists are for. Dupes of products you don't want, or just getting rid of products you don't want. Even if I get something I don't want, I get excited because I know I can usually trade for something I do!

Meh, it would be pretty lame to complain about a repeat from ANOTHER sub service lol. I'm sure the Facebook mob will though. And probably angrily witch that Birchbox is copying Ipsy or something.
You know that's what they will do.  Ugh, BB's FB page is the worst.

I'm excited for March.  But...I'm excited for every month, so...

I hate reading most of the comments posted on BBs  fb page, some of the people there are profesional complainers lol.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its a really easy way to eliminate a lot of illegitimate stuff in life, if the page is active and responding to people then it's probably okay, 

but then again social media pays all my bills and affords me lots of things, so I look at it with a much more discerning eye

the best indication is actually the engagement you get on your social media, if you have 1000 followers and get 100 RT's every time, that's at crazy Justin Bieber engagement, and you obviously are well liked by your fans.

conversely if you have 100,000 fans and get 3 RT's then chances are you paid money for fake fans and when I see that I question their motives, fake promotion could be a sign of other sketchy business practices.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In a fb contest from birchbox. Mirenesse lip bomb in the background. Spoiler?
I loved the lip bomb we got from Ipsy a few months ago, so I wouldn't mind if BB sent us more. But I'm sure this spoiler is really for the Sedu argan oil if anything :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm moving to the lake this summer and I'm a pale girl that just doesn't tan- I'm really hoping to get a sample of the st tropez- I've been looking for a good self tanner for years- I usually use Sally Hansen spray- it's still a little Oompa lumpa-ish.  

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay!  I am ready for March!  March 2012 was good to me BB wise.  7 items to review and it weighed over 1lb!
Whaaaat! I got 5 items (one of which was a tiny perfume sample, one of which was a piece of chocolate) totally jealous!

Yay!  I am ready for March!  March 2012 was good to me BB wise.  7 items to review and it weighed over 1lb!
Whaaaat! I got 5 items (one of which was a tiny perfume sample, one of which was a piece of chocolate) totally jealous!
Bb sent chocolate last march? I got the teen vogue box that month.

Back