BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I try to mentally curate my dream box (well, realistic dream box). I guess if I had to pick one for March...

• A tinted lip balm or lip scrub (lip scrub would be great!)
  • Sea salt spray (never gotten one from Birchbox, despite constantly getting hair products)
  • Something with hyaluronic acid in it (perhaps a balancing moisturizer?)
  • Either a snack or something stationary related since next semester starts on Monday

I finally tried the 100% Pure Night Cream I got in January. Holy crap. What a nightmare. The first problem is that it did absolute nothing to sooth the dehydration in my face after my showers at bedtime. Combine that with my indescribably oily skin, it felt like a heavy, greasy mask on top of my face. The worst part is that it broke me out something proper. I don't normally experience breakouts from new products, but this stuff did it to me really quickly. I'd really not like another sample from 100% Pure. This is the second product from them I haven't liked, and I'm not really inclined to try anymore. 

I finally tried the 100% Pure Night Cream I got in January. Holy crap. What a nightmare. The first problem is that it did absolute nothing to sooth the dehydration in my face after my showers at bedtime. Combine that with my indescribably oily skin, it felt like a heavy, greasy mask on top of my face. The worst part is that it broke me out something proper. I don't normally experience breakouts from new products, but this stuff did it to me really quickly. I'd really not like another sample from 100% Pure. This is the second product from them I haven't liked, and I'm not really inclined to try anymore. 
I have yet to get a 100% Pure product I like too. I got a blush stick and lipstick from Abe's Market last year. The texture was greasy and slid all over my face. The mascara from Birchbox a month or two back was ineffective at best. I devoutly hope not to see too much more from them as well.

I will take all of the tea, ladies. 
12.gif
 I'm hoping March brings some great, deluxe sized portable items. I'm gonna be couch surfing while doing an internship in a different city, so that would be oh so convenient. 

Yay, I'm excited to start thinking about March boxes!  This month I would like to get a lip balm with spf and a nice body wash or lotion.  I also wouldn't mind tea.  I drink it pretty often and enjoy trying different brands and flavors.  I've been feeling left out since the past few times BB sent out tea I didn't receive any.

Off topic, but does anyone know if you purchase a gift subscription, do you get points for it? I was thinking of buying my sister a six month sub for her birthday, but I want to know if I'll get points for purchasing a $60 sub.

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Off topic, but does anyone know if you purchase a gift subscription, do you get points for it? I was thinking of buying my sister a six month sub for her birthday, but I want to know if I'll get points for purchasing a $60 sub.
Yes, you do.  I purchased my mom a six month gift sub a few months back and got points for it.  Don't forget to get a plus two pack!

Looking forward to... TEA! Send me all the tea, Birchbox! I'm actually not being sarcastic :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, you do.  I purchased my mom a six month gift sub a few months back and got points for it.  Don't forget to get a plus two pack!

Oh, cool! Did you have to use a special code or anything to get points for the gift sub, or was it automatic? Also, would the plus two go to me or my sister? I don't care either way, especially since it'd just be more stuff for her to have. Just curious. Thanks for the help. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, cool! Did you have to use a special code or anything to get points for the gift sub, or was it automatic? Also, would the plus two go to me or my sister? I don't care either way, especially since it'd just be more stuff for her to have. Just curious. Thanks for the help. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The plus two will go to you. There will be a section where you can put the address for any of your purchases (your plus 2) and if you want it to go to your sister you can put the address in there, but it should automatically default to yours. 

No, you should not need a code.  It should happen automatically.  The plus two will go to you.

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The plus two will go to you. There will be a section where you can put the address for any of your purchases (your plus 2) and if you want it to go to your sister you can put the address in there, but it should automatically default to yours. 

Man. That's so cool. Thank you! 

I am so ready for a March box. My Feb box was so wrong for me, and March is my bday month, so that means it will be good, right? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish I could get: Benetint, Whish body butter, amika anything, lipstick, and some good nail polish. I wouldn't be sad to get a Chauo.

I would love some blush in my March box. I also wouldn't mind getting tea. I recently started drinking tea, so I would love to try some new brands/flavors.

I have 2 subs so I'm gonna wish for: Lipstick- I haven't received one in ages BP oil- I got it on my main acct last month but would love to get it on sub 2. This stuff is super awesome! Pore minimizer-still looking for my HG BB cream in a light shade Facial cleanser- fresh or caudalie would be fabulous A lovely soy candle as an extra--does BB ever do candles? Shower gel in a nice scent- coconut lime or something wonderful Shampoo/conditioner- Sulfate/paraben free please Dry shampoo-I can never have enough dry shampoo. I go through it so quickly! Please and thank you BB😄

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am so ready for a March box. My Feb box was so wrong for me, and March is my bday month, so that means it will be good, right? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish I could get: Benetint, Whish body butter, amika anything, lipstick, and some good nail polish. I wouldn't be sad to get a Chauo.
Yay for March birthdays! My husband, sister and I also have March birthdays, along with 3 other family members. I always wondered what happened 9 months prior, which I think I've narrowed down to Memorial weekend. Your wish lish sounds awesome. I actually hope mine shows up on my actual birthday, and based on my past experience, there is a pretty good chance it will!

I think my main hopes at this point are hoping-againsts:  No mascara (don't wear it), liquid liner (ditto), red lipstick (I'm just overloaded on it), hair styling/hold products (hate them), lip plumpers (hate them and DO NOT NEED), perfume (unless we're talking about an indie/niche perfumer), sunscreen (can't wear it), or anything involving the term "anti-aging" (my sensitive skin *hates* it).  Or anything foundation-esque, since they can't get the right shade to me.  I am *not* going to wear something that's the wrong color all day just to see how it wears, even if I'm home by myself all day.

Always welcome:  Sparkly lip gloss (see:  benefit Sugarbomb.  I absolutely love that formula!), non-black eye pencil, body wash, hair oil (even though I have plenty of other brands, pleaseohplease send me some Beauty Protector oil!), leave-in hair conditioning treatment, hand cream, cream blush, and fruity or Earl Grey tea.  I love nail polish, but between my Square Hue and Scratch subs, I'm fine with not getting any from Birchbox.  I love eye shadow, too, but I have so much of those (plus my Glamour Doll Eyes addiction and subscription) that I'm good with not getting any from Birchbox.  (I also have plenty of eyeliner pencils, too, but "plenty" is not "enough," so they can keep those coming as long as they're not black or gray!)

Ooh!  I just noticed that they have added Marcelle waterproof eyeliner pencils to the store!  A friend in Canada sent me one of these (in Purple Rain) last year, and it was *amazing* and didn't melt on me like everything else I've tried including UD 24/7 pencils and stila smudgesticks, so I emailed Birchbox specifically to beg them to carry them.  And now they do!  And they're only eleven bucks!  I might have to break out that anniversary discount code after all!

I think my main hopes at this point are hoping-againsts:  No mascara (don't wear it), liquid liner (ditto), red lipstick (I'm just overloaded on it), hair styling/hold products (hate them), lip plumpers (hate them and DO NOT NEED), perfume (unless we're talking about an indie/niche perfumer), sunscreen (can't wear it), or anything involving the term "anti-aging" (my sensitive skin *hates* it).  Or anything foundation-esque, since they can't get the right shade to me.  I am *not* going to wear something that's the wrong color all day just to see how it wears, even if I'm home by myself all day. Always welcome:  Sparkly lip gloss (see:  benefit Sugarbomb.  I absolutely love that formula!), non-black eye pencil, body wash, hair oil (even though I have plenty of other brands, pleaseohplease send me some Beauty Protector oil!), leave-in hair conditioning treatment, hand cream, cream blush, and fruity or Earl Grey tea.  I love nail polish, but between my Square Hue and Scratch subs, I'm fine with not getting any from Birchbox.  I love eye shadow, too, but I have so much of those (plus my Glamour Doll Eyes addiction and subscription) that I'm good with not getting any from Birchbox.  (I also have plenty of eyeliner pencils, too, but "plenty" is not "enough," so they can keep those coming as long as they're not black or gray!) Ooh!  I just noticed that they have added Marcelle waterproof eyeliner pencils to the store!  A friend in Canada sent me one of these (in Purple Rain) last year, and it was *amazing* and didn't melt on me like everything else I've tried including UD 24/7 pencils and stila smudgesticks, so I emailed Birchbox specifically to beg them to carry them.  And now they do!  And they're only eleven bucks!  I might have to break out that anniversary discount code after all!
Ooh! Thanks for the tip on the eye pencils! I don't have melting all over the place, but it's bad in the outer corners of my eyes... I'm constantly dabbing and wiping at it.

Does BB ever send out hair styling products? Besides hairspray, dry shampoo, salt spray, oil, or leave in conditioner? I'd love to try some blow out spray, mousse, or something volumizing for my fine hair!

Back