BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a March baby too! Yay for march bday's! I would really like to try Benefit's "It's Potent" eye cream or their "Girl Meets Pearl" or "That Gal" or anything Smashbox. I hope they give us stuff from the US Weekly boxes. I have noticed that I will get things in my box months after they were shown in the sneak peek video, so I hope this month is no exception! There were so many things I wanted to try (although no complaints on my box last month. I got a goodness after getting crappy ones for a couple months in a row) . One can hope!
I'm mad at myself for spending money on the it's potent eye cream. It did nothing for my under eye circles and kinda burned my eyes. And it was super greasy feeling.

Ooh! Good to know. Thank you so much!
No problem! I'm sure it might work for some people, just not for me unfortunately. The benefit exfoliating face scrub and the moisturizing toner are very nice though. The toner takes a ton of gunk off my face that I didn't even know was there!

After rummaging through the stash today, I need a night cream. I use a face lotion with spf in the day but I need something else for night time.

i will take all of the tea, juicy perfumes, pens and food from all of the people that don't want it if i could, lol.  i'm saying this as i'm chewing on a chuao bar and about to brew some of that harney and sons tea, lol
Agreed! I there was a birchbox: treats edition, I would totally sub to that.

me too! that would be a good birchbox spinoff!
I know food subs exist but I just can't justify signing up for them lol. I don't keep snack foods in the house so when birchbox sends me treats it's too wonderful.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed! I there was a birchbox: treats edition, I would totally sub to that.
Oh man, they need to get on that ASAP! I would sub to 3 boxes of that!

Giggling about everyone complaining about getting Tea in their boxes.  Why?  Because last year at this time everyone was complaining about getting the hair ties.  haha.  We can't win!  I'm generally pretty happy with my boxes.  I don't look to see what I am getting AND I save up my points for major purchases.  I'm at 400 right meow.  I've found so many products that I just simply cannot live without. I never would have found them without Birchbox.  My only concern right now is how long it is going to be before they raise the prices.  If they do...I better be getting those UK boxes. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Shatae /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Giggling about everyone complaining about getting Tea in their boxes.  Why?  Because last year at this time everyone was complaining about getting the hair ties.  haha.  We can't win!  I'm generally pretty happy with my boxes.  I don't look to see what I am getting AND I save up my points for major purchases.  I'm at 400 right meow.  I've found so many products that I just simply cannot live without. I never would have found them without Birchbox.  My only concern right now is how long it is going to be before they raise the prices.  If they do...I better be getting those UK boxes. 
I don't see them raising their prices any time soon, its been $10 for what almost 3 years now? None of the established beauty boxes have, as far as I know. I think the only thing that could possibly play a factor in to the pricing of the boxes is shipping costs, since I think most samples are given by companies.

Subbing for updates!

I think I would like:

• Eye shadow primer. I literally never buy this stuff. I live off sample to sample. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm cheap thrifty. 
    happy.gif
  • Eyebrow Gel
  • Tea. I love coffee, but I drink too much of it. Tea has helped curb my addiction, so I would like to try more flavors/different brands.
  • Make up remover. I've tried a couple different kinds (liquid and lotion form) but I have not found one that I am in love with yet.

Things I wouldn't want:

• Mascara. I don't think I will need another mascara for at least a year.
  • Red lipstick.
  • Skin care or lotions.

On a side note, can anyone recommend a good nail polish remover? Particularly for removing glitter nail polish?

Quote: Originally Posted by NeisDreams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Subbing for updates!

I think I would like:

• Eye shadow primer. I literally never buy this stuff. I live off sample to sample. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm cheap thrifty. 
    happy.gif
  • Eyebrow Gel
  • Tea. I love coffee, but I drink too much of it. Tea has helped curb my addiction, so I would like to try more flavors/different brands.
  • Make up remover. I've tried a couple different kinds (liquid and lotion form) but I have not found one that I am in love with yet.

Things I wouldn't want:

• Mascara. I don't think I will need another mascara for at least a year.
  • Red lipstick.
  • Skin care or lotions.

On a side note, can anyone recommend a good nail polish remover? Particularly for removing glitter nail polish?
Zoya Remove + is my all time favorite, but I've also found Target's Up & Up brand one works really well & it's only 97 cents. 
wink.gif

Ah, I can't believe we're talking about March already!

Wish List: 

Serge Normant Dry Conditioner

Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser

Face mask or scrub

Brightly colored eyeliner (or at least, not black)

Please do not give me:

Tea (at this point I should get any since I've sampled ALL of the teas in both boxes, but my luck they'll introduce a new brand)

Mascara

Shampoo/Conditioner

Zoya Remove + is my all time favorite, but I've also found Target's Up & Up brand one works really well & it's only 97 cents.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'll 2nd Zoya Remove+. I got one of the flapper bottles (maybe 8 oz.) about a year ago and just keep it full with the 1 and 2 ounce bottles they often send with orders. It's like getting free refills!

My Feb box was meh. I got perfume AGAIN. I like perfume but.....not 4 months in a row! The tea didn't bother me so much, but I've only gotten it a couple of times. I actually almost unsubscribed a couple of days ago, but I'm at 169 points lol. I figure I'll see what March has to offer, get my points up to 200+ and then decide if I'm going to unsubscribe for April. I cancelled my Ipsy subscription on Friday b/c they always send me colors that don't end up working for me and I never use most of the stuff they send. 

Quote: Originally Posted by NeisDreams /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Zoya Remove + is my all time favorite, but I've also found Target's Up & Up brand one works really well & it's only 97 cents. 
wink.gif

Last time, I used the Target brand and just stuck the cotton ball on my finger for a minute or two, I was surprised how well the polish came off after that

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last time, I used the Target brand and just stuck the cotton ball on my finger for a minute or two, I was surprised how well the polish came off after that
yesss. agreed! i also don't want to let myself spend more than 97c on polish remover because i'm incredibly cheap. i used to like those dip and twist types from sally (maybe like $2 for a tiny jar?) that i would keep in my backpack. i want to like those dip and twist kinds soooo badly but they would always get super gross and i didn't like sticking my finger in there lol

Back