BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by tabarhodes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My Feb box was meh. I got perfume AGAIN. I like perfume but.....not 4 months in a row! The tea didn't bother me so much, but I've only gotten it a couple of times. I actually almost unsubscribed a couple of days ago, but I'm at 169 points lol. I figure I'll see what March has to offer, get my points up to 200+ and then decide if I'm going to unsubscribe for April. I cancelled my Ipsy subscription on Friday b/c they always send me colors that don't end up working for me and I never use most of the stuff they send. 

I'm not crazy about perfume samples either so I marked on my profile that I don't want more than 6 per year. I have definitely noticed that I receive fewer after that. Just in case you hadn't seen that feature of the profile!

Subbing for updates! I think I would like:
  • Eye shadow primer. I literally never buy this stuff. I live off sample to sample. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm cheap thrifty. :happy:
  • Eyebrow Gel
  • Tea. I love coffee, but I drink too much of it. Tea has helped curb my addiction, so I would like to try more flavors/different brands.
  • Make up remover. I've tried a couple different kinds (liquid and lotion form) but I have not found one that I am in love with yet.
Things I wouldn't want:

• Mascara. I don't think I will need another mascara for at least a year.
  • Red lipstick.
  • Skin care or lotions.
On a side note, can anyone recommend a good nail polish remover? Particularly for removing glitter nail polish?
Rip up a cotton ball to ten nail sizes pieces. You can usually find the end of it and unroll it first, that makes it so much easier. Then dip each piece in polish remover so it's saturated and place on each nail. I do one hand at a time, but you can do both at once. Get a new cotton ball and put it on one nail over a remover soaked cotton piece. With even pressure, pushing kind of hard, slide it straight off. Every bit of nail Polish should come off, sometimes you need to clean up a tiny bit still but this has always worked for me, even with glitter polishes. Got it off Pinterest.

Quote:Originally Posted by TippyAG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Rip up a cotton ball to ten nail sizes pieces. You can usually find the end of it and unroll it first, that makes it so much easier. Then dip each piece in polish remover so it's saturated and place on each nail. I do one hand at a time, but you can do both at once. Get a new cotton ball and put it on one nail over a remover soaked cotton piece. With even pressure, pushing kind of hard, slide it straight off. Every bit of nail Polish should come off, sometimes you need to clean up a tiny bit still but this has always worked for me, even with glitter polishes.

Got it off Pinterest.

This is how I remove my polish. Some polishes, especially glitter, you have to leave the cotton pieces on your nails for 2-3 minutes, but then it just slides right off.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Lorenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last time, I used the Target brand and just stuck the cotton ball on my finger for a minute or two, I was surprised how well the polish came off after that
yesss. agreed! i also don't want to let myself spend more than 97c on polish remover because i'm incredibly cheap. i used to like those dip and twist types from sally (maybe like $2 for a tiny jar?) that i would keep in my backpack. i want to like those dip and twist kinds soooo badly but they would always get super gross and i didn't like sticking my finger in there lol

the up and up dip jar has plastic scrubbers in it, not the sponge thing, so you can dump the remover when it's "dirty" and refill it

Quote: Originally Posted by TippyAG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by NeisDreams /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Subbing for updates!

I think I would like:
  • Eye shadow primer. I literally never buy this stuff. I live off sample to sample. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm cheap thrifty. 
    happy.gif
  • Eyebrow Gel
  • Tea. I love coffee, but I drink too much of it. Tea has helped curb my addiction, so I would like to try more flavors/different brands.
  • Make up remover. I've tried a couple different kinds (liquid and lotion form) but I have not found one that I am in love with yet.
Things I wouldn't want:
  • Mascara. I don't think I will need another mascara for at least a year.
  • Red lipstick.
  • Skin care or lotions.
On a side note, can anyone recommend a good nail polish remover? Particularly for removing glitter nail polish?

Rip up a cotton ball to ten nail sizes pieces. You can usually find the end of it and unroll it first, that makes it so much easier. Then dip each piece in polish remover so it's saturated and place on each nail. I do one hand at a time, but you can do both at once. Get a new cotton ball and put it on one nail over a remover soaked cotton piece. With even pressure, pushing kind of hard, slide it straight off. Every bit of nail Polish should come off, sometimes you need to clean up a tiny bit still but this has always worked for me, even with glitter polishes.

Got it off Pinterest. This was the first method I used for getting glitter polish off! yay for pinterest!

my box last month didn't have me SUPER excited, but I'm hoping for something great for March as my Dad just passed and something amazing showing up in my mail box would help brighten my mood a little and right now even a little mood brightening is appreciated.

my box last month didn't have me SUPER excited, but I'm hoping for something great for March as my Dad just passed and something amazing showing up in my mail box would help brighten my mood a little and right now even a little mood brightening is appreciated.
So sorry about your Dad. Here's to good Birchbox box vibes.

So sorry to hear about your dad. ((Virtual hugs))

Quote: Originally Posted by noxlunate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so sorry for your loss :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm so sorry. Sending all sorts of positive thoughts your way, both birchbox related and not. If you need to talk, feel free to send me a PM :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So sorry! OMG I feel your pain thru your post and the only thing I can say is that time heals. I personally have felt the love from other MUT members thru personal things and offer anything that may help. I also hope you have a great little box of surprises that bring you a smile. 

Oh my goodness, thank you everyone who said something. I can't even say how much that means to me and I'm sending positive birchbox vibes to everyone.

I am SO very sorry to hear about your loss........ Sending hugs and prayers your way!

{hug}

You know I wish these boxes would stagger a little bit. It'd be nice to get a box on the first and then another sub box on the 15th. Usually my boxes show up either the same day or within a couple days of one another and then I'm left feen-ing (sp?) the rest of the month! 
icon_eek.gif

So sorry to hear about your dad.  More positive energy heading your way.

March will be my 3rd month...I was giving BB a 3 month period to have boxes good enough to get me to stay. Well, BB roped me in in one! I honestly hope I get tea. I LOVE tea and would love to sample new brands and flavors. I'd also love a good treatment for under eye dark circles or puffiness. Those are my only wishes for this month! For now anyway haha! 

Back