BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic- but I have a compliment for their CS! I didn't get 50 points for a referral, and after I emailed them they gave me 100 points. So nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Birchbox Plus this month (no swatches??):

i did not get this email but it looks so cute! i wonder why they don't send it to everyone?

I got the email but unfortunately I have enough nail polish to last me a lifetime. The colors are very nice though.

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten this yet. Although, I got the Gorjana offer last month, so I guess I shouldn't complain.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They must be trying different things.  I actually got to choose between the polish and a DIY For the Makers {edited to correct company name} necklace:

Ready for a twist on your monthly Birchbox? Enter Birchbox Plus, an easy way to add must-have items to your monthly box.

This month, we want to introduce you to two up-and-coming brands: beauty startup Laqa & Co. and DIY dot-com For the Makers. For a limited time, you can choose to add either a feminine-with-an-edge Laqa & Co. polish duo or a ready-to-assemble For the Makers necklace to your box! Reserve your pick by 2/27 for $20 and it will be added to your March shipment automatically (on top of your usual samples). Limited supply available —act now!

530ba58c312de.jpg

I'm glad they have an extra item that isn't size-specific.

I really want that nail polish. I can't decide if I should be sad and jealous (the way I actually feel) or if I should be relieved that I'm saving $20.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really want it too, but I'd be more convinced to pull the trigger if there were some good swatches.

Am I the only one that think $20 extra for one item is a bit much? So far none of the items that they've offered seem worth the $20 to me, not to mention the $10 for the regular box on top of it. I feel like a $30 subscription box would have a lot more than a couple BB samples and a "make your own" necklace lol. But that's just me. I'm a cheapskate haha

I got the nail polish email on my second account.  Pondering if I need to do this or not..  I loooove nail polish but I wonder what the likelihood is that these will be included in boxes down the line?

Am I the only one that think $20 extra for one item is a bit much? So far none of the items that they've offered seem worth the $20 to me, not to mention the $10 for the regular box on top of it. I feel like a $30 subscription box would have a lot more than a couple BB samples and a "make your own" necklace lol. But that's just me. I'm a cheapskate haha
My thoughts exactly... I feel like they should be a $10 to $15 add on at most.... $20 just seems to be too much.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, totally my first thought as well. i dont feel like this duo of polishes are worth $10 each/$20 total in addition to my $10 spent on the box itself

What is that necklace?! I don't want to offend anyone, but wow... I know I wanted the add-on options but I was hoping for something a bit more, not that.

And yeah--polish, I have a zillion at this point. 

The DIY items Birchbox sells are rather interesting--they cost more than I would pay, for sure, and the DIY aspect for some of them is literally glue or some folding. Give us the benefit of the doubt and make them more DIY and not Do The Final Step. I just wonder at the factory their made at and if the people there think it is as funny as I do.

The Laqa & Co polishes are only $11 each on their website - granted, these colors aren't available on their site - but it's still not some grand amazing deal.  I mean, my boyfriend is getting a $50 tie in his march bb man.  And the whole price of that box is $20.  Why are they trying to squeeze us for $20 for an add on?

What is that necklace?! I don't want to offend anyone, but wow... I know I wanted the add-on options but I was hoping for something a bit more, not that. And yeah--polish, I have a zillion at this point.  The DIY items Birchbox sells are rather interesting--they cost more than I would pay, for sure, and the DIY aspect for some of them is literally glue or some folding. Give us the benefit of the doubt and make them more DIY and not Do The Final Step. I just wonder at the factory their made at and if the people there think it is as funny as I do.
I like the diy dyed tote bag. :) I wouldn't spend the $ on it since I have all the supplies to make it at home, but i think it looks cool!

I'm really hoping for some styling products this month.  I am pretty full up on makeup and most other products.  I am worried that I am getting to my saturation point with subscriptions.  I don't want to cancel because every time I consider it I end up going through a ton of product and then having big holes in my stash.  I guess I'm hoping for all the lifestyle extras this month, lol.  

for those of you who want to try the serge normant dry conditioner, i got it last month or whenever it was. i tried it about two times and wasn't a fan so the rest of the pretty generously sized can is just sitting on my desk.  

since i used it i wasn't going to put it on my trade list, but if anyone is ok with using up the rest of my sample i'm happy to send it to you!

it's been claimed!

I got the polish e-mail. I don't like the colors but would have still been tempted if it had only been a $10 add-on. $20 is insane. 

Latest posts

Back