Birchbox March 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will use everything, but not too excited about anything in particular (except maybe the Bee Venom mask).  The Beauty Protector Oil looks like it will be a mess to use.  I wish they had used a different type of packaging.
The Beauty Protector oil actually comes out really slowly, so it's not too bad to use.  I've received the BP and another hair oil in a similar vial and thought it was pretty decent packaging for the product.

I've been meaning to ask -- do we still get 10 points for sharing on FB/Twitter?  The link above my March products just says to share in order to get first dibs on PYS for April or something, but when I shared, I didn't get any points.

I just got a re subscribe email from Birchbox it looks like the sample choices for April are included, here's a screen shot: image.jpg

To me it looks like Jane Ireldale Lippie, pop beauty eyeshadow trio (I think Ipsy sent these a while back) and jouer blush/highlighter?

I'm happy to see makeup in spring shades for PYS!

I just got a re subscribe email from Birchbox it looks like the sample choices for April are included, here's a screen shot:
image.jpg

To me it looks like Jane Ireldale Lippie, pop beauty eyeshadow trio (I think Ipsy sent these a while back) and jouer blush/highlighter?

I'm happy to see makeup in spring shades for PYS!
I would have been indifferent, except that Pop shadow trio is...drugstore quality at best and bo-ring (at least for me) so I think I'm going to go with the Jane Iredale lippie. I'm a huge fan of her makeup!

I would have been indifferent, except that Pop shadow trio is...drugstore quality at best and bo-ring (at least for me) so I think I'm going to go with the Jane Iredale lippie. I'm a huge fan of her makeup!
Yeah Pop is pretty cheap and these colors are as boring as it gets imo. Where's the fun bright shades? I guess I'm not a nudes person. I love Jave Iredale too-but not this color. Leaving it up to chance I guess, which means I'll probably get at least one of these anyway, lol!

Yeah Pop is pretty cheap and these colors are as boring as it gets imo. Where's the fun bright shades? I guess I'm not a nudes person. I love Jave Iredale too-but not this color. Leaving it up to chance I guess, which means I'll probably get at least one of these anyway, lol!
I agree on the Jane color although they have those lippies that look pale nude or pink and turn more rosy when they're on the lips, so I will have to get a closer look before deciding. 

I don't want to NOT make a choice because I'm terrified of getting the dang pop shadows in my box if I do that. Although there have been times where I've gotten ALL 3 samples choices in my box at once LOL, which would probably be my luck.

The blush or whatever the 3rd choice is would be an OK option as well...I guess I'll have to wait and see when the sample choice video goes up

I still have no progress on my box shipping. It's still supposedly just sitting somewhere in Mt Juliet since the 12th. Should I email? Idk if they can really do anything once it's out of their hands. *sigh*

I still have no progress on my box shipping. It's still supposedly just sitting somewhere in Mt Juliet since the 12th. Should I email? Idk if they can really do anything once it's out of their hands. *sigh*
I feel your pain.  My box was prepared March 11th.  It finally shipped March 16th.  I live on the west coast, so I'm looking on getting my box next week.

birchbox sent me a totally different box than I was supposed to receive (according to my account)

I was supposed to get:

Amika blow out spray (my PYS)

Harvey prince sincerely

Jelly pong pong highlighter

Macadamia hair mask

Smashbox lip gloss

And I received:

Oscar Blandi pronto dry shampoo

Macadamia hair mask

benefit watts up

Roloxin

Derma e day cream (HATE THIS)

It kinda ended up being a better box, but I hate the derma e lotion and I want my PYS! I'm sick of emailing birchbox every month because they screwed something up. Seriously it's been almost every month.

They posted somewhere that if your box hasn't updated or moved in 5+ days that you should contact them!

The Beauty Protector oil actually comes out really slowly, so it's not too bad to use.  I've received the BP and another hair oil in a similar vial and thought it was pretty decent packaging for the product.
Ok...thanks for the info.  I was totally imaging an oil slick all over my hands and bathroom counter!  I do love the smell of the Beauty Protector products.

Ok now I am a little annoyed.  My box took forever to update this month.  Around March 13th.  My confirmed sample choice (I am Aces) was not listed in the online box content list.  I contacted Birchbox, they said they would send out my "It's a 10".  

I got a shipping notice on March 11th for my box.   Yesterday I got updating shipping, now I should get my box between March 18th and March 23rd!!?  Why so late, why no sample choice?  Is it because of birchbox Plus? 

I am happy they are sending me, my sample choice(just got notice on shipping for that today)!!  I have contacted Birchbox twice this month.  First because my box wouldn't update, then I complained about my sample choice missing.  I don't want to contact them again this month, I just annoyed I have to wait forever to get my box this month.  My box has taken 6 days to leave the warehouse!!

I will probably be choosing April's sample before I lay eyes on my March box. 
Yay!!! I finally received my box today!  After all my waiting, I love my box!!!

I received the contents below (no PYS of "its a 10!")! I complained and they sent it separately!

Macadamia hair mask
benefit watts up
Roloxin Masks
Derma e day cream

I love day shampoos and hair masks.

I am excited to try Roloxin mask.

Derma e is a little thick for me.

I need to experiment with the watts up.  I am not sure how to use it.

For all of you who received Dermae day cream this month and tried: 
Did you also experience a residue issue? After it dries it starts to peel and "worm" heavily, so I can't possibly use it as a day cream especially under make-up :/
It also smells a bit weird.
Such a shame, I thought it would be a nice product since I liked their Glycolic  scrub.  

Ok now I am a little annoyed.  My box took forever to update this month.  Around March 13th.  My confirmed sample choice (I am Aces) was not listed in the online box content list.  I contacted Birchbox, they said they would send out my "It's a 10".  

I got a shipping notice on March 11th for my box.   Yesterday I got updating shipping, now I should get my box between March 18th and March 23rd!!?  Why so late, why no sample choice?  Is it because of birchbox Plus? 

I am happy they are sending me, my sample choice(just got notice on shipping for that today)!!  I have contacted Birchbox twice this month.  First because my box wouldn't update, then I complained about my sample choice missing.  I don't want to contact them again this month, I just annoyed I have to wait forever to get my box this month.  My box has taken 6 days to leave the warehouse!!

I will probably be choosing April's sample before I lay eyes on my March box. 
Yay!!! I finally received my box today!  After all my waiting, I love my box!!!

I received the contents below (no PYS of "its a 10!")! I complained and they sent it separately!

Macadamia hair mask

benefit watts up

Roloxin Masks

Derma e day cream

I love day shampoos and hair masks.

I am excited to try Roloxin mask.

Derma e is a little thick for me.

I need to experiment with the watts up.  I am not sure how to use it.
I love Watt's Up, it's one of my purse staples. Application is super easy, just swipe over your cheekbones, brow bones, nose line, cupid's bow, and chin then blend using your fingertips ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the healthy glow it adds.

Enjoy your goodies.

I tried the Oribe shampoo and conditioner sample today and it was really nice. I kept getting compliments on my hair all day. I'll have to add this to my wish list now. I almost wished I hadn't tried it because they are so expensive to buy.

Did you also experience a residue issue? After it dries it starts to peel and "worm" heavily, so I can't possibly use it as a day cream especially under make-up :/

Such a shame, I thought it would be a nice product since I liked their Glycolic scrub.
Yes! Same thing happened to me. It felt very "sunscreeny" and I just don't like that. It'll be a nice sunscreen to use on my cruise this summer, but otherwise it wont be getting daily use.

Yes! Same thing happened to me. It felt very "sunscreeny" and I just don't like that. It'll be a nice sunscreen to use on my cruise this summer, but otherwise it wont be getting daily use.

Such a shame, I thought it would be a nice product since I liked their Glycolic  scrub.  
In just a few days of use it dried out my skin terribly. I'm putting it away. I might give another try in summer but no way do I need more dryness now.

In just a few days of use it dried out my skin terribly. I'm putting it away. I might give another try in summer but no way do I need more dryness now.

I switched it to night but am using a layer of pure Argan oil on top to avoid drying. I am just trying to finish it because I hate throwing stuff away :/

I've been meaning to ask -- do we still get 10 points for sharing on FB/Twitter? The link above my March products just says to share in order to get first dibs on PYS for April or something, but when I shared, I didn't get any points.
I tried it when my first box arrived and just now with my second box and I didn't receive the 10 points either time. I guess they suspended the program.

I tried it when my first box arrived and just now with my second box and I didn't receive the 10 points either time. I guess they suspended the program.
I think it's on some sort of weird 'you can only get points once every 30 days' setting for this, as it won't give me points if try to share my new box early, but it did give me points when I tried it on whim later in the month.

Back