Birchbox March 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mirenesse mattfinity lip rouge changed to temple spa body balm. I want my red matte Lippie.
FWIW: I've recieved that Lippie and while it looks good and is matte, it had zero staying power on me. Came off on everything. And not just a partial transfer, like if I touched my lip at all ALL the rouge on that part of my lip would come off and my real lip color would show through. I tried to let it dry for awhile, I tried setting it with a powder, starting with a primer, nothing helped. After giving it multiple attempts I just threw it away.

FWIW: I've recieved that Lippie and while it looks good and is matte, it had zero staying power on me. Came off on everything. And not just a partial transfer, like if I touched my lip at all ALL the rouge on that part of my lip would come off and my real lip color would show through. I tried to let it dry for awhile, I tried setting it with a powder, starting with a primer, nothing helped. After giving it multiple attempts I just threw it away.
Bummer. Thanks for making me feel better for missing out. I HATE when lipstick transfers. Maybe temple spa body balm will end up being a HG lol

I thought it was just me. There are lip marks on all my coffee mugs now. 

Same thing here. I was so bummed that I didn't receive it the month it seemed like everyone got it...November maybe? Anyway I bought the full size in the color Rome, bad idea. Not only did the color look like I was wearing concealer on my lips (I'm not even that dark) but it came off on everything! After accidentally swiping the arm of my favorite shirt I threw the thing away. 

For all of you that had the box mix up (no Jouer gloss, no JPP luminizer), I got a response back from CS. *shrug* I guess that's fine. Seems like a cop out answer to say that the pages "may update frequently leading up the box's shipment" because I received the box before the page updated to the correct contents, and I based my CS request off the official "launch" page. 

"Box Pages may update frequently leading up to your box's shipment, and I'm so sorry for any confusion or disappointment that may have caused! Rest assured, you received the right box this month, and I see that your Box Page is now up to date. Unfortunately I am unable to send you the samples that appeared in your first Box Page, but there is a very good chance that you could receive them in a future box!

For the disappointment, I have added 52 points to your account. You now have $20 to spend with us!"

For all of you that had the box mix up (no Jouer gloss, no JPP luminizer), I got a response back from CS. *shrug* I guess that's fine. Seems like a cop out answer to say that the pages "may update frequently leading up the box's shipment" because I received the box before the page updated to the correct contents, and I based my CS request off the official "launch" page. 

"Box Pages may update frequently leading up to your box's shipment, and I'm so sorry for any confusion or disappointment that may have caused! Rest assured, you received the right box this month, and I see that your Box Page is now up to date. Unfortunately I am unable to send you the samples that appeared in your first Box Page, but there is a very good chance that you could receive them in a future box!

For the disappointment, I have added 52 points to your account. You now have $20 to spend with us!"
I just went back and was able to review the two mystery items (blush and jouer). So this month I got 80 review points. That's almost a free box. Good enough for me.  

I just went back and was able to review the two mystery items (blush and jouer). So this month I got 80 review points. That's almost a free box. Good enough for me.  
I also got to review the initial items listed in my box page that I didn't actually receive - so that is 80 review points plus 10 points for sharing on social media!  

Looks like the cosmos is hooking me up this week...on Tuesday, a vending machine in my school's basement accidentally spit out TWO packages of cheese and peanut butter cracker sandwiches

:smilehappyyes:   :drive:   :smilehappyyes:

My tracking hasn't updated since May 9. I looked back at previous months and it was normally just a day or two later that tracking updated at this point. (Ready to transfer to USPS).

I also got to review the initial items listed in my box page that I didn't actually receive - so that is 80 review points plus 10 points for sharing on social media!  

Looks like the cosmos is hooking me up this week...on Tuesday, a vending machine in my school's basement accidentally spit out TWO packages of cheese and peanut butter cracker sandwiches

:smilehappyyes:   :drive:   :smilehappyyes:
hahahahaha

I received my box today. I got the it's a ten box with the liz earle and roloxin. I have gotten the Liz Earle on another count a few months ago when it was a sample choice so when I opened my box today I was surprised because it seemed smaller than I remembered. I went to my bathroom to check and the Liz Earle I got a few months ago was 30 mL and the one I got today is 15 mL. However, two roloxin treatments were sent when I was only expecting one, so it balances out. I also got the elite therapeutics lotion and I do not enjoy the smell, yuck.

the macadamia sample is huge - but it is for medium/coarse hair.  Which is totally unsuitable - my profile states fine, oily hair :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

off to see if anyone has facial mask to swap

The bottles of amika were slightly different in my two boxes, despite being the same size. Huh.

I was also little disappointed that with all the possible box combos, I ended up with not only nearly identical (disappointing) contents, but the exact same box top as well. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone tried the Mirenesse Glossy Kiss crayons? I got that in Starlet in one of my boxes, and was intrigued to try it, but seeing how poorly the 'stain' lasted for others, now I am not so sure...

I finally got to see what I'm getting and I'm so torn between canceling and trying one more month.

The last time I signed up for BB a few years ago, I chose the Gwyneth Paltrow curated box. It was awful lol.

But I swear the Harvey Prince "Hello" perfume is everywhere! This will be my third one in as many years. And it'll be the third one that goes in the swap pile lol. Can't stand the scent.

My other 4 products seem interesting and I'm curious to try.

Visanti Face rejuvenator

Beauty Protector detangler

Temple Spa Face and body balm

and JPP highlighter

I may get one more month and hopefully get to pick a sample that will make it worth to stick around.

I received my box today, and this is the second month I’ve been with Birchbox. I have to say so far I am not impressed and will give it a few months before I decide to cancel. I hope the products improve, but it’s obvious that no attention is paid to the profile I filled out. But hey it’s only $10, so will see how it oes. This month I got:

Jelly Pong Pong Highlighter - this is going up for trade, I am too old for glittery stuff

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss - this lippie is awful, doesn’t stay on at all

Harvey Prince Sincerely - I actually do like this scent

Embryolisse 24 hour miracle cream - looking forward to trying it but the sample is tiny

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle - I like hair products so will give it a try

Maybe I’ll try a curated box next time, and see if I have better luck. Leaving it up to chance so far isn’t working too well, I have liked 2 or 3 products from each box. Here’s hoping next month’s box is better.

I'm so jealous of everyone that has their box already! My gift sub shipped on February 27 and never moved. They shipped a new one to me on March 11 and it hasn't moved yet either. I hope it's going and just not updating. Plus now I have idea what illbe getting since the contents may not be the same. The email said I'm getting welcome box (107) Valentine's Day. Does anyone know how to find the contents? The only product I was excited to get, I just recieved in a pick two so I welcome a different box.

I'm so jealous of everyone that has their box already! My gift sub shipped on February 27 and never moved. They shipped a new one to me on March 11 and it hasn't moved yet either. I hope it's going and just not updating. Plus now I have idea what illbe getting since the contents may not be the same. The email said I'm getting welcome box (107) Valentine's Day. Does anyone know how to find the contents? The only product I was excited to get, I just recieved in a pick two so I welcome a different box.
I received the Valetines box instead of my curated box last month. Contents were: red Cynthia Rowley lipgloss, beauty protect detangler, a body lotion, some tea bags, and there may have been one more thing but I can't think of it right now.

I received the Valetines box instead of my curated box last month. Contents were: red Cynthia Rowley lipgloss, beauty protect detangler, a body lotion, some tea bags, and there may have been one more thing but I can't think of it right now.
That sounds about like my original welcome box. It had Cynthia rowley lip stain( I'm hoping any color but sugar) bp detangle, g&s lotion, coola and a Catherine someone perfume.

That sounds about like my original welcome box. It had Cynthia rowley lip stain( I'm hoping any color but sugar) bp detangle, g&s lotion, coola and a Catherine someone perfume.
Yep, Coola was the last thing that I couldn't think of lol

Do you actually see on your account the extra 10 points for sharing your March birchbox? I tried sharing my boxes from both of my accounts on social media and I didn't receive the 10 points on either accounts. I was wondering if they had stopped allowing you to receive points for sharing your boxes. 

I received my box today. I got the it's a ten box with the liz earle and roloxin. I have gotten the Liz Earle on another count a few months ago when it was a sample choice so when I opened my box today I was surprised because it seemed smaller than I remembered. I went to my bathroom to check and the Liz Earle I got a few months ago was 30 mL and the one I got today is 15 mL. However, two roloxin treatments were sent when I was only expecting one, so it balances out. I also got the elite therapeutics lotion and I do not enjoy the smell, yuck.
Yeah the Liz Earle polisher is smaller but the muslin cloth that comes with it seems to be bigger! Is it just me?

Latest posts

Back