Birchbox March 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened a second account this month in the hopes of receiving a Beauty Blender. Of course, I did not receive it :/ I have a meh-ish first box coming on my way.

For March, I picked the curated box for my ACE account and am between picking the "It's a 10" spray and leaving it to chance for the second sub.

So, what do you ladies suggest?

I opened a second account this month in the hopes of receiving a Beauty Blender. Of course, I did not receive it :/ I have a meh-ish first box coming on my way.

For March, I picked the curated box for my ACE account and am between picking the "It's a 10" spray and leaving it to chance for the second sub.

So, what do you ladies suggest?
I am getting It's a 10 on my second sub. I see it at Target and have been wondering if it lives up to the hype. Some people swear leaving it up to chance = best box ever. But I've had the opposite experience. 

I have very thick hair, with one section that has a strange frizz/kinky wave. (Thanks pregnancy!)

None of these hair products match my needs. I've gotten the oil before and didn't like the way my hair felt after.

I chose the curated on one and am leaving the second to chance. The only hair product that excited me was the Dear Clark in the curated....mostly because it's the only one I've never tried!! 

Now I wonder how many Harvey Prince products I'll get in the box I left to chance?  :huh:

I chose it's a 10, but now I'm kind of regretting it because I really wanted the blush in the curated box!

But I also know I would have hated the no surprise factor. 

Ahhh, birchbox problems :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For anyone that is interested- back years ago when I first subscribed to Birchbox, my very first box had a full size Laura Geller blush in it, and it was the Roseberry shade. There was one other option that was more peachy-toned I remember as my sister got that one. It was either Sunswept or Golden Apricot. There's a chance the shades will be the same, only in the deluxe sample size this time.

As for my choice this month, I decided to go with the Amika spray. I looove the scent of their products and they've always done wonders for my hair, so I'm excited to try this product!

The curated box was a really fantastic one this month, but I already have a lifetime supply of the Whish Almond body butter (it's. amazing.) and I have 3 of the laura geller blushes. The other items were so-so for me. I also really like the surprise each month. The one time I got the curated box I really liked it, but I lost a little bit of the fun that comes with waiting for my samples to pop up on the site LOL

I did choose the curated box on my mom's account though- I think it'll be perfection for her!

Curated for Sub 1, Sub 2 left to chance.

I think curated boxes are always better than a majority of the combinations- I've gotten lucky here and there and got amazing 10/10 boxes but more times than that I've gotten meh or alright boxes.  

here are all of the colors that Laura Geller has in the baked blush

• Tropic Hues: contains swirls of coral, pink and bronze
  • Pink Grapefruit: rich tones of beige, mauve and shimmering pink
  • Roseberry: soft tones of rose and a touch of gold
  • Sunswept: soft tones of pink, golden peach, and bronzy beige
  • Golden Apricot: rich tones of apricot, cream, gold and a hint of rose swirled together
  • Boysenberry: a peachy-pink matte blush that looks soft and natural
  • Pink Buttercream: the perfect petal hue swirled with copper and gold flecks
from http://www.laurageller.com/store/cheeks/products/blush-n-brighten
Damn, I stupidly assumed these would be new shades when I picked the curated box. I already have Roseberry, which is beautiful, but I don't need a second. Sub-box law says my chances are >50% that's what I'm getting  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Pink Grapefruit would be perfect for me. Please Birchbox love me and make up for February's fiasco.

I have very thick hair, with one section that has a strange frizz/kinky wave. (Thanks pregnancy!)

None of these hair products match my needs. I've gotten the oil before and didn't like the way my hair felt after.
I don't know if you already picked, but I use the its a 10 with keratin (I don't know if they will send that one out or just the regular its a 10) and I have similar hair- super thick, but all over wicked wavy and frizzy.  My mother thought I had gotten a professional keratin treatment because my hair has really settled down since I started using that after I wash my hair.

There should be an option to not get any of the PYS choices.  I have curly frizzy hair, not one of the PYS appeal to me in any way.

Nothing really stood out for me with the PYS and I'm not really feeling the curated box. I'm going to leave it up to chance!  It has worked out well for me in the past. I have typically been getting 2-3 of the sample choices in my box anyway. 

I went for the curated box, because I haven't tried any of those products before and I am really excited to try the blush. :wub:    I have been a BB subscriber for over two years, and I have received all three of the PYS hair products already. I'm glad they are giving us these choices now!

Damn, I stupidly assumed these would be new shades when I picked the curated box. I already have Roseberry, which is beautiful, but I don't need a second. Sub-box law says my chances are >50% that's what I'm getting  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Pink Grapefruit would be perfect for me. Please Birchbox love me and make up for February's fiasco.
It still could be a new color :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I just was listing the current shades that Laura Geller offers..

In other news, last month I added the Home Sweet Homespun box to my regular BB shipment.  It was my first BB Plus item and my first LE box, and I was so excited to get it, particularly for the cookie mix and cute socks.  Well, my shipment came 10 days after the estimated delivery date, and when I opened my box, the cookie mix tin and two of the packet inside were open and everything in the box was dusted with cookie mix ingredients.  The other items in the box were fine--just a bit messy.  But I contacted BB to see if I could send back this cookie mix and receive a new one with sealed ingredients. But apparently I can only send back the entire box or nothing at all. Such a bummer.

In other news, last month I added the Home Sweet Homespun box to my regular BB shipment. It was my first BB Plus item and my first LE box, and I was so excited to get it, particularly for the cookie mix and cute socks. Well, my shipment came 10 days after the estimated delivery date, and when I opened my box, the cookie mix tin and two of the packet inside were open and everything in the box was dusted with cookie mix ingredients. The other items in the box were fine--just a bit messy. But I contacted BB to see if I could send back this cookie mix and receive a new one with sealed ingredients. But apparently I can only send back the entire box or nothing at all. Such a bummer.
That's sooooo frustrating. I've never had bb ask me to send something back when something was wrong. Let us know how it turns out.

If I cancel my subscription I don't loose my points or Ace status, right?  I went to cancel and it said be sure not to miss out on them....

For anyone's that's wondered if you get to PYS with gift subscriptions, you do. I got my email yesterday for my welcome box. However by the time I realized it, everything was sold out. It's ok because I was leaning towards not choosing anyway.

Latest posts

Back