Birchbox May 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't gotten my box yet either. They made me wait until the 21st and said they'd mail out a replacement box, but there would be no tracking. And I'd have to wait 10 business days for it to get to me. So that's well into June and close to time to start watching for the June box. This is such bull. If I didn't have a yearly sub, I would cancel. I cancelled my others. It's really not fair that a yearly sub that I paid for last fall, they didn't bother sending and just give me the runaround.

so my lost box magically showed up today and instead of the cynthia rowley eyeliner i got this elevenskin rescue omega 3 serum. wtf birchbox?  i'm never reopening this account again.  too many issues since march on that account, smfh. this put the nail in the coffin. never, ever, ever replace a makeup item with a skin care item. i wish they swapped out the hair products instead -__- 

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/may-2015/may-2014-bb44
There seems to be an issue with some boxes. That happened to me and another person (around the 80ish pages). Different box though it happened to. The Rowley was replaced with elevenskin. 

Both May boxes finally arrived. I love the purple Laqa but the Pixi balm is anything but balmy, IMO. It felt waxy and dried my lips out horribly to the point where I was constantly licking them to combat dryness (which I know is counterproductive :/). But then again, I'm a huge fan of slippery, sticky lipglosses.

Also not digging the Beauty Protector shampoo, but it'll make a great body wash at least. Sulfate free shampoo is nice and all, but I really like that fluffy lather that you just can't get without the sulfates.

For those who've received the Kate Spade necklace, is it metal? Would it hold up to being engraved on the front? TIA! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It is pretty sturdy (but maybe iffy for engraving) but I would always have the engraver take a look at it because some metals may not be able to withstand it (sorry if that is just stating obvious).

btw on a weird note, the box I opened for bbsnaptray still has not shipped but the 5 dollar summersub box shipped. Im geting products Ive gotten before or already have so its a meh. Got smashbox primer (I now have about 4 of these from various subs/samples), hello harvey, some lotion, cynthia rowley eyeliner, beauty protector spray (I still have my full size bottle). Not birchbox's fault and its worth 5 bucks. 

btw on a weird note, the box I opened for bbsnaptray still has not shipped but the 5 dollar summersub box shipped. Im geting products Ive gotten before or already have so its a meh. Got smashbox primer (I now have about 4 of these from various subs/samples), hello harvey, some lotion, cynthia rowley eyeliner, beauty protector spray (I still have my full size bottle). Not birchbox's fault and its worth 5 bucks.
Hello Harvey will always be one of my favorite samples I've gotten from BB!

I used my No 4 shampoo yesterday. I am in love with it!! But WOW - so expensive. I guess I will hoard my BB points to buy on there. Anyone know where to get it for less than $34? The one thing I will say is that - a little goes a long way - so it should at least last for a while. Thoughts?

I used my No 4 shampoo yesterday. I am in love with it!! But WOW - so expensive. I guess I will hoard my BB points to buy on there. Anyone know where to get it for less than $34? The one thing I will say is that - a little goes a long way - so it should at least last for a while. Thoughts?
Check Amazon - all the No. 4 products seem to be slightly cheaper there.

Did you check out the swap threads? You can always stock up on people's unwanted same sized ones! That's what I did when I loved the DDF and Vasanti.

It is pretty sturdy (but maybe iffy for engraving) but I would always have the engraver take a look at it because some metals may not be able to withstand it (sorry if that is just stating obvious).
Thanks! I'm glad to know it's at least metal, and if engraving isn't an option I suppose I could always attach an engraved charm tag or some gemstones. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Now I just need it to hurry up and come in.

So, still waiting on my third box and free kate spade necklace to arrive.  Box tracking is still screwy, but updated to show it was processed and made it to Fishers and is in transit...so sometime this week I should see the box hopefully.  I have no clue on the necklace.  

Meanwhile, I went to see what Kate Spade Saturday had on sale, and ended up making two orders to use both my coupons from boxes 1 and 2.  

I stacked the 15% off email signup discount with one coupon and got a wallet and purse, and then just used the coupon on a pair of shoes.
How did you stack the coupon? It's not letting me :/ 

I think they got rid of the stacking ability once we discovered it, because I tried stacking yesterday and it didn't work D:

boooooooo leave it to us to find the loopholes and then get the business to take them away LOL. now i'm kinda glad i'm on a strict no-buy.
Right?!  I might still buy something with the 25% off of clearance, but I'll definitely be trimming down my order now!  Just want that bag to use as a lunch box!  Otherwise, need to be on a low-buy!

Now that they've added all these lame code restrictions, I'm not likely to buy anything full price on Kate Spade Saturday even with the $25 off code. I have a lot of other stuff I'd rather spend my money on in the next month. So I have a few codes I won't be using. If anyone wants one, PM me!

I got a refund for my entire order, because they were unable to replace my missing item.

Wow, great customer service. They may have late orders and occasionally mess up an order, but I can not complain about their CS. They hand out $10 in points like its candy and I got my entire $50 gift card credited to my account, today.

Latest posts

Back