Birchbox May 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I haven't. A rep confirmed I would get it but no info about when it'd ship or arrive. Also no Aces gift. Bummer

Did you get yours?
I didn't get the kate spade necklace yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But I did get the aces wallet on saturday.  It will be good for flat objects as there isn't a lot of width to this wallet/pouch/bag

Got tracking for the second replacement box for my May box. I complained about it this morning and they are next day airing it to me and I'll have it tomorrow. So I guess I won't have to wait until June.

Rage canceler here, too. Oh well. Not worth the stress or frustration to me. I'd rather spend a few dollars and have it in my hand than wait months without even knowing if or when I'll get it.

Ugh Treatsie. The same thing happened to me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me too! They emailed me back SO FAST though when I asked them about it. They shipped a new one immediately and moved my billing date back since that was my first one.

I know I haven't. A rep confirmed I would get it but no info about when it'd ship or arrive. Also no Aces gift. Bummer

Did you get yours?
A rep gave me the canned "it will ship 4 weeks from when you ordered it" response so I better get it.

Me too! They emailed me back SO FAST though when I asked them about it. They shipped a new one immediately and moved my billing date back since that was my first one.
LOL yeah they definitely emailed back really fast. I canceled anyway though. XD I'm just going to get my May box and be done with them. 

I got my box last week (after a big flub up with shipping and mixing up my information with another subscriber).  I reviewed all the products and was pleased to see they counted the Nexxus products as separate reviews, so I was able to get 70 points out of my box.  Still waiting for my necklace.  Even though I put in the promo code, I didn't get any type of acknowledgement that it was applied and haven't heard a thing about when it's supposed to get here.  I'll send an email in June if I don't have it by then. 

I love Kate Spade but the Saturday line is probably a bit too youthful for me.  I loved that Glossybox just gave us a $25 gift card to Bergdorf. . . I don't like spending $75 to get $25 off, especially if you can't stack it with another offer (like the 15% code).   

I love Kate Spade but the Saturday line is probably a bit too youthful for me. I loved that Glossybox just gave us a $25 gift card to Bergdorf. . . I don't like spending $75 to get $25 off, especially if you can't stack it with another offer (like the 15% code).
I agree. I hate those kind of coupons. Although if it were for regular Kate spade, I'd probably have better luck finding something I want. The jewelry just doesn't do it for me.

I actually did receive a second box on the account that had all of the problems with shipping, and it's almost completely different from the first:  Originally, I received box 15, and this time around, I received box 1.  The only duplicate item was the Smashbox primer.  I received everything but the Caudalie on other accounts, though.  At least the Pixi I originally received was a different shade, so that's not a duplicate.  I'm trying to decide whether to keep the Pixi or rehome it (I know exactly where it will go if I don't keep it!).

And I've been using the Aces pouch for coupons, and I needed to run to the store today (I had originally been planning on staying home all day and catching up on _Supernatural_, but then my credit union's account fraud department called, and I wanted to get the affidavit in the mail ASAP, so I decided to go ahead and move tomorrow's grocery run to today since the grocery store is just a few blocks from the post office), so I just threw my credit card, driver's license, phone, and shopping list in it and didn't bother with a purse.  Perfect size!  It was actually so slim that I had to double-check and make sure that my phone was in fact in there.

I still have not received my May box, and I am not thrilled with the customer service either, and normally they are pretty good. I called about a week and a half to two weeks ago, and was told they would send out a replacement box, but it would be 10 business days, and they don't provide a tracking number for a replacement box. So I called the middle of last week to follow up since no tracking number, and the guy told me nope, it didn't go out, it was still processing. I told him that was awful, since the first one never made it, how could you wait another week and still haven't sent out a replacement, after I was told it would go right out. I cancelled my sub, but said I still want my May box, he offered me nothing, no points, no rush on the box, nothing. They could have cared less. I am so disgusted with them. And they still have my May money, and I still have no box.

Alright, here are my impressions of my May box: The number 4 shampoo and conditioner didn't do too much for my fine, limp, hair, while it smelled okay, it wasn't amazing, so I won't be buying the full-size, especially for the price they want! The Whish shave cream, while it was very moisturizing, it did not lather at all and it was difficult to see where I had and hadn't used it, which is especially frustrating when you are trying to shave! In addition, I was not fond of the scent, so I will not be purchasing the Whish shave cream in full-size. I loved the Cotz sunscreen, I feel that it went on nice and velvety and made my skin look fantastic and a I NEED sunscreen due to my light complexion so I bought this full-sized with my anniversary code and points. I was not so sure about the LAQA in purple, but I ended up LOVING it! I would like to buy it, but it's a little expensive, I will be saving up more points for this one in the future.  Finally, the smarty pants vitamins were super tasty and in gummy form, both wins for me. However, the Birchbox shop wanted WAY too much for these, but I liked them so much I found them on Amazon for $14! So, out of 6 items this past month I liked 3 of them, not too bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Aces zipper bag in the mail, Saturday. I put my coupons in it. Thanks for the suggestion, all. It sure is stinky. lol

Just updating, still no Kate Spade necklace from the promo. I am never going to do an add on or a promo that doesn't just involve points again. It flat out is not worth the hassle.
I emailed them AGAIN. 

If they do not respond tomorrow, I will call them.  I am a little sick of this.  And I, stupid ME, did the add on with the scarf.

Still waiting for my May Birchbox to arrive.  The original tracking never updated so I called CS last week.  A replacement box was supposedly sent but still no tracking info on that either.  I'm hoping that I will receive it this week so I don't have to call again.  sigh

Still waiting for my May Birchbox to arrive. The original tracking never updated so I called CS last week. A replacement box was supposedly sent but still no tracking info on that either. I'm hoping that I will receive it this week so I don't have to call again. sigh
My replacement box arrived on Saturday. So it took 4 weeks to get to me.

I emailed them AGAIN. 

If they do not respond tomorrow, I will call them.  I am a little sick of this.  And I, stupid ME, did the add on with the scarf.
It really is ridiculous. I am not going to call them because I'm betting I won't receive it because I rage cancelled the sub. Probably should have waited, but I didn't want to be charged for another month. 

You guys might recall that I had some issues getting my May Birchbox and after several e-mails to them just finally got it last week and on Monday I finally got my Kate Spade necklace (I paid for the add on.) Well, today I got the mail and there was another Birchbox! I thought they must have shipped my June box right away since I had such a long wait in May. There was also a big Birchbox box (like the kind they send out when you order from the shop). I couldn't remember ordering anything from them lately so I was quite puzzled. Well, I opened it and it contained ANOTHER May Birchbox along with another Kate Spade necklace. Crazy! Both boxes I got today were the same as the one I got last week (Caudalie detox oil, Coola after sun lotion, Pixi balm in Coral crush, Smashbox primer, and gummy vitamins). I like all the items so I don't mind having dupes, but would have been fun to get some other things.

You guys might recall that I had some issues getting my May Birchbox and after several e-mails to them just finally got it last week and on Monday I finally got my Kate Spade necklace (I paid for the add on.) Well, today I got the mail and there was another Birchbox! I thought they must have shipped my June box right away since I had such a long wait in May. There was also a big Birchbox box (like the kind they send out when you order from the shop). I couldn't remember ordering anything from them lately so I was quite puzzled. Well, I opened it and it contained ANOTHER May Birchbox along with another Kate Spade necklace. Crazy! Both boxes I got today were the same as the one I got last week (Caudalie detox oil, Coola after sun lotion, Pixi balm in Coral crush, Smashbox primer, and gummy vitamins). I like all the items so I don't mind having dupes, but would have been fun to get some other things.
That is crazy! And what a great box you got!! Three of them is a bit overkill, though. Lol

Back