Birchbox May 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boooooooo leave it to us to find the loopholes and then get the business to take them away LOL. now i'm kinda glad i'm on a strict no-buy.
This is beyond lame. Though it does say that it can't be combined with any other discount on the card...but to have it work and then suddenly stop?  There's an item I want but I keep telling myself that I can probably just find something similar, or maybe even the same item, for cheaper at Nordstrom Rack or Marshalls. 

This is beyond lame. Though it does say that it can't be combined with any other discount on the card...but to have it work and then suddenly stop?  There's an item I want but I keep telling myself that I can probably just find something similar, or maybe even the same item, for cheaper at Nordstrom Rack or Marshalls. 
This is exactly why I was hesitant to buy anything. I love mainline Kate Spade but I'm a picky shopper and I wasn't totally keen on the canvas bags for their price (I'm kind of stuck on leather now).

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you stack the coupon? It's not letting me :/ 
Before the extra 25% off sale on their website, it was letting you stack the email sign up 15% off code with the code from BirchBox.  Once the sale started it wasn't letting me stack anything anymore.  I don't know if it was because of the site sale, or if it was a glitch they caught onto and changed.  

I put the 15% off code in first promo box before putting in my info at the check out, then once you're checking out it has a promo box again, and I put in the BirchBox code.  

Holy crap this box is getting to me lightning fast.  It went via USPS and was shipped on Friday.  This box should get to my house by tomorrow afternoon.  That's how shipping should work at birchbox.  

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 12.36.06 AM.png

Well, just got my mail and still no box. So I e-mailed Birchbox the following:

"Hi there.

It is now the last week of May and I have still not received my May box, the replacement box that was supposedly sent out when I inquired about the status of my box over a week ago, or the Kate Spade necklace add on I paid $20 for. I also have not received any tracking information to indicate my items are on my way to me and my box page still shows April's box. Please remedy this situation by sending my box and necklace with EXPEDITED shipping and tracking info within 24 hours. If you are not able to do this, then I expect a refund promptly. I have been more than patient.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter."

Hope this gets some results since my other e-mails haven't

Um... so... remember when my tracking was just STUCK and I emailed BB and they said they were sending me a replacement box? And then I got my original box? Well... they changed my box contents on the website today:

bb1_385x385_9.jpg

So... maybe I am getting 2 boxes... which I won't complain at all! Glad I already reviewed the original box contents! I just figured they finally REALLY sent my original box, but guess they sent both. Of course, I won't really know for sure until it's in my mailbox lol

I used my No 4 shampoo yesterday. I am in love with it!! But WOW - so expensive. I guess I will hoard my BB points to buy on there. Anyone know where to get it for less than $34? The one thing I will say is that - a little goes a long way - so it should at least last for a while. Thoughts?

Not a full size but I did see this small travel size set on Groupon for $13.99 and thought you might be interested in it:

t440x300.jpg

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-number-4-hair-happily-hydrated-haircare-travel-set

Edited: Ah, just realized that this is a different Number 4 product then what was going out in this month's box.

So I got a reply for my replacement box and she links me a tracking number and stated that it was delivered. She typed out my address and asks me to confirm. Yes the address she typed is correct but the tracking link she provided said it was delivered to Colorado... I live in California. Not sure if she took a good look at the place it was delivered to but to tell me it was delivered and then provide a link that shows it was not delivered to me -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Um... so... remember when my tracking was just STUCK and I emailed BB and they said they were sending me a replacement box? And then I got my original box? Well... they changed my box contents on the website today:

bb1_385x385_9.jpg

So... maybe I am getting 2 boxes... which I won't complain at all! Glad I already reviewed the original box contents! I just figured they finally REALLY sent my original box, but guess they sent both. Of course, I won't really know for sure until it's in my mailbox lol
I received 2 different boxes on the same account as well and was able to review both boxes for points.

I messaged them on FB about the replacement box they were supposed to have sent the 21st but said I couldn't get tracking for. They sent me back a tracking number that said it was sent the 23rd and hasn't updated since. In the message they said to message back if it hadn't updated in five days, so I just did that. So apparently they've managed to lose two boxes for me this month. Maybe third time will be the charm. Maybe it can race my June box.

I messaged them on FB about the replacement box they were supposed to have sent the 21st but said I couldn't get tracking for. They sent me back a tracking number that said it was sent the 23rd and hasn't updated since. In the message they said to message back if it hadn't updated in five days, so I just did that. So apparently they've managed to lose two boxes for me this month. Maybe third time will be the charm. Maybe it can race my June box.
They sent my replacement box to the wrong person and now they say they can't send me a third one (even though the second one wasn't sent to me -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) they extended my subscription another month and gave me 100 points.
I'm going to have to save this email for future reference to make sure they give me that extra month.

I also have a treatsie box that usps has lost so they are sending me a new one.

All this shipping failures is driving me crazy.

They sent my replacement box to the wrong person and now they say they can't send me a third one (even though the second one wasn't sent to me -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) they extended my subscription another month and gave me 100 points.

I'm going to have to save this email for future reference to make sure they give me that extra month.

They just got back to me. They said they are expediting a third box to me and gave me 100 points. I hate when they do different things for different people. It should be the same for everyone.

Ugh Treatsie. The same thing happened to me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I used my No 4 shampoo yesterday. I am in love with it!! But WOW - so expensive. I guess I will hoard my BB points to buy on there. Anyone know where to get it for less than $34? The one thing I will say is that - a little goes a long way - so it should at least last for a while. Thoughts?
Does anyone know if this shampoo is safe for color treated hair? i assume it is since the website says sulfate free, right? Any experienced hair people know? I just had my hair dyed for the first time and don't wanna ruin it or make the color fade any faster than it needs to.

has anyone received the kate spade necklace  if you used the promo for a sub?  not the add-on...

has anyone received the kate spade necklace if you used the promo for a sub? not the add-on...
I know I haven't. A rep confirmed I would get it but no info about when it'd ship or arrive. Also no Aces gift. Bummer

Did you get yours?

Latest posts

Back