Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Im STILL waiting too.  And its my 12 months with BB. And I never got an anniversary code. And it's the 3rd month in a row that there has been a problem with by box. BOOOOOOOO!    AND what's next? 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Received a birchbox shop order today, but its wrong :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I ordered the Caldrea vanilla quince hand soap, and they sent me the balsam fir plum. No answer on the CS lines. Left a message.
So someone from BB just left me a message. She said they are going to 'look in to the problem in the warehouse'  and aren't going to send me the right scent of soap because they aren't sure that the problem won't happen again. So they are refunding me for the soap and adding 100 pts...and then 'later' I can reorder the soap if I still want it. She didn't say how much later....just that I can reorder after they have fixed the problem. Not really happy with this solution...this is the first BB order I've had mixed up like this. They are also sending me a return shipping label to send back the incorrect soap. I used the 25% off code that was posted here to make the order, so now I'm guessing the code was wasted because you can only use it once? ETA: I was going to purchase more Shea Terra whipped body creme with the points they just gave me, but I can't put any in my cart even though it shows in stock??

"Thanks for reaching out to Birchbox! I have left you a message about your order. We truly apologize for the mix up. Attached is a return shipping label (it will be a link by my signature) that you can use to send back the incorrect scent. We are having our warehouse look into the issue so I have refunded you for the hand soap and added 100 points, equal to $10, to your account for the trouble.

Have a great day!

Best,

Sarah"

By the way, the Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod's are back in stock. I guess I'll get that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Have you tried them yet? I bought a potato chip bar and another one (bread crumbs I think?) in a local market over the weekend. It is taking everything in me not to go back and buy the whole display. It is very, very good chocolate.

So someone from BB just left me a message. She said they are going to 'look in to the problem in the warehouse'  and aren't going to send me the right scent of soap because they aren't sure that the problem won't happen again. So they are refunding me for the soap and adding 100 pts...and then 'later' I can reorder the soap if I still want it. She didn't say how much later....just that I can reorder after they have fixed the problem. Not really happy with this solution...this is the first BB order I've had mixed up like this. They are also sending me a return shipping label to send back the incorrect soap. I used the 25% off code that was posted here to make the order, so now I'm guessing the code was wasted because you can only use it once? ETA: I was going to purchase more Shea Terra whipped body creme with the points they just gave me, but I can't put any in my cart even though it shows in stock??

"Thanks for reaching out to Birchbox! I have left you a message about your order. We truly apologize for the mix up. Attached is a return shipping label (it will be a link by my signature) that you can use to send back the incorrect scent. We are having our warehouse look into the issue so I have refunded you for the hand soap and added 100 points, equal to $10, to your account for the trouble.

Have a great day!

Best,

Sarah"
Hmm that's really weird, but since they are only $10.50 it's like getting double your money back and you can order two more (if you dare) lol. It sucks you can't get the scent your wanted though. I too loved those soap samples and ordered the Mandarin Vetiver and Ginger Pear and had no problem with receiving those, *however* I also ordered Benta Berry face wash and lotion for the boyfriend and when they arrived the outside of the bottles were covered in brown grease and had old ripped up stickers all over them. It was really weird, I couldn't believe they would send out dirty, grease stained products so I emailed them and they sent me two new ones without requesting the previous ones back. It's so strange that their responses are always different. Maybe since mine was "damaged" they didn't make me send it back, but it was their fault they sent you the wrong soap so you shouldn't have to return that either.

Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried them yet? I bought a potato chip bar and another one (bread crumbs I think?) in a local market over the weekend. It is taking everything in me not to go back and buy the whole display. It is very, very good chocolate.
I actually have not tried them yet, but I've seen so many good reviews that I'm curious now! And I love chocolate 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe since mine was "damaged" they didn't make me send it back, but it was their fault they sent you the wrong soap so you shouldn't have to return that either.
Yeah, I've never been asked to return something that was sent by mistake..usually it's reissued. 

By the way, the Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod's are back in stock. I guess I'll get that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you for telling me this! 
biggrin.gif
 I just bought a box before they sold out again (they probably will eventually).  They didn't have them at my local whole foods and I didn't want to pay $14 in regular shipping costs during cyber monday on the chuao site yesterday 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for telling me this! 
biggrin.gif
 I just bought a box before they sold out again (they probably will eventually).  They didn't have them at my local whole foods and I didn't want to pay $14 in regular shipping costs during cyber monday on the chuao site yesterday 
frown.gif
No problem! I figured you ladies would want to know lol! I got two...one for my stocking, and one for The Man's 
claps.gif
 I hope they are awesome!

Thank you! I bought four.. My step dad/in-laws/dad/BIL are sooo hard to shop for plus I'm on a budget.. I am giving them one of these and a family picture. I think it will be a fun addition, great conversation gift.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm that's really weird, but since they are only $10.50 it's like getting double your money back and you can order two more (if you dare) lol. It sucks you can't get the scent your wanted though. I too loved those soap samples and ordered the Mandarin Vetiver and Ginger Pear and had no problem with receiving those, *however* I also ordered Benta Berry face wash and lotion for the boyfriend and when they arrived the outside of the bottles were covered in brown grease and had old ripped up stickers all over them. It was really weird, I couldn't believe they would send out dirty, grease stained products so I emailed them and they sent me two new ones without requesting the previous ones back. It's so strange that their responses are always different. Maybe since mine was "damaged" they didn't make me send it back, but it was their fault they sent you the wrong soap so you shouldn't have to return that either.

The warehouse seems to be all kinds of messed up!  I had two completely different orders on separate accounts that had problems.  In one, they sent the wrong hair pins.  In the other, I ordered two different nail polishes, and they sent two of the same one.  I had planned ahead and made sure to use only points for these orders, so in the first instance, the hair pins I wanted are apparently now out of stock, so I was refunded the points and was then given an additional hundred points.  In the second instance, I was given a hundred points, and when I asked if I needed to reorder (I really want that polish!), I was told that they're still looking into it at the warehouse level to figure out whether they can send me the correct polish or if they will have to refund the points.  In both cases, I have to send the stuff back, but they sent prepaid labels, and I get bubble envelopes for really cheap (a case of 250 for $39, which works out to less than a quarter per envelope), so it's just annoying to not have the pretty goodies!  But they *did* basically give me twenty bucks, so I'll downgrade from "annoyed" to "bummed."

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The warehouse seems to be all kinds of messed up!  I had two completely different orders on separate accounts that had problems.  In one, they sent the wrong hair pins.  In the other, I ordered two different nail polishes, and they sent two of the same one.  I had planned ahead and made sure to use only points for these orders, so in the first instance, the hair pins I wanted are apparently now out of stock, so I was refunded the points and was then given an additional hundred points.  In the second instance, I was given a hundred points, and when I asked if I needed to reorder (I really want that polish!), I was told that they're still looking into it at the warehouse level to figure out whether they can send me the correct polish or if they will have to refund the points.  In both cases, I have to send the stuff back, but they sent prepaid labels, and I get bubble envelopes for really cheap (a case of 250 for $39, which works out to less than a quarter per envelope), so it's just annoying to not have the pretty goodies!  But they *did* basically give me twenty bucks, so I'll downgrade from "annoyed" to "bummed."
I also received the wrong hair pins! I just emailed them about it. I wanted the Brushstroke print and they sent me the darling bud ones! I like the wrong ones they sent me, but I lovedddd the ones I ordered and didn't get. But something is definitely up at the warehouse... 

Originally Posted by kaity123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also received the wrong hair pins! I just emailed them about it. I wanted the Brushstroke print and they sent me the darling bud ones! I like the wrong ones they sent me, but I lovedddd the ones I ordered and didn't get. But something is definitely up at the warehouse... 
Heeey, I ordered the Buds pins because those are much more my style and got the Brushstrokes ones!  Damn, I wish we could just send them to each other, but BB is already expecting them back.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It looks like they have the wrong SKUs on the packages, which leads to order picking errors at the warehouse.  The SKU on the package matches the SKU on the packing list, but the description doesn't match the pins.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heeey, I ordered the Buds pins because those are much more my style and got the Brushstrokes ones!  Damn, I wish we could just send them to each other, but BB is already expecting them back.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It looks like they have the wrong SKUs on the packages, which leads to order picking errors at the warehouse.  The SKU on the package matches the SKU on the packing list, but the description doesn't match the pins.
gahhh that's annoying. i really liked those pins too! they were really sturdy compared to those cheap bobby pins! hopefully BB will get them back in stock & we will get the colors we want! They haven't emailed me back yet, but if I get the 100 points like you I would be really happy with it. I can't say no to a free $10! 

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that sounds good. Is it really moisturizing? My skin is reptilian during the winter (yet I have the most oily skin in the world on my face -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), and I need a ridiculous amount of moisture to not be permanently itchy. I'm an every other day shaver, so that adds to the problem.
It's super moisturizing, I have dry skin on my hands due to excessive use of hand sanitizer and hand washing. I'm a student nurse! This rescues my cracked, painful skin every time I apply it. All of sudden it rejuvenates it after I slab it on and rub it in. 

Also, my mom got the welcome box someone mentioned either in this thread or the December one (with the Harvey Prince perfume, Color Club nail polish, etc). It was missing the OLO sample as well but she was able to get 100 points credited to her account! <3 BB

She'll get to try it soon enough though! One of the presents I'm getting her for Christmas will be a full size OLO Aromatic Body Serum from the BB shop!

I'm supposed to be getting a welcome box for a second account that I opened up. Did she get the box today out of curiousity? I received an email sat saying it was shipped but no tracking number.

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm supposed to be getting a welcome box for a second account that I opened up. Did she get the box today out of curiousity? I received an email sat saying it was shipped but no tracking number.
She got that welcome box last week and just got the email from BB CS today about the points being added to her account. You might get a different one. There are so many good products for BB to choose from. I hope you get a great box!

Latest posts

Back