Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by cbs73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After reading all the posts about items getting switched out of the late November boxes, I thought I'd check mine too.  Apparently, they took out the RMS serum (not broken hearted about that at all) and gave me the TAY Essential Oils Bar soap in Almond Silk.  I'm ok with that!  Wouldn't be mad if they swapped out my Soy Joy either, but whatevs!  

Not surprisingly, it has not shipped yet.
Same here. However, I was looking forward to the RMS serum and getting a bar of soap instead is not cool. It switched from box 16 to box 32, which isn't on Zadi's list. Other than the serum switch-up, that's the only difference aside from  the lip-gloss looking darker in the picture, again not a pleasing development. Tried to leave feedback reviews for two products I'm already familiar with but it won't let me. It hasn't shipped so far and today was the target date. They gave me 100 points for the delay which was nice, but I'd like to get review points too.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

By the way, the Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod's are back in stock. I guess I'll get that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I ordered a couple of the potato chips ones from REI and they came two days ago. Shipping was free. I haven't tried them yet, but I was at Marshall's on Monday and they had one Firecracker bar left for $2.99. Excellent. I love Marshall's and TJ's this time of year for the Tortuga Rum Cakes and Key Lime Coconut Patties, amongst many other goodies.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here. However, I was looking forward to the RMS serum and getting a bar of soap instead is not cool. It switched from box 16 to box 32, which isn't on Zadi's list. Other than the serum switch-up, that's the only difference aside from  the lip-gloss looking darker in the picture, again not a pleasing development. Tried to leave feedback reviews for two products I'm already familiar with but it won't let me. It hasn't shipped so far and today was the target date. They gave me 100 points for the delay which was nice, but I'd like to get review points too.
Well, they said we would be able to email our feedback in since we will clearly be receiving our boxes after our window to provide feedback closes.  We can email the customer service address and they will credit us the points.

I am going to give them until Saturday to update with shipping info before I email again.  I know.  Its a box of $10 samples.  We should be so lucky that our delayed boxes are the worst things that happen to us.  But at this point, its more of a customer service issue than anything.  I got an email shortly after the status update email (the one where they said our boxes are late) and they said that the reason I got conflicting info was because they were getting conflicting info from their warehouse, but they assured me the box will ship on 11/29, which is today.  I haven't seen any updates in my email inbox or my bb account.

Well, they said we would be able to email our feedback in since we will clearly be receiving our boxes after our window to provide feedback closes.  We can email the customer service address and they will credit us the points.

I am going to give them until Saturday to update with shipping info before I email again.  I know.  Its a box of $10 samples.  We should be so lucky that our delayed boxes are the worst things that happen to us.  But at this point, its more of a customer service issue than anything.  I got an email shortly after the status update email (the one where they said our boxes are late) and they said that the reason I got conflicting info was because they were getting conflicting info from their warehouse, but they assured me the box will ship on 11/29, which is today.  I haven't seen any updates in my email inbox or my bb account.
I hope they let us know how to format our feedback. I guess I'm just grumpy, but I hope they don't make it a pain in the arse. I've had great customer service from them always, and I'd like to see that continue. You're right about keeping things in perspective, and this time of year that's especially important. 

I got that same Sephora kit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was super happy with it as well as the Bliss All Seasons spray on tanner that I bought so I can get the kit......hmmm....living in the Northeast is someone missing summer????? 

I ordered a couple of the potato chips ones from REI and they came two days ago. Shipping was free. I haven't tried them yet, but I was at Marshall's on Monday and they had one Firecracker bar left for $2.99. Excellent. I love Marshall's and TJ's this time of year for the Tortuga Rum Cakes and Key Lime Coconut Patties, amongst many other goodies.
They have them at Marshall's?! Do you live in California? I wonder if it'll be found in other states. I had assumed I wouldn't be able to find it where I live. Rei sounds like a great idea though! I ordered the chocopods last week so I'll get to see which flavors I prefer!

I finally got my second Birchbox! Does anyone still want to trade for the Modelco lipgloss? Mine is the Showgirl Red, but it looks kind of pinky red, to me. I'm just not a lipgloss kind of girl, and would love to trade for the mascara.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my second Birchbox! Does anyone still want to trade for the Modelco lipgloss? Mine is the Showgirl Red, but it looks kind of pinky red, to me. I'm just not a lipgloss kind of girl, and would love to trade for the mascara.
im not the lip gloss type at all. i really hated lipgloss... but i really love this,  you may like it if you cant find anyone to trade with

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They have them at Marshall's?! Do you live in California? I wonder if it'll be found in other states. I had assumed I wouldn't be able to find it where I live. Rei sounds like a great idea though! I ordered the chocopods last week so I'll get to see which flavors I prefer!
No, I live in PA. But you still might want to check Marshall's, TJ's and Ross if you have them. My local REI's also have the chocolate.

Mine hasnt shipped yet either.  I want to cancel so bad, but have been waiting until I received the November box. Now with December billing happening soon, I may not be able to in time. 

My box finally shipped!!!  It will be in Chicago on the 5th.....
Mine finally shipped too. I was able to review the Soyjoy which I've had before, but not the other products.

I just checked and apparently I'm getting the bar soap as well. Sigh...I hate bar soap. Plus I get a soyjoy bar. Yay! I'm allergic to soy. 
frown.gif
 At least I have tracking info now, though. It's been shipped...

Question though...where do you see what box number you are receiving? Thx

No, I live in PA. But you still might want to check Marshall's, TJ's and Ross if you have them. My local REI's also have the chocolate.
I highly recommend checking Marshall's or TJ Maxx before anywhere else when there is a high-end item you want. The selection differs from week to week, but they are awesome generally. They have a lot of the brands that I see in different sample subs, in full sizes. They have a lot of gourmet chocolate and nice nail polish right now (TJ Maxx; I haven't checked Marshall's for a couple months). The one near me always has DDF, Ahava, and StriVectin. They often have theBalm, too, but not right now. Good perfume selection, too.

Well I just received my chocopod order from earlier in the week. I didn't know it was coming since I didn't get a shipping notice. I ordered two sets of the chocopods and only one was in the box....and no invoice or receipt in the box. This is the second order in a row that's been messed up for me from them. Annoying.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I just received my chocopod order from earlier in the week. I didn't know it was coming since I didn't get a shipping notice. I ordered two sets of the chocopods and only one was in the box....and no invoice or receipt in the box. This is the second order in a row that's been messed up for me from them. Annoying.
Yeah, same here.  I contacted them on twitter and they gave me the link to my tracking via a DM but in my account it shows that it's processing. I made another order for the next day and I got a confirmation last night that the order shipped.  My chocopods are out for delivery right now 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just checked and apparently I'm getting the bar soap as well. Sigh...I hate bar soap. Plus I get a soyjoy bar. Yay! I'm allergic to soy. 
frown.gif
 At least I have tracking info now, though. It's been shipped...

Question though...where do you see what box number you are receiving? Thx
With my computer I just right click on the picture of your box for that month and at the bottom it says "properties." Click that and it shows your box number up in the window. hth  

Latest posts

Back