Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This! I love that they have different boxes but they'd honestly do themselves a favour if they would focus on less variations (maybe 10-15 boxes per month instead of the 30+) and more on evening up the boxes size-wise. While the value of some packets of expensive products may even be higher than something full sized, people will still feel shortchanged if they get $10 worth of a $100 cream in a foil packet when other people are getting full sized products.
They have to get samples from a lot of different companies, because not every company has, or wants to give 200,000 samples every month for every subscriber so they give what they can. If birchbox need one million individual items for boxes every month, it's much more likely they are getting 25,000 from each company. They have to get a lot of different samples from a lot of different brands, they make box combinations from there, naturally there are a lot of different combinations

^^ I think that is why the overall quality (or at least the perceived quality, depending on who you talk to) has gone down as they have grown. They have more subscribers than really great samples.   I'm neither here nor there about it, I am glad for them to be successful, but I am not as happy as I once was.  Overall, I'm still satisfied, so whatevs.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I just received my chocopod order from earlier in the week. I didn't know it was coming since I didn't get a shipping notice. I ordered two sets of the chocopods and only one was in the box....and no invoice or receipt in the box. This is the second order in a row that's been messed up for me from them. Annoying.
FYI .... guess what just showed up in the mail. My other box of chocopods. 

Well, wish me luck, I used the points from my alternate canceled account ($10 from the late shipping fiasco) to order a Jouer Sparkle and Pop for a total of $2.  Maybe I'll get it? I was hesitant to order right now, because of all the trouble you ladies have been having.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am kind of confused by this response. The food doesn't rob you of anything, and the points buy full-size products.
It doesn't buy me my mascara that's in stock bc they are selling it online but they are out of it at the same time.  Why not either send me my replacement or give me enough points to buy it on the website.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am kind of confused by this response. The food doesn't rob you of anything, and the points buy full-size products.
The food is a filler see they use to give deluxe samples and they box was full from the size of the deluxe samples now bc they are giving us nothing samples the box is empty!  

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow... That's ridiculous. They need to have a better inventory tracking system. That would have made me mad too! That's not acceptable. My modelco mascara was dried out so I requested a replacement, but was told they don't have any. Of course, they're still selling them online. If you don't want to replace it then don't. Just don't lie about not having any.
Thank you me too but they sure are selling the SAME SIZE ONLINE!

Originally Posted by heatwebb000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It doesn't buy me my mascara that's in stock bc they are selling it online but they are out of it at the same time.  Why not either send me my replacement or give me enough points to buy it on the website.
You pay $10 for a box of samples. When they give you 100 points for an error, they are essentially refunding your money for the entire box, so yeah, you dont get the mascara, but you're getting whatever you did get for free, plus the points you get for reviewing items.

Thank you me too but they sure are selling the SAME SIZE ONLINE!
I'm sure they got a certain amount for putting in boxes as samples and a certain amount for selling in the store. You got $10 in points because that's how much you paid for the box. You didn't pay $24 for the mascara so why would they give you an extra $14? You got your box for free, plus you get to review things and get the points for that. Seems fair to me.

There is probably a special skew number or amount meant for sampling....which is a different product code than ones for sale. (In regards to the mascara)

What I got in my box was a full size simple so yes I want a full size replacement I don't see how 100 points gets me the product I was so pose to get. My problem is you send dried out mascara so you replace with the same not less than. Would you be okay with getting a 100 points for buying a dried out mascara bc that's what I got. You aren't getting what you were so pose to get that is my issue. BB customer service is horrible. They mess up and the 100 points is there way of saying "we aren't going to fix the issue". I would like someone actually working on not sending empty or dried out products more than my 100 points.

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sure they got a certain amount for putting in boxes as samples and a certain amount for selling in the store. You got $10 in points because that's how much you paid for the box. You didn't pay $24 for the mascara so why would they give you an extra $14? You got your box for free, plus you get to review things and get the points for that. Seems fair to me.
If you bought a item from say Sephora bc we are purchasing these items it doesn't matter they come as samples you are purchasing these samples would you be okay with them not replacing your item and giving you a refund (no points system to compare) that doesn't equal what you had received?  My problem is customer service if I thought they were trying to correct these issues I would be fine with the points but its only getting worse.  From shipping to outright canceling orders and instead of fixing the issue they are just giving 100 points.  That doesn't fix anything in my business I would lose customers and have that money taken back by the form of payment they made.  Just bc its a sampling program doesn't mean they can deny the customers a fair exchange.

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats why I'm okay with points for my Mox lip balm that I didn't get, its more points toward actually purchasing something else that I really really want (Stila palettes) and I'm overflowing with lip balms anyway. Totally fair to me too.

What I got in my box was a full size simple so yes I want a full size replacement I don't see how 100 points gets me the product I was so pose to get. My problem is you send dried out mascara so you replace with the same not less than. Would you be okay with getting a 100 points for buying a dried out mascara bc that's what I got. You aren't getting what you were so pose to get that is my issue. BB customer service is horrible. They mess up and the 100 points is there way of saying "we aren't going to fix the issue". I would like someone actually working on not sending empty or dried out products more than my 100 points.
You didn't buy the mascara though, you bought a grab bag box to which you had no idea what you'd get when you paid for it. If you had actually purchased the mascara than they would replace or refund for it

If you bought a item from say Sephora bc we are purchasing these items it doesn't matter they come as samples you are purchasing these samples would you be okay with them not replacing your item and giving you a refund (no points system to compare) that doesn't equal what you had received?  My problem is customer service if I thought they were trying to correct these issues I would be fine with the points but its only getting worse.  From shipping to outright canceling orders and instead of fixing the issue they are just giving 100 points.  That doesn't fix anything in my business I would lose customers and have that money taken back by the form of payment they made.  Just bc its a sampling program doesn't mean they can deny the customers a fair exchange.
But you didn't purchase a mascara, you purchased a Birchbox. If you had spent the $24 and bought a mascara, then yes, sending you 100 points to make up for it would be unacceptable. But you spent $10 on a box of samples, so the refund they are giving you is exactly equal to what you paid for. If you want that mascara so badly (which in my opinion is a drier mascara that isn't worth $24) then buy it with the points that you received and the points that you get for reviewing the items that you got FOR FREE.

I finally got my box today! It got shipped to Germany (APO address) so it took about a month to get to me. Everything was in there but I made my husband take the box away so I don't play with it. Here's to hoping I get my second November box next week!

I finally got my box today! It got shipped to Germany (APO address) so it took about a month to get to me. Everything was in there but I made my husband take the box away so I don't play with it. Here's to hoping I get my second November box next week!
Germany the country? xD

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im in Germany too, I got my first box(November welcome) delivered to my APO last week. I hope my December box comes before the 24th.

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Germany the country? xD
Yes, the country :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My husband is in the Army so we are stationed in Germany for the next 3 years

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im in Germany too, I got my first box(November welcome) delivered to my APO last week. I hope my December box comes before the 24th.
My November box took about a month from the day that it shipped, so I am not sure how quickly the December boxes will get here. Where at in Germany? We are currently stationed in Wiesbaden.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, the country :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My husband is in the Army so we are stationed in Germany for the next 3 years

My November box took about a month from the day that it shipped, so I am not sure how quickly the December boxes will get here. Where at in Germany? We are currently stationed in Wiesbaden.
 My November box shipped the 19th  and I got it by the 30th, but with APO you cant never be too sure how long it will take. We're in Stuttgart, been here for 7 years.

Back