Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting to receive my November box or info on what's going on since they were supposed to ship today. Hm. I'm not too concerned since they seem to be mostly proactive...I'll give it a few days. Kinda interesting though as I read through the posts...subscribers that were missing one product got 100 extra points but people missing the whole box or all their products get the same amount if they end up pulling the box. It's not a big deal, just something I found to be interesting. All in all, I enjoy Birchbox! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You know I got dried out mascara so I emailed birch box and was told they are out of replacement but here is my 100 points.  Well you sure are selling that same mascara online so send me one of those or give me enough points to buy one but $10 doesn't get me my mascara (which by the way I totally wanted) and go ahead and cancel my sub.
gost.gif
  So I am down to one only bc I want to try the name brands and right now they are using the brands I am getting into to.  I signed up for sample society and starlooks which has its own line of make up looks to be a great deal!!! 
claps.gif
 I dropped the look bag still haven't gotten my bag for nov and haven't heard a word from them.  loving tipsy though!!!
biggrin.gif

I got my first birchbox this weekend. I gave myselft a gift sub because I didnt want to wait on the waiting list forever.  Im not really impressed, and kinda bummed I got a one year sub. I hope next month is much better. Has anyone else gotten a gift sub? If so how was it?

Color club nail polish in muse-ical (it says status update on my card)

Harvey prince eau flirt

lulu organics lavender and clary sage hair powder

gray twistband

Chuao Chocolatier choco pod in caramel

One Love Organics aromatic body serum ( this was supposed to be in my box according to the card but was not there)

I got my first birchbox this weekend. I gave myselft a gift sub because I didnt want to wait on the waiting list forever.  Im not really impressed, and kinda bummed I got a one year sub. I hope next month is much better. Has anyone else gotten a gift sub? If so how was it?
Color club nail polish in muse-ical (it says status update on my card) Harvey prince eau flirt lulu organics lavender and clary sage hair powder gray twistband Chuao Chocolatier choco pod in caramel One Love Organics aromatic body serum ( this was supposed to be in my box according to the card but was not there)
Hiya, it seems that many girls are disappointed by their welcome boxes if they know full ahead of time what they can potentially get in that month's regular boxes. I don't blame the girls... It doesn't seem all that welcoming when a box is full of novelty and random things.

Originally Posted by meetcutecrystal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Keeping with the food themed lifestyle extra, can we expect turkey jerky for November?
I didn't sign up for food  and to me its not extra its box fillers! 
bandit.gif
 robbing us of our deluxe and getting the freebees.  BB is losing so many people but again like me I am down to one BB if I find another company who uses there brands I'd leave for good.  I hate that sorry we messed up here is points that buy nothing we aren't fixing the issues so emailing us is worthless.

Originally Posted by heatwebb000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

bandit.gif
 robbing us of our deluxe and getting the freebees.  BB is losing so many people but again like me I am down to one BB if I find another company who uses there brands I'd leave for good.  I hate that sorry we messed up here is points that buy nothing we aren't fixing the issues so emailing us is worthless.
"points that buy nothing"...?

I am kind of confused by this response. The food doesn't rob you of anything, and the points buy full-size products.

Originally Posted by heatwebb000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

bandit.gif

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I just received my chocopod order from earlier in the week. I didn't know it was coming since I didn't get a shipping notice. I ordered two sets of the chocopods and only one was in the box....and no invoice or receipt in the box. This is the second order in a row that's been messed up for me from them. Annoying.
"We are so sorry about this! We are unfortunately already out of stock again (they really sold out quick!). So I have refunded you for the second choco pack.

Please let me know if I can assist further."

Yes, someone else got MY chocopods. I don't think I'll be ordering from BB again during the holidays.

"We are so sorry about this! We are unfortunately already out of stock again (they really sold out quick!). So I have refunded you for the second choco pack.

Please let me know if I can assist further."

Yes, someone else got MY chocopods. I don't think I'll be ordering from BB again during the holidays.
Wow... That's ridiculous. They need to have a better inventory tracking system. That would have made me mad too! That's not acceptable. My modelco mascara was dried out so I requested a replacement, but was told they don't have any. Of course, they're still selling them online. If you don't want to replace it then don't. Just don't lie about not having any.

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow... That's ridiculous. They need to have a better inventory tracking system. That would have made me mad too! That's not acceptable. My modelco mascara was dried out so I requested a replacement, but was told they don't have any. Of course, they're still selling them online. If you don't want to replace it then don't. Just don't lie about not having any.
The funny part (not so funny) is, they messed up an order and awarded me 100 points, which I used to purchase the two chocopod sets (so I paid $5.90 for both). Then they messed up THAT order and refunded 48 of the 100 points (dunno how they got that number), but nothing extra for the trouble like they did before. Sounds to me like the warehouse is totally fubar.

Thanks! lol 

It seems like BB has been kinda sinking.  I feel like I get better stuff from Ipsy. Yet, I can't leave. (I feel like I have Stockholms syndrome) 

Is it sad that I have been saving my points waiting for something to spend them on in the BB shop and the only thing that really interests me from my beauty sub and its beauty shop is the Chuao chocolates?

Edit: grammarrrrr

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The funny part (not so funny) is, they messed up an order and awarded me 100 points, which I used to purchase the two chocopod sets (so I paid $5.90 for both). Then they messed up THAT order and refunded 48 of the 100 points (dunno how they got that number), but nothing extra for the trouble like they did before. Sounds to me like the warehouse is totally fubar.
They messed up my order this month, too, and sent me the wrong style of an ornament. They refunded me $12 and 88 points and said that was proportionately the number of points from my nearly $70 applied to the one item (I used 300 points on the purchase). But to me, 88 points equals $8.80, plus the $12 I was refunded equals $20.80. The problem here is that the ornament was $22. I asked for their algorithm several days ago and they're refusing to respond, so I'm refusing to ship the ornament back. I know it sounds petty over $1.20 but it's realistically the principle behind it. With what I was given, I could not repurchase the  correct item, so what good does their explanation of "we don't want to send you the wrong one again, so here's your money back and we'll let you know when the warehouse gets sorted out to reorder a new one" do?

They could've just shipped me the right ornament the first time, or even sent it out when I informed them of the mistake, but no.

They messed up my order this month, too, and sent me the wrong style of an ornament. They refunded me $12 and 88 points and said that was proportionately the number of points from my nearly $70 applied to the one item (I used 300 points on the purchase). But to me, 88 points equals $8.80, plus the $12 I was refunded equals $20.80. The problem here is that the ornament was $22. I asked for their algorithm several days ago and they're refusing to respond, so I'm refusing to ship the ornament back. I know it sounds petty over $1.20 but it's realistically the principle behind it. With what I was given, I could not repurchase the  correct item, so what good does their explanation of "we don't want to send you the wrong one again, so here's your money back and we'll let you know when the warehouse gets sorted out to reorder a new one" do? They could've just shipped me the right ornament the first time, or even sent it out when I informed them of the mistake, but no.
I would call and tell them they owe you money. This happened to me a few months back - I returned 1 of 3 items purchased and was refunded in points and money since I paid in points. I accepted that there was some crazy BB method of refunding, but I could not accept that their "algorithm" was actually not refunding me the correct amount after I converted the points to cash value. I called and said " the algorithm is wrong. You still owe me 39 cents." They refunded me the money the same day. It may be a small amount of money, but if this happens across hundreds or thousands of returns, BB is pocketing quite a sum of undeserved cash.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! lol 

It seems like BB has been kinda sinking.  I feel like I get better stuff from Ipsy. Yet, I can't leave. (I feel like I have Stockholms syndrome) 

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it sad that I have been saving my points waiting for something to spend them on in the BB shop and the only thing that really interests me from my beauty sub and its beauty shop is the Chuao chocolates?

Edit: grammarrrrr
I agree....I don't get that excited anymore but I can't seem to quit....I keep hoping....I have received a full sized mediocre mascara and an Essie polish the last two boxes and some cute other stuff...I think it is the points that keep me staying.  When you think about it....it is kind of like getting a 5-6 dollar credit on every box that you only pay $10 dollars for (note total rationalization!)  I have $30 dollars saved and I am hoping that they do a winter favorites box like they did a summer one.  I really liked that box and it was chock full of neat stuff.  I think it was $40?  I think the one thing about BB that irks me more than any other sub program is the huge disparity between boxes!  I have subscribed to A LOT of boxes, and BB is the only one where someone can get a nice box and someone else can get a box of what looks like free packets!  I have been lucky so far, but I think the first time that happens.....I am gone...maybe.....

Originally Posted by Javaprincess /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree....I don't get that excited anymore but I can't seem to quit....I keep hoping....I have received a full sized mediocre mascara and an Essie polish the last two boxes and some cute other stuff...I think it is the points that keep me staying.  When you think about it....it is kind of like getting a 5-6 dollar credit on every box that you only pay $10 dollars for (note total rationalization!)  I have $30 dollars saved and I am hoping that they do a winter favorites box like they did a summer one.  I really liked that box and it was chock full of neat stuff.  I think it was $40?  I think the one thing about BB that irks me more than any other sub program is the huge disparity between boxes!  I have subscribed to A LOT of boxes, and BB is the only one where someone can get a nice box and someone else can get a box of what looks like free packets!  I have been lucky so far, but I think the first time that happens.....I am gone...maybe.....
This! I love that they have different boxes but they'd honestly do themselves a favour if they would focus on less variations (maybe 10-15 boxes per month instead of the 30+) and more on evening up the boxes size-wise. While the value of some packets of expensive products may even be higher than something full sized, people will still feel shortchanged if they get $10 worth of a $100 cream in a foil packet when other people are getting full sized products.

Back