Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks : ). I really don't need more samples but I had 300 points and decided a second BB would be a great way to spend the extra points. I had no idea until I read in a post that you could use your points toward subscriptions.

Also, my mom got the welcome box someone mentioned either in this thread or the December one (with the Harvey Prince perfume, Color Club nail polish, etc). It was missing the OLO sample as well but she was able to get 100 points credited to her account! <3 BB She'll get to try it soon enough though! One of the presents I'm getting her for Christmas will be a full size OLO Aromatic Body Serum from the BB shop!

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks : ). I really don't need more samples but I had 300 points and decided a second BB would be a great way to spend the extra points. I had no idea until I read in a post that you could use your points toward subscriptions.
Nice! I was also so happy to learn that you could get subscriptions with points! That's what 300 of my points went to as well!

Update on my MIA box: It took a while for them to respond but they finally did. My box from my second account never showed up even though it showed as delivered on the 17th. They didn't have anymore of the boxes to send so they comped me December. I cannot complain tbh. Although I was getting the "punishment box" lol, I was looking forward to the Stila Luminizer & the OLO serum. But hey, it is what it is. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering if you signed up for this box after Zadi's post about the December gift box/welcome box.

Because them sending it to her (seemingly to show to us) is like saying "this is what you will get" and I hope that's what they meant b/c I was going to buy the OLO serum with my points until I saw getting that gift box would be more efficient use of the same points. 

Those aren't supposed to start shipping until the 28th, though - so maybe I'm mixing things up.
Well, I got the gift notification today on the sub I sent myself after Zadi's post, so here's hoping this will end up as expected. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mhh, mhh... interesting stuff. So, I was one of the people who got the message about my box shipping super late and getting 100 points compensation. I was getting box 20, which contained the following:

1. Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme Petite Cologne Absolue
  2. Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod
  3. Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
  4. Miracle Skin Transformerâ„¢ Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector
  5. ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara

I just looked at my box again - it's been a while - and the box picture is blank again (despite having been updated), and under the contents, the Miracle Skin Transformer's been replaced with a LUSH Cupcake bath bomb. Interesting. I don't really mind, though, as I got items 1, 2, and the original 4 on my main  account, and I've gotten the hair powder in a previous box on my main. Whereas I was only going to have one completely new item (the Mascara), I'll now have two new items!

Really, as long as I still get the mascara, I'm fine. Crossing my fingers I don't lose that, too!

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mhh, mhh... interesting stuff. So, I was one of the people who got the message about my box shipping super late and getting 100 points compensation. I was getting box 20, which contained the following:

1. Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme Petite Cologne Absolue
  2. Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod
  3. Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
  4. Miracle Skin Transformerâ„¢ Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector
  5. ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara

I just looked at my box again - it's been a while - and the box picture is blank again (despite having been updated), and under the contents, the Miracle Skin Transformer's been replaced with a LUSH Cupcake bath bomb. Interesting. I don't really mind, though, as I got items 1, 2, and the original 4 on my main  account, and I've gotten the hair powder in a previous box on my main. Whereas I was only going to have one completely new item (the Mascara), I'll now have two new items!

Really, as long as I still get the mascara, I'm fine. Crossing my fingers I don't lose that, too!
Crossing my fingers for you, too. The mascara is one of my favorite things in a while!

After reading all the posts about items getting switched out of the late November boxes, I thought I'd check mine too.  Apparently, they took out the RMS serum (not broken hearted about that at all) and gave me the TAY Essential Oils Bar soap in Almond Silk.  I'm ok with that!  Wouldn't be mad if they swapped out my Soy Joy either, but whatevs!  

Not surprisingly, it has not shipped yet.

My box has just shipped. The projected delivery date is December 3rd. 
icon_sad.gif
 They gave me the 100 extra points, so that is pretty awesome of them. Hopefully December will ship on time. I won't be home for the holidays, so hopefully it will arrive before Dec. 20th!!

I am actually a little jealous of all of you getting all these points!  I wouldn't mind the wait if that meant $10 off something from the shop.  

So I just got an email from birchbox they gave me 100 free points because my birchbox was so deleyed :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but the only thing is i got my birchbox already and they are saying that it didnt get shipped till the 20th...... but i got it on the 23th. should i say something or just take the points? the other thing was i didnt get a welcome box (kind of glad i didnt the box i did get was much better)

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I just got an email from birchbox they gave me 100 free points because my birchbox was so deleyed :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but the only thing is i got my birchbox already and they are saying that it didnt get shipped till the 20th...... but i got it on the 23th. should i say something or just take the points? 
One time I thought they didn't send part of my purchase - so I e-mailed them asking if it was being sent or if there was a mix up.  They awarded me 50 points.  The following day I got the rest of my purchase - I e-mailed them back letting them know that the rest of my shipment came.  They wrote back:

Thanks for your honesty! I left the 50 points in your account because you deserve them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please let us know any time you have questions - we're always happy to help!

xo

Nicole

Nicole 

Birchbox | Operations Associate

I always go for honesty.  

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One time I thought they didn't send part of my purchase - so I e-mailed them asking if it was being sent or if there was a mix up.  They awarded me 50 points.  The following day I got the rest of my purchase - I e-mailed them back letting them know that the rest of my shipment came.  They wrote back:

Thanks for your honesty! I left the 50 points in your account because you deserve them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xo

Nicole

Nicole 

I always go for honesty.  
I'm not sure if it matters then? there's a 99% chance that BB is going to leave them in your account because it's bad CS policy for a company to take away an offer once you put it on the table (why people were witching about so and so being canceled) so the end result is that a CS rep has to spend 5 minutes replying to your ticket when we're already complaining about how slow BB CS is sometimes.

I mean, I think honesty is a good policy. if you really care, just consider leaving them a note on fb. That's a lot faster for them to deal with than an actual ticket.

So I just got an email from birchbox they gave me 100 free points because my birchbox was so deleyed :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but the only thing is i got my birchbox already and they are saying that it didnt get shipped till the 20th...... but i got it on the 23th. should i say something or just take the points? the other thing was i didnt get a welcome box (kind of glad i didnt the box i did get was much better)
i got the same thing & i'm taking the points. screw them for giving me a punishment box (box 1) this month, lol. when i resubbed, they said that it should've shipped by the 19th or 20th when i added the sub to my shopping cart but I didn't get a notice until last weekend. I'm about to cash in my points now on the oribe...

I feel like ever since I left NYC my boxes have been meh.  I hope that this pattern doesn't continue down the road with BB 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure if it matters then? there's a 99% chance that BB is going to leave them in your account because it's bad CS policy for a company to take away an offer once you put it on the table (why people were witching about so and so being canceled) so the end result is that a CS rep has to spend 5 minutes replying to your ticket when we're already complaining about how slow BB CS is sometimes.

I mean, I think honesty is a good policy. if you really care, just consider leaving them a note on fb. That's a lot faster for them to deal with than an actual ticket.
 I suppose I am naive when it comes to CS stuff.  I honestly was okay if they said ok - we will take back the 50 points since you got the rest of your shipment. At the time there as a whole backorder of the lipgloss I had purchased (I ordered it right before they went out of stock.).  

I don't do FB - so thats not an option for me. 

xo

Nicole

Nicole 

I always go for honesty.  
That's nice of them for doing that for your order from the store & for you being honest. They should've warned you that your items would ship separately so you wouldn't wonder what was going on with your order though.

my box finally came. ate the chocolate immediately. Put the lulu powder in the jar with my other sample, so I have a fair amount to test out, though my mom had this lavender decorative pillow once that I hated, so lavender isn't really my thing. It seems to work though

Perfume went straight into my perfume sample box. Mascara went in the "to try when others dry out" drawer.

Is the miracle skin transformer a primer? it feels like just a primer, but they have it labeled as something fancy (probably just jargon...anyway)

I was actually more excited to get my Sephora itkits :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> they are so awesome. totally worth the shipping cost :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The thing about their wonky shipping is that it is entirely possible that your late box *did* ship on the 20th even though it arrived on the 23rd.  Usually, boxes go via UPS M-I, which takes *ages*, but if they have to send out replacements, those boxes go standard first-class and arrive very quickly.  That happened to me a few months ago:  I got a shipping notice for a replacement box, decided to not bother looking for tracking updates for a few days because those boxes *never* get all the way from the East Coast to the West Coast quickly, and then the box was in my mailbox just two or three days later after they shipped it.  They may have gone ahead and used standard mail rather than UPS M-I for these late boxes just because it's faster.

And, sadly, in case anyone else was in a Color Club holo order issue boat, I heard back on my issue (I was sent two of the same shade when I had ordered one of each of the two they had on the site): I was not the only one with a messed-up order, so they are pulling the item from the store and refunding my points as a result.  I noticed (and have mentioned this to CS) that the Birchbox store had the labels reversed.  The Cherubic polish is labeled as Harp On It and vice versa.  Cherubic is a sort of nude/pink holo, and Harp On It is a bluish/silver holo.  I'm definitely relieved that the one I did get was the bluish/silver one because I love blue and silver polish and have utter *lust* for linear holos, so if I had only been able to get one polish, it would have been that one.

xo

Nicole

Nicole 

I always go for honesty.  
How nice!

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Im just going to leave it be and be happy with my good fortune with Birchbox :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This was my first box and i loved it then the 100 points i hope my luck keeps going with Birchbox in case you are curious what i got in my box i got:

Color club nail polish in the rose gold- not my usaul style i am usally more out there but its a nice color and i love nail polish

the masque chrome rishe hair stuff- waiting till i day my hair again to use it because it says color holding

the sea terra organics whipped shea butter body creme- this was by far my favirote thing. It is an okay moizture but the smell is amazing i will literly just sit there and sniff it (the scent was the banana one, and it was a great size one ounce

A twistband- almost bought a pack of these from claires but decided not to just on the off chance i got one in my box i was very excited to get one

Model co lipgloss in a red color- full size product yay! i love lipglosses and this one is amazing the color is great and the mirror on the side is very convinet on the go

then finally my least favirote the mens cologne- had to get at least one bad thing in my box lol

overall my box was amazing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So someone from BB just left me a message. She said they are going to 'look in to the problem in the warehouse'  and aren't going to send me the right scent of soap because they aren't sure that the problem won't happen again. So they are refunding me for the soap and adding 100 pts...and then 'later' I can reorder the soap if I still want it. She didn't say how much later....just that I can reorder after they have fixed the problem. Not really happy with this solution...this is the first BB order I've had mixed up like this. They are also sending me a return shipping label to send back the incorrect soap. I used the 25% off code that was posted here to make the order, so now I'm guessing the code was wasted because you can only use it once? ETA: I was going to purchase more Shea Terra whipped body creme with the points they just gave me, but I can't put any in my cart even though it shows in stock??

"Thanks for reaching out to Birchbox! I have left you a message about your order. We truly apologize for the mix up. Attached is a return shipping label (it will be a link by my signature) that you can use to send back the incorrect scent. We are having our warehouse look into the issue so I have refunded you for the hand soap and added 100 points, equal to $10, to your account for the trouble.

Have a great day!

Best,

Sarah"
the same thing happened to me with one of the jonathan adler ornaments!

edit: I was also only refunded $12 of the $22 i spent on the ornament.

Latest posts

Back