Birchbox November 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my glamlife box yesterday in the mail on my main account - loving everything! So much moisture, which is what my face NEEDS this time of year. Looking forward to using the mask tonight before bed. 

However, my second box STILL doesn't work with the cheat. My PYS was the nude lipstick and I'm just dying to find out what else I'm getting. I think there was only one other person here who chose the nude lipstick and has a cheat working. 

I got my box yesterday. I got:

LOC lippie in the berry shade (PYS)

Harvey Prince Sincerely (why??????!!!!)

Temple Spa La La Lagoon shower gel (meh)

Obliphica Professional Seaburry Serum (meh)

The balm blush (yay but sample size is terrible)

My birchboxes have just not been good lately. I went and changed my profile preferences thinking that that might help. I keep getting Harvey Prince over and over and I hate Harvey Prince! Also, the balm blush is a good product, but that sample size is useless. It's so tiny! The only thing that I really liked in my box was the LOC and it is a really good lip crayon and the color is fabulous!

maybe they are just catching onto people using the cheat or something. my cheat still wont work but i have a tracking number on my account. i also got an email this morning for a free key chain for being a long time subscriber! woo hoo!

this month is a bust. 2 months in a row. Is this like ipsy, where you get really good stuff to start off with, but then the quality really starts to decline?

-Temple Spa La La Lagoon shower gel: toiletries are always fun, but not when they come in foil packets, which I'm betting this one will be. I'm also not a fan of basil, but the peppermint might be good to save for cold season.

-MAKE Face Gloss: I already have oily skin after a few hours wearing makeup, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this (ha ha). Anyone else try this?

-Number 4 Restore & repair Oil: already got this in another box, neither like nor dislike this product. I use it because I have it, but do not notice a difference.

-Parlor Curl Cream: if this actually defines my waves without making them crunchy, stringy or highly perfumed, I will no longer consider this month a bust.

-PYS LOC shadow stick: I have already expressed my disappointment about trying a company's product--this should be a 6-item box if I'm having a new line pushed on me.

Well, I sound like a ray of sunshine today, don't I? LOL

finally got my page to load to! 

Screenshot (1).png

One of my boxes (my Impress Me box) won't load and I have no tracking/clicky truck.

Wahhhh!

One of my boxes came today- I don't think I've EVER received a box that wasn't a curated box before the 10th!

LOC shadow stick Impress Me: another gorgeous color! at first I was skeptical, because the stick itself just looks gold, but once on, it's a darker rose gold. It's all I used on my lid, and by some sorcery the color looks brighter and pinker near my lash line, and a more plum-gold on the lid - like I used a separate liner!

MAKE face gloss: I was intrigued by this product. But I don't really get it. It's like a highlighter, but rather gives skin a dewy look? The card says it "refreshes dull skin." I used it the way it was used in the "get ready with me" video, but I'm still not sure what it does. It comes out clear, but as I started to blend it in my cheekbone it seemed to take on a faint white/opal color - or maybe it was just mixing with my foundation. Who knows. The final effect doesn't look bad, but it also doesn't have a pronounced visual effect at all. The formula is super sticky though - the consistency of a lipgloss. I applied this 90 minutes ago and it still has that tacky/sticky feeling. I can't imagine going outside on a breezy day wearing this, unless I wanted my hair to get stuck to my cheeks ! I only used a tiny amount, but maybe I'm not using it right.

Temple Spa bath and shower gel: haven't used yet but I like the scent - it's very herbal.

Liz Earle moisturizer: haven't used yet. The sample jar came in a little box, which was then placed in a little plastic bag - like a deluxe sample from sephora.

Living proof dry shampoo: haven't used yet. I have SOOO much dry shampoo.

Other comments:

- The box design is gorgeous!

- It came addressed to "The Upstanding J______ G_____" I know Birchbox does things like that every so often, but "upstanding" cracked me up, as I woke up with a hangover the size of a whale.

And now I'm looking forward to the adjective used on my second box, which comes in the cat's name.

-Temple Spa La La Lagoon shower gel: toiletries are always fun, but not when they come in foil packets, which I'm betting this one will be. I'm also not a fan of basil, but the peppermint might be good to save for cold season.

-MAKE Face Gloss: I already have oily skin after a few hours wearing makeup, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this (ha ha). Anyone else try this?
The shower gel is in a tube - .84 oz. tube, and the face gloss hasn't made me look oily - it looks fine- but it feels sticky :(
I get your misgivings about the in-house Birchbox brand, and I hope they don't transform the subscription service to privilege their own brands down the line. But the eyeshadow sticks are actually a solid quality item, I'm pleased to say. Though I would never say no to a 6 item box! :D

Photo of my box attached. Forgive my less-than-stellar photography skills, and the kitty butt in the upper left!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The shower gel is in a tube - .84 oz. tube, and the face gloss hasn't made me look oily - it looks fine- but it feels sticky :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I get your misgivings about the in-house Birchbox brand, and I hope they don't transform the subscription service to privilege their own brands down the line. But the eyeshadow sticks are actually a solid quality item, I'm pleased to say. Though I would never say no to a 6 item box! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Photo of my box attached. Forgive my less-than-stellar photography skills, and the kitty butt in the upper left!
That's my box too! I totally agree about the stickiness of the gloss. It looks nice, but feels too much like Vaseline for me to use it often. The idea of my hair sticking to my cheekbones is less than appealing. But the shower gel smells good, the moisturizer is a great size, and I love the eye crayon. So I'm happy with this box:)

My cheat finalllyyyy loaded!

MAKE Skin Illuminator

Dr. Jart+ Water Replenishment Mask

Liz Earle Superskin Moisturizer

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle

LOC Lipstick (nude, PYS)

I am actually pretty excited for everything. I was thrilled with the Tati box and this kind of goes along with it without having overlap. Hopefully the illuminator is well sealed - I have a thing of Benefit Watts Up that will probably last me forever already. 

Capture.JPG

My 2nd box loaded:

The Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream (swapping)

Malin+Goetz Grapefruit Cleanser (received in another box, but will use)

Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Moisturizer (swapping)

Amika Nourishing Mask (received in another box, but will use)

Living Proof Dry Shampoo (receiving in the Editor Box, but will use)

LOC product, seems to be eyeshadow (will definitely swap)

I'm happy with the box. I have literally no interest in any of the LOC products, just like I had no interest in any of Memebox's house brand makeup. I hope these products don't show up in boxes every time they have a launch. 

Whaaaa, not impressed this month. You would think they would really up the boxes, right before the holidays to get us excited. Maybe its just me :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My items: 

Sumbody Salt Scrub

Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris perfume (I just got a perfume sample last month) 

eSalon Perfect Ending Leave In Conditioner
MAKE Face Gloss (I just got a shimmer product last month)
LOC Shadow

Last edited by a moderator:
Whaaaa, not impressed this month. You would think they would really up the boxes, right before the holidays to get us excited. Maybe its just me :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My items: 

Sumbody Salt Scrub

Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris perfume (I just got a perfume sample last month) 

eSalon Perfect Ending Leave In Conditioner

MAKE Face Gloss (I just got a shimmer product last month)

LOC Shadow
I'm getting the same box. I'm a little nervous about this "face gloss" stuff.

Latest posts

Back